Well, I’m unexpectedly and grumpily retired.
House tried to burn itself down on Friday so woollies are boarding as the house is not liveable. No word as to when insurers will be fixing it as presently they are more concerned about what caused it in the first place....it was in the fuse box and extended up through the wiring as the wiring insulation burned its way up toward the ceiling behind the wall.
Curtains on fire as well, but I put them out, smothered the electrical fire with a towel, and thought I’d put it out. It reignited a few minutes later as I was waiting for the fire brigade and I was able to persuade a police officer who got there first to put it out with the universal extinguisher in the police car.
Much better outcome than you’d expect, really.
I’m with neighbour for now, waiting to see how long I am going to have to stay out of home.
Also it’s my birthday!