Temporary Separation - How to cope? How long is enough?

cavfancier

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 03:17 pm
Sugar has a knack Wink Listen to Sugar....despite the creepy Snow White evil queen avatar...she knows things, and most often 'hits the nail on the head.'

"She also complains about sending roses, etc. and prefers free or inexpensive things like notes. Maybe she feels that spending $100 on roses is a quick, insincere fix for a previous argument or an easier way of saying 'I love you' than the time spent on a letter. Maybe she feels that you are not being truly mindful of her - it's not the $100 - it's the case that a delivery man is not as thoughtful as moments of your time spent writing something meaningful."

Good point. I know that my wife SAYS she would like roses sent to her at work, but bringing them to her myself, including a picnic lunch, is much more effective. We have money issues now, so the 'grand gestures' are not possible at the moment, but the little things count more than the gifts.

When there are trust issues, that requires not just communication, but depth of communication, and a lot of self-anlaysis as to what your personal role is in the breach of trust, and why it happened. It ain't easy, but it is a problem that can be solved, if both of you have the desire and the patience.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 06:58 pm
Well said, cav!
0 Replies