Surgery--Again

ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2017 04:11 pm
@Roberta,
Hang in!

Will there be any tapes or transcripts? I've no idea if I could capture any of that.

Go, Robbie!
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2017 04:49 pm
@Roberta,
Thrilled for you.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2017 09:08 pm
@dlowan,
deb, At this event there will be snacks and beverages. Also, I'll be transported there and back for free. Where is there? Dunno.

The book is a personnel management handbook. Each chapter is written by a different person, so it's hard to get into. Also, I'm having problems with uploading and downloading files. Someone from my social services agency is coming here tomorrow to help me.

There are two areas in which I consider myself an idiot--math and computers. I hope he talks slow and avoids technical language.

osso, I have no idea whether there will be tapes or transcripts. If there are, I'll let you know.

I sometimes wonder why I don't get nervous about these public things. I just don't.
dlowan

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2017 05:46 am
@Roberta,
Oh dear....personnel management. Not riveting, I imagine. Unless it is either deeply humane and effective or Machiavellian!

I hope the public event is great fun, filled with fascinating people and fabulous food. Live a little!

I'd love to be able to be a fly on the wall.

I wonder if you can become a regular on the circuit? You'd make a great health professional educator.

Hope the book pays well!

Seen the peke?

Roberta

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2017 03:13 pm
@dlowan,
deb, When I'm editing, I don't want riveting. It's too distracting. Dull, semi-engaging, or even incomprehensible are better to work on. My first job was with the American Institute of Astronautics and Aeronautics. I didn't understand a word, but a sentence is a sentence. I learned how to be an editor there.

The event--no meals, just snacks. I enjoy free in any form.

This has nothing to do with health. It has to do with the perspective and life experiences of old farts like me.

The job pays nothing like I used to earn. Maybe half, but money is still money. I'll do the work and take the dough.

I haven't seen the peke yet. It's over 100 degrees here. I ain't schlepping anywhere. But soon.

How you liking the new digs?

How's Viola? You often mention Sebastian. Not much about her highness, though.
dlowan

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 06:54 am
@Roberta,
I love new digs...even though I haven't finished unpacking.

Viola is doing well as far as we can tell. Last vet check her heart seemed to be doing well.

She creates far less drama than Sebastian, generally speaking, which is why there are fewer stories about her. She does grumble at and hit Sebastian more often than I'd like.

She's very content to be inside most of the time....likes a little wander from time to time.

She adores this place because it's designed to catch maximum winter sun so there's sun everywhere this time of year.

She's still super loving , very playful and bustles about in her own happy little way.

She has the most extraordinary vocabulary of trills and creaks and throaty sounds to express her love. She still licks my nose raw and does somersaults of love.
Roberta

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 05:16 pm
@dlowan,
Viola sounds ideal. Although I tend to prefer naughtiness, she sounds like a normal cat (whatever the hell that is). And the noises are intriguing.

Glad you happy in your new home. No hurry to unpack. You ain't going anywhere.

Now that it's not 100 degrees, maybe I'll try to see the peke.
Roberta

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2017 10:58 pm
@Roberta,
I'll be seeing Tilly the peke tomorrow (Wed.).
Roberta

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2017 04:00 pm
@Roberta,
Tilly is cute, beautiful, and very vocal. There's real promise here.

I also like the owner--a necessity.
ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2017 04:02 pm
@Roberta,
I'm so glad to read that, Robbie.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2017 08:35 am
@Roberta,
Yay! Happy pekeing!
Roberta

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 04:28 pm
@dlowan,
I saw my neurologist today. I have a very minor case of stenosis, which is too minor to be the cause of my problems. Do they know what's causing my symptoms? Nope.

Gotta go for more tests. This is a test I never had before. A whole new set of initials. EMsomething. They're gonna stick pins in me to check my nerve/muscle connection.

Feh and phooey on the whole thing.
ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 04:31 pm
@Roberta,
Oof!

Well, maybe something good will come out of it? Can you get them talking? you
must know nearly as much medicine as they do by now.
Roberta

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 11:02 pm
@ossobucotemp,
osso, This is a public hospital with thousands of patients. They talked to me today. After I get the tests, they'll talk to me again. There's no way for me to call.

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2017 12:13 am
@Roberta,
Stenosis of what?

By symptoms you mean the unsteadiness?

When is the pin sticking thing? It's a pretty common test.

How is the Peke going?

Feh and phooey indeed.

How's the editing going?

Viola had her heart check...her heart disease doesn't seem to be progressing for now.

I just bought them two new fancy schmancy scratching/lounging/play thingies. I live in hope I may find a scratchy thing they prefer to my carpets and sofas, little bastards.

How are you coping with Trump?
Roberta

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2017 08:25 am
@dlowan,
Spinal stenosis.

My symptoms are occasional pain in my neck/shoulder, a balance problem (no dizziness), and weakness in my legs.

You mean to tell me that of all the steenkin' tests I've had, I've never had a common test? I'm shocked. I don't have an appointment yet for the pin thing.

I'm up to page 625, and I just had to turn down another job because I can't stop doing the big one to do the little one.

Glad to hear the Viola's heart is behaving. You know that I know and I know that you know that you can buy fancy shmancy stuff for a cat until you're bankrupt. The cat will scratch the furniture and the carpet. Dream on, kid.

Trump who?

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2017 09:14 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Spinal stenosis.

My symptoms are occasional pain in my neck/shoulder, a balance problem (no dizziness), and weakness in my legs.

Me? I suffer from Whinal stenosis. My symptoms are being a pain in the tuchas.
Roberta

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2017 04:18 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsar, querido, When it comes to being a pain in the tuchas, you are a rank amateur. But I admire your stamina and determination.

However, I don't whine; I kvetch.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2017 02:39 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
EMsomething. They're gonna stick pins in me to check my nerve/muscle connection.

Ow! Sounds like an electromyogram. Not the most fun, you may be sore for a few days afterwards. (Um, yes, I've been there with an EMG).

Anyways, here's to them figuring out what's going on so you can get it fixed.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2017 04:09 pm
@Roberta,
It's a common test for possible nerve damage issues....not common like having your temperature taken.

0 Replies