Surgery--Again

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 06:35 pm
@dlowan,
And I'm there too, scary stuff. Albuquerque has a senior affairs system but I found it nonsensical. It is, or was, but I need to go back and fight my way through. My bad for putting it off.

Money has never been in my top interests, but I was surviving in my way until I got whammed by breast cancer surgeries and multiple exciting eye surgeries (6), that all being before I had medicare much less medicaid. I think of myself as insurance poor, as just the regular payments kept climbing up, and then, and then, what that insurance didn't pay was killing me on top of it. That was now a bunch of years ago, early 2000's.
Moved to different state.

I can't pay my property tax. Among other things, I didn't know it kept rising in New Mexico (it didn't when I lived in California, unless you bought a new place. I struggled a lot. I finally called a cousin, the one that likes me (the other one didn't like her sister either). Not an easy thing to do...

She and her husband have picked it up for a couple or three years now. When I asked, I thought of it as one time, but of course I didn't become rich in the meantime. My cousins (I call him cousin too), are similar in age to me. The good news is that they have money.. but they or their children don't owe any of that to me.

Meantime I scramble for house insurance payments, yada yada, but make it.
I love these cousins and don't like that I dragged money into our seventy years plus cousin friendship.

That's enough typing for now.

I probably needed some good advice, but I've been to attorneys before and struck coal. I'm not against them in general, didn't have the moolah.
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 07:10 pm
@ossobucotemp,
That last sentence was meant for elsewhere.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2017 04:44 pm
I saw the dermatologist today. I always get nervous when I see this doc. My father had skin cancer.

I'm happy to report that all is well.
Izzie

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2017 07:09 pm
@Roberta,
Happy Birthday Darling Boida, thinking of you, sending you the biggest of hugs and all my love xxxx Love you Goil xxxx
Roberta

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2017 10:34 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie querida!!

Seeing you here makes me happy, and it makes my birthday better.

Thanks for remembering, you good kid, you.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2017 02:09 am
Happy Birthday!!

Are you doing anything special?
Roberta

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2017 02:15 am
@dlowan,
Thanks for the birthday wish, Deb. I've got special plans, but not on my actual birthday.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2017 09:44 am
Happy Boithday
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2017 09:57 am
@Roberta,
A belated Happy Birthday, Robbie. Have fun with the special plans.
Roberta

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2017 10:08 am
@ossobucotemp,
Thanks edgar and osso. Osso, not belated. Today is the day.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2017 11:40 am
@Roberta,
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/27/c7/50/27c750aa704b727ef7f0e4f518b872ce--birthday-greetings-birthday-wishes.jpg
Roberta

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2017 05:34 pm
@ehBeth,
Thanks, bethie. Your card reminds me of Mabel, who sent me a card and a box of chocolates. Dem canines has class.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2017 08:42 pm
@Roberta,
Wotcha doing that’s special? Pig Heaven? Some other heaven?
Roberta

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2017 01:28 am
@dlowan,
I went out for birthday cake with Mabel's mother. Chocolate with chocolate chips and chocolate icing.

Sheila and I will be going out to celebrate our birthdays. Not sure where yet. I was recently at Pig Heaven with my cousin, so I don't know if I'll go back this soon.

Speaking of my cousin, she and I will have dinner, maybe at a deli.
dlowan

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2017 10:05 pm
@Roberta,
Have fun. Now I’m hungry!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2017 05:17 pm
I was at Bellevue today. Had an electromyogram--a test to check nerves. I have a mild case of peripheral neuropathy, which could be affecting my balance.

I have to see the neurologist to put together the results of all the tests.

BTW, this was a very unpleasant test. Electric shocks and needles stuck into my nerves.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2017 05:04 pm
@Roberta,
I'm glad you have gotten the EMG out of the way. Hopefully it will net some results in gaining a diagnosis.

Prior to your taking the test, I kept relatively silent as I didn't want to make you nervous and/or uneasy. It is one test which I have sworn to myself to never again endure.
Roberta

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2017 05:32 pm
@Sturgis,
I usually don't mind tests much, but this was a doozy. Ouch and a half.
dlowan

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2017 02:25 pm
@Roberta,
Sad
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2017 03:54 pm
@Roberta,
So. How’s mit?

I have some time off after the 22nd December until the 2nd January! Yay!

The back injury I got at work seems to be settling down....touch wood.

My new house was kind of getting to look all proper like when the kitchen storage cabinet I bought was delivered. It’s YUGE! Hopefully it’s smaller than its box suggests as I gather it has lots of packing material around it.

It is currently occupying a massive amount of space in my dining area as I have been too daunted to unpack it. When I do, it is lying on its side and I am feeling happy that I have a street full of neighbours more than willing to help me set it to rights.

I currently boast a sort of rope burn gained when Sebastian was so enthusiastic to go for his run that he pulled his leash so fast through my hand that it injured me! Could this be a world first in cat related injuries?!