Surgery--Again

dlowan

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 05:12 pm
@dlowan,
And now bupkis from you for how long? We wonder, we worry!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 06:07 pm
Smile
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 11:38 pm
I had two physical sessions this past week. I'm beginning to notice improvement in my mobility. Also a bit less pain. Still have a balance problem.

I found out that a younger cousin of mine died. Feeling down.
Sturgis

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 11:42 pm
@Roberta,
Good to read the therapy is helping, sorry to read of your loss, treasure the memories.

...and hopefully the balance thing gets rectified soon.
Roberta

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 11:53 pm
@Sturgis,
Thanks, kid. I have a feeling that I won't know about the balance thing until I have the results of the MRI. The physical therapy surprises me. I wasn't expecting results so fast. Now when I stand up, I grunt only once--and don't make any other noises.

Thanks for the sympathetic words.
dlowan

Reply Sun 21 May, 2017 08:36 am
@Roberta,
Sorry to hear about your cousin. Are they in your long thread about your life? The building one?

I am glad you are feeling some good effects from the therapy.

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 21 May, 2017 08:37 am
@Roberta,
Aha....your psych doesn't think the balance thing is a stroke? Does anyone have a theory about what the MRI might show?

Roberta

Reply Mon 22 May, 2017 04:23 pm
@dlowan,
The cousin who died was not mentioned in that thread. He was a second cousin, and I didn't get to know him well until we were in our teens. I'm close now with his younger sister. She and I have dinner fairly often.

No theories re the MRI. We'll know when we know.

dlowan

Reply Wed 31 May, 2017 03:56 am
@Roberta,
Any news?

Some pix of cats and new house on fb

Roberta

Reply Wed 31 May, 2017 11:24 pm
@dlowan,
I finished the course of treatment for the physical therapy. My mobility has improved, and the pain in my legs has decreased. However, my balance is still off, and my breathing limits how much moving around I can do. I'll continue the exercises at home. Improvement is improvement.

I had three MRIs yesterday. One on my neck/upper spine, one on my lower spine, and one on my brain. I was in that machine, immobile, for a long time. I'll know the results when I see the neurologist in a couple of weeks.

Deb, without a link, I can't find nuttin' on that site.

I see Mabel one more time. Then her humans are moving to Noo Joisey. Sigh. Her owner (Tori) will still visit me, but no canine. Phooey.
dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2017 04:06 pm
@Roberta,
Damn about Mabel.

Is there a new dog in the offing?
Roberta

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2017 10:14 am
@dlowan,
There's a pomeranian possibility. We'll see.

I managed to see some of your pics. I followed an old link.

Da woollies is gawgeous.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2017 11:13 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

There's a pomeranian possibility. We'll see.

A fluffy fluffy possibility! Very Happy
Roberta

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2017 09:20 pm
@tsarstepan,
From two pit bulls to one shi-tzu/havanese to one pomeranian (smaller and smaller). What's next? A pygmy chihuahua (a mouse that barks)?

If I had my druthers, it would be a large, energetic, mischievous, slightly naughty canine. But I came to love Mabel. I can love the pom.

I was at Bellevue today. I left the house at 1 and got home at 6:30. Thud. I had my eyes checked. Yes, I absolutely, definitely need new glasses (paying will be a challenge), but my eyes are otherwise fine. There appears to be no connection between my balance problem and my vision.

ehBeth

Reply Thu 8 Jun, 2017 09:38 pm
@Roberta,
Maybe the pom will be Mr. Bailey / Miss Cleo - sized pom. They were in the 25 - 30 lb range in their prime years. I know many have been bred down ... but maybe you'll get a more authentic one as a visitor.

I hope they're able to sort out the balance thing sooner rather than later.

<woof>

dunno if you'll be able to see these but just in case .... (part of yesterday's adventures with a small and a mid-size dog)

Bella, Agnes and Evelyn

and from a different album

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18893280_10154572438395770_2663054768796356530_n.jpg?oh=7aac575bbbdc735db79b43b3c32b289d&oe=59E071E0

two of the same characters
Roberta

Reply Fri 9 Jun, 2017 02:36 am
@ehBeth,
bethie, In the past few years I've seen only teeny weeny poms. 25 - 30 pounds sounds like 2 poms. They are true beauties--foxlike in a doggy sort of way.

I saw the photos. Wonderful. Thanks for the link.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2017 10:23 am
I was supposed to see the neurologist today to get the results of the MRIs. A very bad upset stomach forced me to stay home. I've rescheduled.
dlowan

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 03:31 pm
@Roberta,
Damn!!!!

Any Pomeranians in your life as yet, big or small????
Roberta

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 04:26 pm
@dlowan,
No poms. Just Pepto Bismol.

If I went to Facebook (which I never do), I would have likely seen a stunning picture of Sebastian taking a walk in the countryside.
Sturgis

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 11:30 pm
@Roberta,
I'm not an expert, but, I don't think a bottle of pink liquid can offer the same loving attention that a furry friend can.

Here's to the situation being remedied soon.