Surgery--Again

Roberta

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2018 02:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yep, edgar. The infection was causing the problem. Not the tooth.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2018 01:22 pm
@edgarblythe,
Didn’t know that! http://www.fairfielddentalassociates.com/blog/abscessed-teeth-are-deadly
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2018 05:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
In my case, the dentist prescribed an antibiotic over the phone, without first seeing me. I knew it wasn't helping, but I had to finish a job in order to get a badly needed payday, so I endured the tooth, until I had the money in my hand. Then I walked into the dentist's office. He took one look at me and told me to get to a hospital and don't make any side trips. Then he instructed the woman at the desk to not charge me any money. One hospital rejected me and the next one made me sit in the waiting room eight hours before seeing me. By coincidence, the doctor that saved my life walked by me and immediately admitted me. I had surgery the same evening.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2018 11:12 am
@edgarblythe,
Luck of the draw. It happened for you at the right time and place. Happy for you.
0 Replies

ddlowan

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2018 07:28 pm
@Roberta,
Blimey I turn my back and teeth are gone! I hope the infection is clearing Boida?
Roberta

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2018 10:25 pm
@ddlowan,
The infection appears to have cleared up. However, the antibiotic and pain meds have significantly upset my stomach. Now I think I'm dehydrated. Yes, I'm drinking a lot of liquids. I usually rattle when I walk from all the pills I take. Now I'm sloshing. But the symptoms remain.

Do I have all the fun or what?

How's by you, bunny?
ddlowan

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2018 11:35 pm
@Roberta,
You eating lots of plain, live yogurt?

I'm ok.

Wanting to spend much less time at work and more at home. Alas, my mortgage laughs at me over this.

Enjoying my new place a lot.
Roberta

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2018 12:55 am
@ddlowan,
I'm really glad to hear that you're happy in your new home. Tell dem woollies I say hi.
parijatak

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2018 05:59 am
@Roberta,
You will be totally fine,
After Recovery try, to be safe and ignore such health issue.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2018 04:02 pm
@Roberta,
(((((((((((((((((Boida))))))))))))))))) always in my heart, thinking of you and sending you the massivest of humungous hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxx
0 Replies

ddlowan

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2018 08:55 pm
@Roberta,
How's mit?

Sebastian achieved the milestone of going to sleep on my chest while I lay in the bath.

It's only a little bath so only the tip of his tail was in the water!

I finally unpacked the truly last box. Cookbooks remain disappeared! As do the two potplants they packed in a carton. Not together...the books were in storage.
Roberta

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2018 10:23 pm
@ddlowan,
Because of bureaucratic idiocy and human stupidity and insensitivity, I had a toothache for three steenkin' weeks.

I went to three different places to get the tooth pulled. Three weeks later, it's out.

Sebastian was in the bathtub with you? That boy is just a little nuts--but lovable. I'm glad you're all unpacked. Phooey on the missing cookbooks.
ddlowan

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 05:58 pm
@Roberta,
Sorry to hear you are in pain...or were, hopefully? Is it ok now?

Want to have a good kvetch and tell the whole horrible story?

How is your chewing going?

You working at all?

ddlowan

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 06:09 pm
@ddlowan,
Sebastian is the definition of nuts!

Last night he was out with me watering.

The baby who lives opposite me became fascinated. She's one of those babies who gallumphs along on her bottom instead of crawling. Our road is just used by people in our little street so it is very safe. The baby gallumphed her way across to us, with a number of detours, as it seems it is hard to control your direction when gallumphing.

When she got close her mum came over and lifted the baby up to meet Sebastian while my neighbour, Shandy, who Sebastian adores, picked Sebastian up to meet the baby.

In a moment reminiscent of the creation of Adam, Sebastian reached out his paw to greet the baby. Sadly, he was particularly ecstatic and was hence trying to knead (I think you guys call that making biscuits?) so the little paw had a scary looking bunch of claws at the end. The baby has been biffed by her own family cat so she was scared of said claws. The mum took Sebastian's paw to reassure her but no matter how much she longed to touch him, the baby couldn't quite get past the claws. Sebastian, who normally reaches out with retracted claws became more and more excited and so the claws didn't go in....however, he and baby gazed adoringly into each others eyes and the baby suddenly burst out into peal after peal of laughter.

When they left, Sebastian, who normally hates t be held for more than a minute, totally relaxed in my neighbour's arms like a baby and gently patted her face while they gazed into each other's eyes.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 07:04 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Tooth problems can be a killer.

Yea, my dentist just charged me $8,000. Killed my savings.
Roberta

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 09:41 pm
@ddlowan,
hey, deb. The pain has subsided--finally. I may tell the whole, horrible story, but not now. It's too fresh and infuriating. I'm eating mush, which doesn't require much chewing.

Tomorrow I'll be attending a luncheon with the organization that sponsors my book group. That may be my first attempt at chewing.

No work. I got an offer to edit a biology book. I told the editor that I had never worked on a biology book. Is that a problem. She assigned it to someone else.

I love the baby/Sebastian story. I can picture it. I can't speak for other Americans, but when a cat does that thing with its paws, I call it kneading.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2018 02:14 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Quote:
Tooth problems can be a killer.

Yea, my dentist just charged me $8,000. Killed my savings.

Holy Crap Tak, what did he do? I hope at least a movie and dinner before he/she emptied your wallet.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2018 10:02 am
@glitterbag,
I had some decay, so he cleaned it out and filled it. My only weakness is that I love ice cream.
I had my car's transmission fluid flushed and replaced. Cost $305 bucks! Everybody now charges doctors' fees. How many people make over $200/hour? Highway robbery.
0 Replies

ddlowan

Reply Mon 7 May, 2018 06:34 pm
@Roberta,
So, how's mit then?
Roberta

Reply Mon 7 May, 2018 10:17 pm
@ddlowan,
I had a semi-crisis with my breathing. I attribute it to all the stress, pain, and medication present in my life recently. I forced myself in to see a pulmonologist (no appointment) and got the meds I needed. Feeling better.

When I was waking up earlier today, I imagined that Miranda was lying under my arm. I need an animal in my life. Sigh.