Will Hillary Give Obama The Vice Pres Nod?

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 08:25 am
I don't hate Obama, he's a very smart guy with a lot of things to say worth listening to but if he wins the nomination then prepare for at least 4 more years of the extended bush presidency. They will rip him to shreds and leave him bleeding in the street in the general. You think they minimized John Kerry? You know nothing. Hillary can withstand them and give back as good as she gets.

All you Hillary haters, unless you want another 4 years on the same course exactly, better hold your nose and join the rest of us in voting for Hillary in the general.

IMO.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 10:23 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I don't hate Obama, he's a very smart guy with a lot of things to say worth listening to but if he wins the nomination then prepare for at least 4 more years of the extended bush presidency. They will rip him to shreds and leave him bleeding in the street in the general. You think they minimized John Kerry? You know nothing. Hillary can withstand them and give back as good as she gets.

All you Hillary haters, unless you want another 4 years on the same course exactly, better hold your nose and join the rest of us in voting for Hillary in the general.

IMO.

BP
I just wrote a bit about Corn's piece on the Obama 08 thread. But I wanted to address your thoughts here.

I don't agree that Obama as an individual, or Obama's team, will be magnitudes weaker than Hillary's in the general. All of them have managed a really extraordinary campaign to this point competing with Hillary's machine (keep in mind that Hillary's campaign might well be considered one of the most thorough and effective in US political history).

Further, if Obama does win the nomination, then I think it is assured that most of Hillary's people will make themselves available for the larger effort, winning the presidency. I seriously doubt that the 'hate' Corn reports on descends downward much past a small coterie of people who have been with Hillary or with Bill for a decade or two. And even those people likely understand who the real enemy is.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 10:55 am
I sure hope so.
Bear, I think you're playing Obama & Co. very cheap. Perhaps getting him confused with Mr. Carter?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 11:47 am
sorry guys I listen to Obama, I respect Obama, if he gets the nomination I will vote for him. But I don't see him with the killer instinct defeating the repub smear machine takes.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 01:06 pm
I understand. And you know how convinced I am of the serious efficacy of the conservative movement's amoral means to power.

This time, though, we are greatly aided by circumstance. If the dems lose this one, it will be through miscalculations and mis-steps of huge proportion. Republican incumbents are in danger in many places and the party is in disarray with no uniting candidate on the horizon. And, "change", the desire for it within the electorate, is going to be perhaps the fundamental aspect of the election.

Given these factors, Obama's campaign strategy of promoting 'change' and 'I don't do dirty politics' and 'come together' might just work really well in the general.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 01:16 pm
snood wrote:
Has nothing to do with Obama. If you believe this pap, they'd "hate" anyone who dares challenge Hillary.

Quite possibly.
0 Replies