Surgery--Again

Roberta

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 12:27 am
@dlowan,
Not a bad idea, kid. But remember, I'm the youngest one in this group. The crime would have to be something that didn't involve any kind of physical activity, hearing, seeing, or chewing. The nice one? I have to give that some thought.

OOH. I just got an idea. A lightbulb moment.

I may actually do this! Not the murder. I mean write the story.
dlowan

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 03:56 am
@Roberta,
Go for it!!!!

Roberta

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 04:21 am
@dlowan,
I thought of the victim and the motive. But there's a lot more to fill out.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 04:40 am
You can always spot the killer. The least obvious one of all. Smile
dlowan

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 01:42 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

You can always spot the killer. The least obvious one of all. Smile

So make it the third least obvious one of all!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 04:05 am
This may be more a how than a who. I gotta give this more thought. But I rarely get ideas for fiction. I'm also not great at writing fiction. But we'll see.
George

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 07:09 am
@Roberta,
Do it in small doses to start.

Post some mini-stories here.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 03:50 pm
@Roberta,
Subtly poisoned paper in one of the books?
ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 03:58 pm
@Roberta,
You wright re reality rather well.

You could do a compilation of sorts, and then develop comments. You know that, natch, so this is just a push.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 05:11 pm
@dlowan,
Quote:
Subtly poisoned paper in one of the books?

Or a dagger made of ice which'll melt away after it does its job, taking the fingerprints with it.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 06:44 pm
@Sturgis,
Or a leg of lamb, cooked up and served to the detective.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2017 04:17 pm
Back from Bellevue. I had my physical therapy evaluation today. Exhausted physically and breathingly. I had to take a cab home. Didn't have the money. Ended up overdrawing on my account. Now I gotta pay a steenkin' overdraft penalty.

I have 8 sessions scheduled--twice a week for a month. Lot's of schlepping. There will be primarily stretching exercises. Ouching already. I don't like to wait to the last minute.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2017 01:05 pm
@Roberta,
Egads!

They oughta have a ride or ride-share service for folks with multiple appointments and especially for those who are going for physical therapy.

Thoughts are with you (not that that'll make things easier).
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2017 11:55 pm
@Roberta,
Sorry re the cab.

I assume they are thinking that this will help with mobility? Any useful explanation given re the problems you have been experiencing?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2017 01:02 am
Sturgis, This is a public hospital. The care is good. The peripherals, not so much. I had access to some services like rides from the hospital. No more. When I lost Medicaid, I lost the services. I use Access-a-Ride. Showing up is a major issue.

deb, The physical therapy is to help strengthen my legs, which are weak and painful. It's also to help with my balance. The therapist also thinks that I may have had a ministroke.

I cringe at the whole thing. I don't like the schlepping. I don't like the uncertainty of the ride situation. I don't like still having other appointments plus the pt.

I'm snarly and cranky (nothing new). I guess I'm snarlier and crankier.
dlowan

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2017 10:15 pm
@Roberta,
I am assuming they have given you exercises to do at home? All that schlepping! I am so sorry!

The older you get, the more you schlep I think.

I had some blood and other tests a couple of years back. Trying to find time to get to these places drove me nuts!

Roberta

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2017 01:08 am
@dlowan,
Nothing to do at home but sit around and kvetch. I assume I'll be given some stuff to do at home once the actual therapy starts. The first time was just an evaluation.

I think that the older you get, kid, the more things that were previously no big deal become a schlep.

I have the time. I just don't have the energy--or money for cab fare when I need it.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2017 04:00 am
I had my first official physical therapy session. At the time it was tiring and a bit painful. Later I was sore, achieving the third (and second highest) level of oy.

I recovered just a bit. And I actually did some exercises at home today. I'm a glutton for punishment.

Again, I had to take a cab home.

I was supposed to see the ear doc on Friday, but I didn't have cab fare and didn't think I'd survive the bus trip and walk. (Insert the dirty word of your own choosing.)

Monday, I'm going to the pulmonologist. I'm hoping that by then I'll be able to take the bus.

dlowan

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2017 08:14 am
@Roberta,
Good re the exercises at home. Gotta use it or lose it!

Did it feel like good pain or bad pain?

Have you ever been given lung exercises? Not sure if that helps with COPD?
Roberta

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2017 11:28 pm
@dlowan,
I'm using it, deb. Not good pain. Achy, ouchy pain.

Lung exercises? Ain't that called breathing?