Surgery--Again

dlowan

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2017 04:57 pm
So....how's mit all the tests and such?
Roberta

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2017 05:33 pm
@dlowan,
Bupkis, bunny. I was supposed to be called by the test people to set up an appointment. No call. I gotta call them.

I've been so caught up in getting the damned job done, that I haven't done much of anything else. I'm up to page 990. I was mislead about the 900 pages.

I want this done and outta here. I also want the paycheck.
dlowan

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2017 01:16 am
@Roberta,
Here's to pay Checks!!!!!

That's a bloody bummer re the bupkis!!! How dare they?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2017 04:41 am
@Roberta,
News?
Roberta

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2017 06:04 am
@dlowan,
Still bupkis.

I'm trying to get some transportation issues resolved before I venture to Bellevue again. I'm not optimistic, but when am I ever?

And what's with you?
Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2017 11:08 am
@Roberta,
Roberta- Are you talking about an electromyogram (EMG)? If it is, I had one of those some time back. The anticipation was much worse than the reality.

Good luck with your testing. I am thinking about you, and sending you good wishes!!!
Roberta

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2017 06:34 pm
@Phoenix32890,
I think that's what I'm talking about.

Thanks for the encouragement. I don't mind tests, no matter how unpleasant, if they lead to a diagnosis.
dlowan

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2017 08:35 pm
@Roberta,
I have some leave, starting Tuesday. Dodi and I were planning to go to the Blue Mountains but she suddenly has to have all these tests. She has a benign parathyroid tumour, but it has to be removed because the parathyroid regulates calcium in the body and the results when it goes wrong are very serious. It's a highly successful operation but we aren't sure when she'll have it exactly nor what the recovery time is. They used to literally cut your throats to get in! I gather now that it's key hole surgery though.

She also is having tests for another issue that may also lead to surgery. She's having a test for that one tomorrow

I'm totally, utterly exhausted and stressed out by work. I have to go in on Monday because there is a case conference on that it has taken forever to organise, otherwise I'd be on leave now!!!

I'll need to arrange the delivery of all the stuff I have in storage next week....so more boxes and drama will ensue.

How's the editing going?
Roberta

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2017 10:15 pm
@dlowan,
Please send Dodi my good wishes. I'm sympathetic.

I'm also sympathetic to you. Overworked, stressed. Phooey on it all.

I finished the nightmare job. It came to a total of 1,111 pages. I'm waiting to be paid. I'm not gonna hold my breath because I'd turn blue and die before I got the money. Who the hell needs money when you're dead.

Hang in, bunny. I'm thinking about you.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 03:39 pm
You're coming this way? Really? Is Dodi OK???

Fantastic in the mountains this time of year. I was planning a day trip last Thursday, but apathy beat me!
dlowan

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2017 04:55 am
@margo,
Hopefully. Looks good for Dodi, but I'm not sure when she'll feel ok to travel. I don't want to go there when it's hot.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2017 10:46 pm
Earlier this evening I attended the group meeting at which I was asked to be on the panel.

There were five of us on the panel. I was the youngest. To my right was a 90-year-old minister who was blind and hard of hearing. I had to repeat all the questions for her. She has a good mind and gave cogent answers.

To my left was a 98-year-old woman, also hard of hearing. She's from England and served in the RAF during WWII. She has a daughter younger than me. She was very nervous before things got going. But she did well. She led an interesting life.

To her left was a woman who had been a freedom rider in the 1960s and 1970s. She is still active politically.

To her left was a man who left me befuddled. We were given questions ahead of time to ponder. He wrote down his answers and read them when it was his turn. But the answers weren't direct and didn't necessarily relate to the questions. Hey, nobody's poifect.

People can up afterwards to talk to the members of the panel. I was thanked for sharing my life with people and congratulated for still being alive. I was also told by the powers that be that I was wonderful, excellent, and very good.

I always enjoy stuff like that.

BTW: I kvetched about not having a dog in my life. I'm hoping that someone in the audience might have one. It's possible that someone might step forward. In addition, the executive director of the agency came up to me after the presentations were over and promised me that they would find me a dog.

I'm trying to be optimistic, but it's not in my nature.

Another BTW. I got my paycheck.

Roberta

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2017 03:38 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Correction:

To my left was a 98-year-old woman, also hard of hearing. She's from England and served in the RAF during WWII. She has a daughter younger than me. She was very nervous before things got going. But she did well. She led an interesting life.

She has a daughter older than me, not younger. Sorry.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2017 09:32 am
@Roberta,
You're alive, got a paycheque and kvetched.

Life is good!
Roberta

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2017 04:58 pm
@ehBeth,
bethie, The poifect summary. Thanks, kid.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2017 06:13 pm
thought of you when this arrived on my FB page

https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21766398_1678484512202964_4901228266293413928_n.png?oh=17a8c6605e986aa0790bf58432061e64&oe=5A50ED10
dlowan

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2017 05:29 am
@ehBeth,
Now that's a conversation worthy of the name!
0 Replies

Wifeonher40s

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 12:25 pm
I wish you the best
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 08:36 pm
Boida! How’s mit?

Any health news? Have you finished the beastly editing job and BEEN PAID?

Cometh the little dog?

I’m still doing the beastly unpacking and sorting....had a second big load of stuff come from storage. Not far from the end now.

Beginning to enjoy the community here....

Roberta

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 10:34 pm
@dlowan,
I'm eh, which is normal for me.

I had a follow-up mammogram; all is well.

I'm having some breathing difficulties (more than usual). I'll see the pulmonologist in a few days.

I finally scheduled the nerve test. They were supposed to call me. I'm glad I didn't hold my breath, such as is it.

I'm still having balance problems and leg problems.

I'm going to a Halloween party next week, held by the people who sponsor my book group. I'm supposed to wear something Halloweeny. We're going to have a book group meeting after the party. I'm sure that all the members of the group will be very disappointed. I liked the book. They prefer that I rant and rave about a stinko. Tough noogies, group. This was a terrific book--the best I've read in a long time. Maybe I'll carry on about how good it was.

I'm glad that the end is in sight for you unpacking-wise and settling-in-wise. Also glad that you're beginning to enjoy the community.