Surgery--Again

dlowan

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 11:18 pm
@Roberta,
Is the breathing a progression of your copd? We call it coad, which always leads to me being a bit confused.

Are you generally better in winter or summer?

What’s the book? If you like it I may too.

I loved Lincoln in the Bardo, which has just won a major prize.

I have just joined a book club here! I loved the last book we did.

This time we are reading a book one of the members has written.....which is always a bit nerve racking.

I have too many clothes! I am going to have to have another big cull. At present I have just stuffed what I can into the available cupboard space and I amusing a rack in the corridor for the rest. Just found a favourite black shirt!

And scarves! Oh veh!

Lovely to have my ornaments and things back.

I’m just taking a break from unpacking and arranging. I have to find a home for a loved piece of furniture which just won’t fit, so I have people in and out looking at it.

Sebastian and Viola are loving the attention. I just want the cupboard gone!

Roberta

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 11:37 pm
@dlowan,
I don't know whether it's a progression of epmphesema or whether it's something else. I think it's something else, but what do I know.

I'm much better in winter, if it ever arrives. It's too steenkin' hot for October.

The book is A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles. Beautifully written.

I wouldn't show up the day I had to discuss a book someone in the group had written. This can be painful. I've had horrendous experiences editing books by people I know (with one exception).

If you go to the meeting, I'll be interested to hear how it goes.

Too many clothes. Is there such a thing? I guess there is. Sorry to hear about the beloved piece of furniture. Can't you tear down a wall or something?

Give dem felines a scritch from me.
dlowan

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2017 11:58 pm
@Roberta,
I already have A Gentleman in Moscow, but I haven't started it.

Sounds like a must read.

Did the rest of your group like it?
Roberta

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2017 03:26 am
@dlowan,
I'm meeting with the group on Wednesday. I'll let you know.
dlowan

Reply Sat 28 Oct, 2017 08:05 pm
@Roberta,
I’m loving it...just begun it.

Love to hear what your group thought but no spoilers if possible.

Roberta

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2017 10:15 am
@dlowan,
Most members of the group didn't finish it. I'm considered a fast reader. We had the damned book for over a month. Everyone liked it, regardless of how far they'd gotten. I'll provide some comments when you're done.

I saw my pulmonologist last Thursday. Nothing new.
Roberta

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2017 11:53 pm
@Roberta,
After many years of kvetching and foiled plans, the stars were finally in alignment and I ordered new glasses yesterday. I look forward to the day (next week) when I can stop squinting. That's the good news.

I was supposed to get two pairs--one for distance and one for the computer. I ran out of money and got only one pair (distance). At some point in the not too distant future, I will probably mutter a bunch of dirty words about this. But right now, I'm too happy with the one new pair to kvetch.

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2017 06:00 am
Good to be able to see. Butrflynet sent me BBB's hearing aids, since they were still new and being unused. I didn't realize how much I had been missing, until I got these programmed and used them. How do you thank someone enough when they do something like that?
Ragman

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2017 06:31 am
@edgarblythe,
I'm happy for you all. That's areal mitzvah.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2017 06:46 am
@edgarblythe,
Stop shouting on the phone?
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2017 06:48 am
@izzythepush,
Hey, could you tone it down, please?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2017 10:29 am
@edgarblythe,
Sorry it was meant to be a joke. Stereotypically people who are hard of hearing tend to shout, but no longer need to once their hearing improved.

I wasn't implying anything, sorry if I upset you.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2017 10:37 am
@izzythepush,
In American, tone it down meant: Quit shouting. It was a joke also. Smile
izzythepush

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2017 10:40 am
@edgarblythe,
I'm very sorry, I'll try to be a bit less dopey next time.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2017 10:49 am
@izzythepush,
No biggie to me.
I understand now why the wife always turned down the TV volume too low to understand what was being said.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2017 11:20 am
@edgarblythe,
able2know is a great social media outlet where many people have become friends, and I'm talking about the world. How else would I have met people in Russia and all across the US? I do miss those get togethers.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 02:27 pm
@Roberta,
Pix!

How in hell you going to read on the computer? Can you read paper printing with your old ones?
Roberta

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 03:02 pm
@dlowan,
Hey bunny, I've been squinting at the computer for years. Squinting elsewhere as well. I have computer glasses. The prescription has changed. I opted for the distance glasses so that I could watch tv without squinting. Also read street signs.

My vision has changed. I can read print without glasses.

I may be getting some money in the next few days. Also, a dear friend offered to lend me some money. It won't be enough, but it will get me close.

What do you mean by pix? You want pictures of the new glasses. I don't have a camera. I'm seeing Mabel's mother this week. She has a camera. Maybe she can take a picture and print it out for me.

I tell ya. These bunnies can be very demanding.

Have I ever mentioned that I hate being poor? No? I hate being poor.
dlowan

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 05:37 pm
@Roberta,
Please get a pic taken!!!

Being poor is awful. I am approaching it with uncomfortable speed.

Being poor in your country has to be among the worst experiences in the western world.
Roberta

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 05:43 pm
@dlowan,
I'm sad to hear that you're becoming poor. Phooey.

I said in a video I did for my hospital (Bellevue) that being poor is bad; being poor and sick in the US is worse.

I'll try to get a picture. If not from Mabel's mother then maybe from my cousin Robin or my friend Sheila.
0 Replies