Surgery--Again

Sturgis

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2017 04:02 pm
@dlowan,
Quote:
Could this be a world first in cat related injuries?!

Quite the possibility! (Keep in mind I have yet to see a cat on a leash - at least not one that's out for a walk or run).

Nice reading that your home is coming together and that you've got that new cabinet. Yeah, there seems to be a tendency these days for excessive packaging. Had a box sent here in August which had a bunch of packing bags (bags filled with air) and there at the center was a much smaller (1/4 size) box with the item I'd ordered.
dlowan

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2017 05:07 pm
@Sturgis,
I’m thinking cheetah handlers may have received leash burns in the past...but perhaps not puddy tat owners?
Roberta

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2017 06:43 pm
@dlowan,
As my grandmother would say, "That Sebastian is a bonditt." Glad the house is feeling homey.

Bad news: Little Mabel died yesterday. I told her owner that she gave that little fluff ball a good life and made her happy in her old age. I loved that dog. I'm sad.
dlowan

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2017 10:11 pm
@Roberta,
Oh, that’s awful!
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2017 12:50 am
@Roberta,
Oh my. Sorry to read of Mabel's earthly ending. You too were a part of her happy times.
dlowan

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2017 05:35 am
@Sturgis,
Hey, Boida....you got “The Marvellous Mrs Maisel” on your cable?

I think you might love it!
ehBeth

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2017 11:06 am
@Roberta,
So sad to hear about Miss Mabel. I'm glad she got to know you.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2017 02:34 pm
deb, I'll look for Mrs. Maisel.

Bethie, I'm glad she and I got to know each other. She liked to lick my nose. And she followed me everywhere. Sigh.
Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2017 07:36 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan- Funny that you should mention that series. My brother just recommended it to me tonight. I have it on Amazon Prime streaming. We watched a bit of it. It looked adorable, but I found that the audio was not clear, and we were missing words, even with the c.c. on.
dlowan

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2017 09:44 pm
@Roberta,
Any chance of a new dog visitor?
dlowan

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2017 09:45 pm
@Phoenix32890,
I think the cc gives a pretty good run down though?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2017 10:47 pm
@dlowan,
I was assured by the executive director of the social services agency that they would find me a dog. I was assured by the dog-looker that she's looking. Where's the dog? Quien sabe?

I met with Mabel's mother yesterday. She and her husband are taking it hard.
dlowan

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2017 12:06 am
@Roberta,
How old was Mabel? Was her death unexpected?

So sad....
Roberta

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2017 02:47 am
@dlowan,
Mabel was older than originally thought. She was around 14. She had been slowing down a bit. Her death wasn't unexpected.
dlowan

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2017 08:51 pm
@Roberta,
May the force find you a good, healthy dog with a very healthy and reliable owner!

I started holidays today....I just slept for 13 hours. Woke only to feed cats.

Then dreamed I had smuggled them into a place Dodi and I were holidaying in. On the last night they were discovered.....for some reason it was Dodi’s fault.

The staff member went to wake the manager, who was sleeping in a satin lined coffin which lit up green when the lid was opened. He decreed we should be kicked out. The staff were being very rude so I told all the locals, who were drinking in the bar, that the manager was a vampire.

I was then startled to see a munchkin cat in a little jacket running freely around the dining room, watched happily by its owners. I protested the inequality, to be told that the owners had ASKED and were granted permission to bring the cat because it was so cute.

The NOIVE!

Who needs awake when sleep is so eventful?
Roberta

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2017 11:29 pm
@dlowan,
That's one helluva dream. Coherent in some ways. I don't expect sense.

Enjoy your days off and tell Dodi I say hi and happy holidays.
dlowan

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2017 12:16 am
@Roberta,
That’s one of my mildest dreams

I just remembered it well because I had just woken.

I dream entire pieces of musical theatre with songs, multiple themes and three acts on a good night.

The bad dreams are as elaborate

It’s too much.

You been paid yet already?
Roberta

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2017 05:06 am
@dlowan,
I was paid a long time ago. That's how I was able to afford the new glasses.

Three acts? Are you doing all the singing? (I wonder what Freud would say about this.)
dlowan

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2017 12:06 am
@Roberta,
Good heavens, of course I don’t do all the singing! We have principals and choruses for that.
Roberta

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2017 05:10 pm
@dlowan,
Bunny, I'm trying not to be concerned about the psychological state of a wabbit who stages full-blown musicals in her dreams.

You know I'm a worrier.