What's your humor style?

littlek

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 05:58 pm
(38% dark, 46% spontaneous, 31% vulgar)

your humor style:
CLEAN | SPONTANEOUS | LIGHT

Your style's goofy, innocent and feel-good. Perfect for parties and for the dads who chaperone them. You can actually get away with corny jokes, and I bet your sense of humor is a guilty pleasure for your friends. People of your type are often the most approachable and popular people in their circle. Your simple & silly good-naturedness is immediately recognizable, and it sets you apart in this sarcastic world.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU: Will Ferrell - Will Smith
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 06:21 pm
I'm confused, how do you take this test?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 06:22 pm
Oh, a test. Goodie.

I'm like ehbeth and djjd.

And, like Jon Belushi, I'm fat and smelly.

(85% dark, 42% spontaneous, 31% vulgar)

your humor style:
CLEAN | SPONTANEOUS | DARK

Your humor's mostly innocent and off-the-cuff, but somehow there's something slightly menacing about you. Part of your humor is making people a little uncomfortable, even if the things you say aren't themselves confrontational. You probably have a very dry delivery, or are seriously over-the-top.

Your type is the most likely to appreciate a good insult and/or broken bone and/or very very fat person dancing.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU: David Letterman - John Belushi
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 06:26 pm
Re: What's your humor style?
here it is, sglass - it was tucked into the first post

The 3-Variable Funny Test[/quote]
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 06:52 pm
Huh Me a HAM?

More like a turkey, slightly overdone and I never heard of Will Smith
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 06:53 pm
Oh and thanks ehbeth
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 09:22 pm
(52% dark, 30% spontaneous, 36% vulgar)

your humor style:
CLEAN | COMPLEX | DARK

You like things edgy, subtle, and smart. I guess that means you're probably an intellectual, but don't take that to mean pretentious. You realize 'dumb' can be witty--after all isn't that the Simpsons' philosophy?--but rudeness for its own sake, 'gross-out' humor and most other things found in a fraternity leave you totally flat.

I guess you just have a more cerebral approach than most. You have the perfect mindset for a joke writer or staff writer.

Your sense of humor takes the most thought to appreciate, but it's also the best, in my opinion.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 09:50 pm
littlek wrote:
(38% dark, 46% spontaneous, 31% vulgar)

your humor style:
CLEAN | SPONTANEOUS | LIGHT

Your style's goofy, innocent and feel-good. Perfect for parties and for the dads who chaperone them. You can actually get away with corny jokes, and I bet your sense of humor is a guilty pleasure for your friends. People of your type are often the most approachable and popular people in their circle. Your simple & silly good-naturedness is immediately recognizable, and it sets you apart in this sarcastic world.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU: Will Ferrell - Will Smith

HA!

We're both hams.

I used to couldn't care less about Will Ferrel....only lately have I appreciated him.

MORE COWBELL!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 10:00 pm
I need to be in a funny mood to take this test, and not funny peculiar.

In real life my humor is on the acerbic side. Throwaway dry. Whole populations don't get it. A few odd people have split a gut on these throwaways, which makes me do them more, become a performing seal. But that's rare.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 10:24 pm
For some reason...severe fatigue I would assume...I have been reading the line "People like you" as " People you like"....mine being same as DD's....Jon Stewart - Woody Allen - Ricky Gervais

So the whole time I've been thinking....that's not right....I love Jon, don't know who Ricky is....but I detest Woody, if I were to meet him in real life I'd probably bop him on top of the head..."Shut up, you twitchy little bastard"....

But since it's actually..."people like me"...that's a whole different thing, so nevermind about that...but this raises another question...since I hate Woody for being "twitchy", and since I am like him....does that mean I subconsciously hate a part of myself...no matter how small that part may be...cause I was only "twitchy" that one time...I mean, it was in the presence of my wife and everything....but I don't think it had any negative effect on how she views me...or maybe it did....eh fukit, I'm gonna go watch Annie Hall and rethink this whole macho/manly thing.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 10:24 pm
eh - (47% dark, 23% spontaneous, 15% vulgar), which is to say, clean, complex, light.

