Surgery--Again

Roberta

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2017 12:16 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis, What's the point of having a furry friend running around if I'm in the bathroom? Sometimes I person has to take comfort from pink liquids.

I was at Bellevue earlier today to see my cancer doc for a follow up. All is well in that area. I mentioned to him that I had missed seeing the neurologist and that I was anxious about the results of the MRIs. He looked on my record and gave me some info. My brain is fine--no stroke. Of course an MRI doesn't show that I'm getting stupider by the minute, but that's beside the point.

On the other hand, there is something wrong with my spine. When a person gets shorter, sometimes the spine bones (or whatever they're called) get squooshed together and can cause pain, irritation, tingling, etc. I have no idea whether this has anything to do with my balance. I checked out this condition on Google. From what I read, my condition is not too severe. When I see the neurologist, I'll find out what can be done.

I'm gonna see if I can move up the appointment. Dealing with such matters at Bellevue is no mean feat.
dlowan

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2017 12:41 am
@Roberta,
Good luck!!

Glad you successfully avoided the disturbing picture of Sebastian afield.
Roberta

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2017 03:46 am
@dlowan,
Tres disturbing.

I did some more googling about spinal stenosis--if, in fact, that's what I have. Yes, it can affect balance. And yes, it can cause weakness in the legs. Is the mystery solved? Maybe.

Now I have to find out what they're gonna do about it.
dlowan

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2017 10:05 pm
@Roberta,
Looks like exercise, physiotherapy, drugs and occasional surgery.

I'm sure you saw that though.

Roberta

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2017 11:24 pm
@dlowan,
I saw what you mention. I cannot have more surgery.

I'm already doing the exercise and physical therapy. I have to see what kind of drugs. I'm not keen on steroids, and I don't have much pain so I won't need pain killers.

All this depends on whether I understood what the cancer doc explained to me. I didn't get the name of the condition. I found it online by his description.

dlowan

Reply Sun 25 Jun, 2017 07:39 am
@Roberta,
Aha, You'd not want the surgery anyway....from what I can see at least two of them are increasingly seen as ineffective and dangerous.

Glad you aren't in much pain.

Is the Pomeranian still coming?

Did you see in that place we do not discuss that Sebastian and I went on a walk for one and a half hours today? We did spend some time sitting and chatting with neighbours, but it was a long walk for a little cat!
dlowan

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2017 06:17 am
@dlowan,
So. Again. How's mit?
Roberta

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2017 07:18 pm
@dlowan,
The same. I saw my psychiatrist this past week. I'm still doing my pt exercises--in the heat. I see a dermatologist this coming week. I'm having a follow-up mammo in a few weeks. And then I'll see the neurologist. I'm hanging in. Don't like the heat, but so what.

How's with you, bunny?
0 Replies

Arif4275412

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2017 11:35 pm
@Roberta,
best of luck
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2017 12:33 pm
Even though Mabel and her family have moved to Hackensack, New Jersey, all three are coming to visit me next week! I need Mabelization. I'm thrilled.

No news about the pom.
dlowan

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2017 04:00 pm
@Roberta,
Mabel with the big dogs?

Enjoying your psych visits?

Cold and rainy here. One of my pot plants was blown out of its pot and then the pot blew away!
Roberta

Reply Fri 7 Jul, 2017 04:12 pm
@dlowan,
No, Mabel with her mother and father (humans).

Yes, I always enjoy the psych visits.

Sorry to hear about the pots and plants. Nature does what nature does.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 02:10 pm
Correction: Not a pom. A peke. Very small. This is still in negotiation.
dlowan

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2017 11:03 pm
@Roberta,
There's a peke in negotiation?

Where are the people with the big dogs!!!
Roberta

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2017 04:40 am
@dlowan,
Dem pekes is picky. I gotta schlep there. The owner is housebound.

Where are the big dogs. I wish I knew. Actually, there are many in the street.
dlowan

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2017 05:51 am
@Roberta,
The owner is housebound? You have to schlep to see a therapy dog? You gonna take it out to relieve itself as well?

Oh well, good for your legs and breathing!

Pity you can't schlep over and see Sebastian. He's a great therapy animal if you don't mind a little hyperactivity and biting. Also, he needs to be walked when I'm at work.

Seriously, he's very therapeutic, as is Viola once she has decided she loves you. If you don't mind having your nose cleaned and cleaned and cleaned.

Hey, we are slowly getting your sun back up here. Been having some amazing golden days. Pix on Facebook.

Roberta

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2017 09:54 pm
@dlowan,
Debbele, The owner is older than me. And, yes, housebound. This is not a trained therapy dog. Nor were Heaven and Holly and Mabel. Fact is, trained therapy dogs are too goody-goody for my taste. A little bad behavior ain't such a terrible thing.

As for relieving. The dog can pee when and where it wants to. Not my business.

I'm sure I would find Sebastian a great companion. I like a little naughtiness. However, I'm gonna have enough trouble walking the two blocks to the peke. I can't travel halfway around the world for a woollie. Or even two woollies and a bunny.

BTW, I have some work. My first job in many months. I'm editing a 900-page professional book.
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2017 10:05 pm
@Roberta,
Jesus, I love you, go girl.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2017 03:52 pm
Another seminar is coming up. Similar to the one a few months ago, except this one is much bigger. The leader of the whole megilla specifically requested that I attend as a presenter. He said he found me compelling and unique. I like to hear nice things like this, but they often leave me mystified. Who me? I guess so. I'll keep you posted.

I've edited 120 pages. Only 780 to go.
dlowan

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2017 04:07 pm
@Roberta,
Yay!!!!!!!! They feed you and all, don't they?

What's the book?