Help with German translations (slang)

urs53

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 06:19 am
A tall and rather 'strong' woman can be called 'eine Amazone'.

Hamburger, I also know the Swiss term 'Luusmaidli' for 'Lausemädchen' - more or less the female version of 'Lausebengel'.

JGoldman, I am still curious as to where you are using these terms. Do you know any German at all? Do you build sentences? Do you just use the terms - for what? Thanks for enlightening me!
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 03:30 pm
reply to urs53
urs53 wrote:
A tall and rather 'strong' woman can be called 'eine Amazone'.

Hamburger, I also know the Swiss term 'Luusmaidli' for 'Lausemädchen' - more or less the female version of 'Lausebengel'.

JGoldman, I am still curious as to where you are using these terms. Do you know any German at all? Do you build sentences? Do you just use the terms - for what? Thanks for enlightening me!

Hi-urs53-thank you.

What is a 'Lausemädchen' ?

I'm using these terms as names or nicknames for my comic-book characters. Some of my characters are German so I wanted to give them German names. Very Happy
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 02:38 am
Lausemädchen is the same as the Austrian Lausmensch - bad girl.

I see, a comic book. If you use the expressions as names I think you can be pretty creative. For example, a term like 'Kampfmotte' is not used as a correct German expression - but why not as a name? I get a picture in my head when I hear that so why not?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 03:09 pm
urs53 wrote:
Lausemädchen is the same as the Austrian Lausmensch - bad girl.

I see, a comic book. If you use the expressions as names I think you can be pretty creative. For example, a term like 'Kampfmotte' is not used as a correct German expression - but why not as a name? I get a picture in my head when I hear that so why not?

Thank you urs53-can I also use Lausmaedel?
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 04:19 pm
Sure, JGoldman. I like the sound of it - Lausmädel...
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 04:27 pm
urs53 wrote:
Sure, JGoldman. I like the sound of it - Lausmädel...

Thank you. Do you know any German slang terms for "tomboy"-terms used in Germany for a "girl that likes to do "guy" things", and/or a meaculine -acting female besides:

Wildfang
Range
Wilderange?

Please let me know. Very Happy
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 04:31 pm
No, sorry, JGoldman, I can't think of anything else. From the sound of these words, I prefer Wildfang.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 04:38 pm
urs53 wrote:
No, sorry, JGoldman, I can't think of anything else. From the sound of these words, I prefer Wildfang.

Thank you. Do you know any German slangs for a "powerfully-built female" besides:

die Wallküre
die Kommode
die Tonne
das Drumm

But have a positive connotation?
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 04:47 pm
I'm thinking...
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 02:29 am
reply to urs53
urs53 wrote:
I'm thinking...

Hello urs53-how are you? Did you come up with anything yet?
0 Replies

cielofeu

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 08:50 am
..thinking
hmmm:

das Drumm

did u mean by that : die Trommel? as Drumm is an english word, not german

how about:

die Mollige (heavy/overweight woman/girl, not negative, more on the kind site)

die runde Maus (round / runde referring to weight/overweight, yet Maus making it sweet, as generally guys call a girl Maus (mouse) only with positive con.)

die Kraeftige (kraeftig generally means strong, but if you say : die Kraeftige, one generally means a woman/girl larger then normal...overweight, yet it is not necessarily negative.

hope these help.

C
0 Replies