Surgery--Again

Roberta

Reply Mon 1 May, 2017 04:11 pm
I saw the pulmonologist today. Got the results of the CAT scan I had a few weeks ago. No change in the thingies in my lungs. No one knows what they are, but they remain the same. A good thing.

My doctor discussed with the head docs what should be done if the things change (become larger). I can't have surgery, hence no biopsy. It may be possible for the thingies to be radiated.
dlowan

Reply Mon 1 May, 2017 06:19 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

I'm using it, deb. Not good pain. Achy, ouchy pain.

Lung exercises? Ain't that called breathing?

There's good achy ouchy pain...meaning you are regaining function and bad pain. I know the difference in my body. Bad pain has a tooth ache property.

There are exercises meant to help people with poor lung function...not just breathing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 1 May, 2017 06:20 pm
@Roberta,
Well done thingies. But we are watching you!!!!
dlowan

Reply Mon 1 May, 2017 06:21 pm
@dlowan,
Meanwhile, I'm hoping to move on Friday. Heap of packing to do. Speaking of pain.

Roberta

Reply Mon 1 May, 2017 09:55 pm
@dlowan,
When I'm doing the exercises, it's a good pain (methinks). When I'm trying to stand or I'm lying in bed, stinko nasty pain.

If I end up doing breathing exercises, it will have to be when all this other crap is over.

You're moving on Friday!!! Oh, bunny. I wish I could be there to help you. Hang in. The end is in sight.

(I have been known to help people, but I'm usually kvetching the whole time. A mixed blessing.)
glitterbag

Reply Mon 1 May, 2017 11:21 pm
@dlowan,
I hope every thing runs smoothly on moving day. Can you take off any time from work to recover?
dlowan

Reply Tue 2 May, 2017 02:29 am
@glitterbag,
Thank you both! I am taking some time off. Then I,have to organise the stuff in storage to be delivered!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 2 May, 2017 02:30 am
@Roberta,
Sorry to hear it hurts. Hope you notice improvement in function soon.
dlowan

Reply Wed 3 May, 2017 01:45 am
@dlowan,
Just got house keys!

Handed over by builder on his way home from the site in the KFC car park across the road

Kind of like a drug deal

Cats having a fabulous time with all the boxes, but slightly worried

Probably scared it's another step downhill for them

Little do they know
Roberta

Reply Wed 3 May, 2017 04:46 am
@dlowan,
Congrats on the keys. Do cats worry about the future? Why am I asking you? Do they confide in you.

I saw Mabel last night. Tori, Mabel, and I sit on a brick tree enclosure outside my building and say hello to all the dogs that pass by. Many, many dogs. At dog walking time. My cup runneth over.

I'm excited about your move. Waiting to hear about the new digs.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 3 May, 2017 01:11 pm
I was back at Bellevue today. Saw the psychiatrist.

As Paul Simon said, "Still crazy after all these years."
Sturgis

Reply Wed 3 May, 2017 01:24 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
Still crazy after all these years.

Nothing wrong with that...and who's to say you are crazy or that I am? Maybe we're the sane ones.

...well, at least you, can't rightly vouch for myself.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 3 May, 2017 08:21 pm
@Roberta,
Oh good. You like the psychiatrist do you not?

Did they have anything interesting to say?

I love that song.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 3 May, 2017 11:30 pm
sturgis, I wasn't born yesterday. I know crazy when I see it. If "crazy" doesn't suit you, how about nuts, neurotic, goofy? Or as my dear old grandma used to say, "That goil is meshuga."

deb, Yes, I like the psychiatrist. He doesn't think I had a stroke. I told him that I was having a terrible time sleeping. No sleep aids for me. People with emphysema must eschew sleep aids. So I'm eschewing.

I keep thinking about you moving. Lots and lots of work. And ultimately a happy Sebastian. I guess you and Viola will be happy too, but Sebastian needs relief.
Roberta

Reply Tue 9 May, 2017 11:12 pm
@Roberta,
I saw my internist yesterday. Nothing new--I'm glad to say. She's leaving. At teaching hospitals, many doctors leave when their residencies are over. I really like this doctor. Gonna miss her. She's going to Boston for some kind of fellowship and then to Botswana!

She gave me her email address. She wants me to keep in touch. This makes me smile.

I was supposed to resume my physical therapy tomorrow, but owing to a series of circumstances too long and boring to go into, I ain't going. I'll go on Friday.

I saw Mabel today. Love that little dawg. She brings me inner peace.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 9 May, 2017 11:29 pm
@Roberta,
Dogs make me smile. A few months back I pulled up to a red light, then heard a deep dog bark. When I looked in that direction I saw this big German Shepard in the back of a K-9 unit....I smiled at the dog then caught the eye of the cop......we both smiled. I think that might be the first time I've seen a cop smile when on duty. It was nice.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 11:38 am
Just back from physical therapy. My breathing is a little labored. The aches and pains will show up tomorrow.
dlowan

Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 07:43 pm
@Roberta,
Seeing any positive effects?

Lovely to see you on Facebook!

There are lots of pics if you go to my page and keep scrolling down

There is a pic of you and Dodi at Pig Heaven
Roberta

Reply Sat 13 May, 2017 04:14 am
@dlowan,
No positive effects--yet.

I'd love to see the pics, including the one of me and Dodi. I have absolutely no idea how to get there. I tried. How about a link.

I'm stupid in two areas--numbers (math) and technology (especially computers).
dlowan

Reply Sat 13 May, 2017 06:26 pm
@Roberta,
I can't for some reason.

Go to FB

Go to one of my postings that you already commented on. Click on my avatar. It should take you to my FB page.

It will have some stuff about me and my recent postings. If you scroll down long enough you will see the postings from NYC.