What's your humor style?

TTH

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 01:51 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
My boss is like Woody Allen, he's a rabbi, too, but far less twitchy. He is entirely overwhelming though. Luckily I only meet him 2-3 times a week and he makes up for it in other ways.
other ways Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 03:08 pm
The test misjudged me:
Quote:
(42% dark, 26% spontaneous, 21% vulgar)

your humor style:
CLEAN | COMPLEX | LIGHT

Your humor has an intellectual, even conceptual slant to it. You're not pretentious, but you're not into what some would call 'low humor' either. You'll laugh at a good dirty joke, but you definitely prefer something clever to something moist.

You probably like well-thought-out pranks and/or spoofs and it's highly likely you've tried one of these things yourself. In a lot of ways, yours is the most entertaining type of humor because it's smart without being mean-spirited.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU: Conan O'Brian - Ashton Kutcher

In reality, of course, I eschew humor.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 03:35 pm
Me too (a fellow Clean Complex Light person).
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 03:49 pm
The Nazi test:

Your Score: The Expatriate

Achtung! You are 38% brainwashworthy, 36% antitolerant, and 33% blindly patriotic

Congratulations! You are not susceptible to brainwashing, your values and cares extend beyond the borders of your own country, and your Blind Patriotism does not reach unhealthy levels. If you had been German in the 30s, you would've left the country.

One bad scenario -- as I hypothetically project you back in time -- is that you just wouldn't have cared one way or the other about Nazism. Maybe politics don't interest you enough. But the fact that you took this test means they probably do. I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt.

Did you know that many of the smartest Germans departed prior to the beginning of World War II, because they knew some evil **** was brewing? Brain Drain. Many of them were scientists. It is very possible you could have been one of them.

Conclusion: born and raised in Germany in the early 1930's, you would not have been a Nazi.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 05:49 pm
Thomas wrote:
The test misjudged me:
Quote:
(42% dark, 26% spontaneous, 21% vulgar)

your humor style:
CLEAN | COMPLEX | LIGHT

Your humor has an intellectual, even conceptual slant to it. You're not pretentious, but you're not into what some would call 'low humor' either. You'll laugh at a good dirty joke, but you definitely prefer something clever to something moist.

You probably like well-thought-out pranks and/or spoofs and it's highly likely you've tried one of these things yourself. In a lot of ways, yours is the most entertaining type of humor because it's smart without being mean-spirited.

Naturally.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 06:54 pm
Thomas wrote:

You must be one of those folks that won't bite anything that might bite back.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 07:29 pm
Your Score: the Prankster(38% dark, 34% spontaneous, 21% vulgar)

your humor style:
CLEAN | COMPLEX | LIGHT

Well that was fun!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 08:34 pm
2PacksAday wrote:
Vapor Trail.

But like Soz {did she not take the humor test?} mentioned about these types of tests...I was 19 when I met my wife, so many of my answers are based on my personality nearly 20 years ago....I'll admit that I'm still a prick, but no longer the superprick I once was.

-------

I took the "love" test last night...I was sooo tired....and tried to write a reply to Dag, about the similar humor scores and the Woody Allen thing...but ended up staring at the screen for ten minutes before deciding to slurk off to bed.

What I wanted to say was....Yeah Dag, you are definitely witty {kind of figured Nimh would score what he did as well} and got to wondering where Lord E would have fit into this test...guessing "Wit" for him also...he was quite a clever bloke....I worship clever, and hope he is doing well.

Woody...I simply find it near impossible to watch him in a film, and I have tried to no avail, to appreciate him several times over the years {much like Bob Dylan, I just don't get him either} I rented one of Woody's movies a few years ago...no idea which one...but does it really matter which one, they all seem to be the same, twitchy guy, twitches around NY for an hour and a half.

Anyway...in the rental, he was commenting that his life was out of focus, and on film he actually was...everything else on the screen was sharp and clear and he was literally blurry, this made me laugh out loud. That was in the opening scene, and I don't remember anything about the rest of the movie at all...plot, title, who else was in it....nada. Since in my mind there is such a strong association between the two, my distaste for Woody, has spilled over onto Diane Keaton...I can't truly enjoy a movie with her in it either.

Speaking in pure stereotypical terms, and I stress that greatly....me being a "Texan" and Woody being a "spasmodic incessantly babbling New York Jew"...I can see why he doesn't appeal to me on the rudimentary level....but it's nice to see that some of you normal folk don't care much for him either.

Heeheehheheehe....he said "slurk."....heheheheehehe....

sozobe wrote:
I started to take the humor test and found it annoying. As in, I couldn't figure out how to answer. I tend to find all kinds of weird things funny, and I don't think they're easily categorized. Just kind of funny or not (and nothing struck me as funny in the first part of the test, before I quit). I mean, "funniest substance"? The word "****" doesn't automatically make me laugh, but there are certainly uses of the word that would make me laugh.

I might be the only one here who finds Slappy, Kicky, dlowan, dag, noddy, and osso to all be funny. (And Roberta and boomer and 2Packs and gargamel and chai and nimh and... lots of people, humor is one of the cool things about this place. I was going for a roughly representative swath though.)

The test is like Canadia...it's not like it's real....
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2007 04:20 am
dlowan wrote:
2PacksAday wrote:

hey, we're as real as the magical land of oz and talking wabbits :wink:
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2007 04:47 am
djjd62 wrote:
dlowan wrote:

hey, we're as real as the magical land of oz and talking wabbits :wink:

Precisely...she said drily.
0 Replies

fiasco101

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 05:27 pm
Your Score: the Idiot Savant(19% dark, 65% spontaneous, 73% vulgar)

your humor style:
VULGAR | SPONTANEOUS | LIGHT

You like things silly, immediate, and, above all, outrageous. Ixne on the subtle word play, more testicles on fire, please. People like you are the most likely to RECEIVE internet forwards--and also the most likely to save them in a special folder entitled 'HOLY ****'.

Because it's so easily appreciated, and often wacky and physical, your sense of humor never ceases to amuse your friends. Most realize that there's a sly intelligence and a knowing wink to your tastes. Your sense of humor could be called 'anti-pretentious'--but paradoxically enough, that indicates you're smarter than most.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU: Johnny Knoxville - Jimmy Kimmel
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 01:19 pm
Well, I finally figured out how to take the test.......and the test claims I am CLEAN/COMPLEX/DARK. I guess I can't argue with that and I was happy not to be the Idiot Savant....but mainly because I can't concentrate long enough to be a good Savant.
0 Replies