Surgery--Again

Roberta

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 01:29 am
@dlowan,
Finished lumping yesterday. Not an entirely satisfactory lump. I had to cook. In the past, I ordered in when I was lumping. C'est la vie.

The thrush seems to be a bit better. Not as painful and fiery. I'm hoping for continued improvement.

As my Grandma used to say, "Enough already."
dlowan

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2015 08:28 am
@Roberta,
Indeed! Did you cook enough to freeze and use for another lump day?

A goil needs her lump days.

Hope that thrush is taking a beating.

I remember the days when the only thrush I knew about sang in the trees or lurked in horses' hooves. Indeed, in days when all I wanted was to be seen as cool and mature I was the person who asked, when a female housemate of a man I was trying to impress entered the living room to announce dramatically: "I am afflicted with thrush!", " Really?! Where!??"

"In my pussy" she responded, stunned.

That was because I only knew of the horses' hooves one....didn't know humans could get it, because we don't have hooves.
dlowan

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2015 03:41 pm
@dlowan,
So. Any progress?
Roberta

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2015 12:08 am
@dlowan,
The thrush seems to be fading away, but the asthma is making me noivous.

I spent a year paying off my rent arrears. It was a good day when I was caught up. The recent spending--cabs, meds, more meds, and food--have put me in rent arrears again. I'm devastated and noivous.

I wonder if there will ever be a day when I don't have something to worry about. Sigh.
dlowan

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2015 03:16 am
@Roberta,
How would you be with nothing to worry about?

Me, I think I might stop breathing.

This is a blast from the past for you:

http://able2know.org/topic/125022-1
Roberta

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2015 02:38 pm
@dlowan,
Thanks for the smile, bunny.
dlowan

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2015 05:32 am
@Roberta,
Hey!!!!! How's mit?
Roberta

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2015 11:21 pm
@dlowan,
Saw the pulmonologist on Thursday. Will I get better? She doesn't know. Maybe yes, maybe no. Is this the new normal? Maybe yes, maybe no. I've been scheduled for a CAT scan in early October. Will it provide any answers? Who the hell knows. Will it provide info on what was in my lungs? Maybe.

My social services agency had a picnic in Central Park yesterday. I can't remember the last time I was in a park, surrounded by trees and greenery and boids. Loved it. And purloined enough free food for dinner.
Below viewing threshold (view)
dlowan

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2015 07:53 am
@Roberta,
The pulmonologist spoke of the asthma? Or your copd?

I do hope it gets better.

So glad you enjoyed the picnic! Oh my, we could have taken you for a picnic in the park. Glad you have enough for dinner. Was it good food?
Roberta

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2015 03:02 pm
@dlowan,
My pulmonologist spoke of my condition, so I assume she was referring to COPD.

I had no idea I wanted to go to the park until I was there. The food was better than expected. I had a smoked salmon sandwich with thinly sliced cucumbers. Some chips and a very good brownie.
dlowan

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2015 03:30 pm
@Roberta,
I love those little sandwiches with cucumber and stuff! High tea sandwiches.
dlowan

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 04:01 am
@dlowan,
So...how's mit already?

I'm exhausted. Too much driving!
Roberta

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 11:42 am
@dlowan,
Still poor, but breathing a bit better. I'm scheduled to see the medical oncologist on Wed. Today I'm going to my book group. We read a highly touted, well-reviewed book of stories. I didn't like it. I snarl. A friend of mine (not in the group) loved it. I still snarl.

Rest, bunny, rest.
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 01:17 pm
@Roberta,
Posted some photos of what I've been doing this summer for you to browse through at your leisure.

Wish you were feeling better.

http://able2know.org/topic/295873-1
Roberta

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 11:28 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrfly, Thanks for the links and the pics. Its does my heart good to see you enjoying yourself.

The dogs were supposed to visit me today. I haven't seen them in several months. I was excited. I got a call from Joanie. Sometimes living in a vertical city is a pain in the ass. Joanie lives in an apartment complex composed of several buildings each of which is 38 stories high. Joan and the dogs live on the 19th floor. No elevators. There are many elevators in the complex. Not one was working today. Not one. And it's a weekend, so repairs may take a while. Joanie waited and waited. No luck. No elevator. No visit. No dogs. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Maybe manana.

There's no need for you to insert dirty words of your own choosing. I used them all up.
dlowan

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2015 02:04 am
@Roberta,
Damn!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2015 02:06 am
@Roberta,
dlowan

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2015 02:13 am
@dlowan,
0 Replies