Surgery--Again

dlowan

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2017 02:14 am
@Roberta,
Boida, dreams often take only a couple of minutes or even seconds.

I doubt I stage anything major in my dreams, but simply believe I have.
Roberta

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2017 05:06 am
@dlowan,
Well, phooey. I was gonna ask you whether the music was original or taken from other places. A few seconds--not enough time for much of a song.

Now I'm worried that you thought I was actually worried. I wasn't. I was amused/impressed at such goings-on in your subconscious. I was teasing you.
dlowan

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2017 03:42 pm
@Roberta,
Oh cool.

ddlowan

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2018 10:02 pm
@dlowan,
Hi,

I stopped being able to get in as dlowan, so I am now ddlowan!
Roberta

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2018 11:53 pm
@ddlowan,
I noticed the extra d. What's going on?
Sturgis

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 12:29 am
@ddlowan,
Oh great. Now I'm going to keep hearing Frankie Avalon singing De De Dinah!

Anyway, sorry this happened to you, and glad you found a way to still function here.

0 Replies

ddlowan

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 06:40 am
@Roberta,
Chrome stopped knowing my password for me I can’t remember it and the dlowan account is linked to a defunct email account so I can’t get the link to reset it

Such is life!

How’s mit?
Roberta

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 06:54 am
@ddlowan,
Don't ask. Healthwise I'm eh, which is normal.

I'm overwhelmed with financial matters and paperwork and stuff. Feeling tense and tired. Well, I'm always tense and tired. Just a bit more so now.

Did you open that big box yet?
ddlowan

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2018 04:04 am
@Roberta,
Yes. It’s now a pile of packing rubbish and a big cabinet lying on its side waiting for me to get help to move it. Likely get moved in the next couple of days
ddlowan

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2018 10:06 pm
@ddlowan,
Hey! How's mit?

Cabinet is up and where it belongs.

We had a lovely street party last Friday.

Woollies mad as ever. I accidentally locked Sebastian in the pantry for a whole day and now he loves being in there. Has slept in there for a couple of nights.

Roberta

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2018 11:08 pm
@ddlowan,
I like Sebastian's attitude. I'm not in prison. This is my private castle. I used to have block parties. Love dem. Glad you enjoyed yours.

I saw the internist last week. Now I gotta go see a gastroenterologist (I may have irritable bowel syndrome). I also have to go see an ENT. There's a lump in my jaw. The internist thinks it's a lymph node, but it has to be checked. I'm also due to return for another mammogram and a trip to the onocologist. Another CAT scan and a trip to the pulmonologist. And a few other things.

Glad everything seems to be ok with you. Are you still doing all that travel for work?

I remember the first time I had to make a business trip. I was being sent to Pittsburgh. My mother was not happy about the situation and wanted to know why they couldn't send me somewhere I could get to by subway. Hey, ma. I'm not leaving NYC.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2018 06:25 am
When I lived in Brooklyn I loved the subways. Used to ride them at random to see where they took me. I was amazed how far some will take you.
Roberta

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2018 09:35 am
@edgarblythe,
Hey edgar, Going from the north Bronx or northern Manhattan to the southern tip of Brooklyn is far. I mean FAR.

I can't ride the subway anymore. But one more trip is on my bucket list. BTW, I live directly over the subway, so I hear them all the time. A sound of home.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 12:25 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

I can't ride the subway anymore. But one more trip is on my bucket list. BTW, I live directly over the subway, so I hear them all the time. A sound of home.

If you ever get the hankering to take a subway ride, here's the webpage to find out which stations have working elevators and which elevators are out of service:
Elevator and Escalator Status
Sturgis

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 03:17 pm
@tsarstepan,
Often times, I used to ride the D train from one end to another. Many times I would transfer along the way and transfer at west 4th over to the A or C out to Far Rockaway. Occasionally took the 1 from 242nd and would make the transfer at 59th to the A. Never did a train run of all the lines in one journey as some have.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2018 12:45 am
tsar, Very thoughtful of you. Thanks for the info.

sturgis, I don't think I ever took the 1. In da Bronx, my trains were the D, CC local, and the IRT no. 4. In Manhattan, I'm an east side kid. Lexington Avenue. I never went on the subway just to ride on the subway, but a trip from the Bronx to Coney Island or Rockaway was almost the same thing.

This discussion reminds me of an early memory--one of my first rides on the subway. I looked around and saw people snoozing. I asked my mother how people could sleep with all that noise. She said that you get used to it. I was skeptical (not the most trusting child), but she was right.
Sturgis

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2018 05:49 pm
@Roberta,
I've always loved trains. Travel by train is quite relaxing and the subways, apart from often being filthy are equally relaxing for me. For a long time I wanted to get a place to live along an elevated line.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2018 12:01 am
I had an appointment with a gastroenterologist on Monday. She thinks I'm OK relatively speaking, but it's time for me to have a colonoscopy. Blech.

On Monday, I had a pain in my mouth (not a toothache), which got worse as the day progressed. I couldn't sleep and started looking for an emergency dentist first think in the morning. Finding an emergency dentist is easier said than done. There are many listed in google. Almost all require an appointment. Emergency? Appointment? The very few that didn't require an appointment did require insurance.

I called a place that didn't require insurance and asked if I could have an appointment that day. I was there at one and had two teeth removed. I'm taking pain killers and antibiotics. I still have pain, but it's subsiding a bit.

In addition to the pain killers and antibiotics, they should have provided me with smelling salts, which I needed when I found out what it cost. Thud and a half.

What if I didn't have the money? Would they have put the teeth back in?

Major complaint: They kept the teeth. Nothing under my pillow for the tooth fairy. Sigh.

Sturgis

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2018 12:06 am
@Roberta,
They kept the teeth? Such noive!

Sorry you're going through this. Try rest and feel better.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2018 06:37 am
Tooth problems can be a killer. I once had an infected tooth that the Doc said would have killed me, had I waited a day longer to come in.