Well, light and dark may have different defs for the author and me.

all the while,

You scored higher than 99% on darkness

You scored higher than 99% on spontaneity

You scored higher than 99% on vulgarity

Hmmm, it calls me a prankster. I never do pranks, never have, only child, you know. And chose against practical jokes on that question. wtf?

I think I befuddled the test.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 10:46 pm
I think I should have gone with Bill Murray instead of Adam Sandler...Bill is a little too dry and deadpan sometimes...but Sandler is way too goofy more so.

Thanks to Youtube I now know who Ricky Gervais is...yes I like.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 10:48 pm
2PacksAday wrote:
For some reason...severe fatigue I would assume...I have been reading the line "People like you" as " People you like"....mine being same as DD's....Jon Stewart - Woody Allen - Ricky Gervais

So the whole time I've been thinking....that's not right....I love Jon, don't know who Ricky is....but I detest Woody, if I were to meet him in real life I'd probably bop him on top of the head..."Shut up, you twitchy little bastard"....

a big DITTO, all the way down to bopping Woody Allan on his head at the first opportune moment. Btw, my score is very close to yours:

Your Score: the Wit
(52% dark, 38% spontaneous, 26% vulgar)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 11:26 pm
BUT, i took the next quiz - the online dating personna test and I am...

Shocked

The Stiletto
Deliberate Brutal Sex Master (DBSM) Edgy. Physical. Devastating. You are The Stiletto, of all types, the most likely to be a dominatrix and the least likely to apologize.

Sex is your object, and you have a LOT of it. Doubtless, you've figured out how easy it is for a dominant, assertive woman to have as many and whichever partners as she chooses. You're in control, you know what you want, and you get it, right there. It's highly likely you have a nice body, and it's even more likely we're getting all turned on right now writing this.

You're generally careful with your actions and words, but your test answers indicate you've hurt some people, drawn some blood. This means one of two things. Either you're calculating, and pain is just part of your game plan, or hurting the occasional guy is just the unfortunate, but natural, byproduct of your liberated sexual existence.

Our tendency is to believe the latter: you're willing to engage men on a basic sexual level, and clearly they're attracted to you. It's understandable that a few might get overly attached, and sometimes harshness is the only way for you to escape: you've got to cut your way out. After all, it's not emotional bondage you're looking for right now.

Your exact female opposite:
The Window Shopper
Random Gentle Love Dreamer

Always avoid: The Slow Dancer (DGLD), The Manchild (RBLD)

Consider: The 5-Night Stand (DBSM), The Bachelor (DGSM)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 11:28 pm
http://www.okcupid.com/online.dating.persona.test ...just in case someone else wants to take chances.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 07:28 am
took the dating persona as well, so true, so true

The Manchild
Random Brutal Love Dreamer (RBLD)

Hopeful. Awkward. Soft-headed. Fire intrigues you. You are The Manchild.

Okay, Manchildren have some good qualities. They can be unpredictable, brash, magnetic--and therefore highly charismatic. Particularly, you're passionate and are often a hell of a lot of fun.

But we'd like you to consider not using OkCupid. You can be unthinking and hurtful, and we think you LIKE seeing bad things happen. You've had a moderate number of relationships, but broken a disproportionate number of hearts. In total, you mean well, but don't really have it together.

It's up to you, of course, whether to continue dating. There are plenty of women out there who do deserve you. But you've heard our advice.If you stay ...

Your exact male opposite:

The Bachelor

Always avoid: The Dirty Little Secret (DGSM)

Consider: The Sudden Departure (RBLM)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 10:31 am
Well, sorry dj. I am told to always avoid your ilk.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 10:45 am
dagmaraka wrote:
Well, sorry dj. I am told to always avoid your ilk.

Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 10:52 am
i have never done what i'm told to do though. out of principle.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 11:09 am
The Bachelor, eh? I should introduce you to my brother.

Then again... maybe not. Very Happy
0 Replies