Surgery--Again

ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 04:52 pm
@Roberta,
Geez louise.
Hugs.
Hoping you can have a non general anaesthetic lumpectomy. Not that you want one exactly.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 05:24 pm
All I know to say is, I hope for the best possible outcome.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 08:03 pm
@Roberta,
Oh Boidie, I wish you the best. Fingers crossed for Monday.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 08:47 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:
I found out today that I have breast cancer.

Oh crap. Stop it with the getting cancer already, will ya? It's getting old. Glad you're in the hands of a good internist. Good luck with the examination and the therapy!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 10:17 pm
@Roberta,
I wish I could be there to hug you. I will have to make do with letting your dog friends give you an extra kiss for me.

Good on your doctor for making sure you get an immediate appointment to get the medical wheels rolling sooner than later.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 10:49 pm
@Roberta,
Sorry to read the news. Hoping for the best possible outcome. Glad that you got the results so quickly and that they'll get going with the treatment soon. Hoping that the treatments are tolerated well.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 12:59 am
@Noddy24,
seven and a half years ago Noddy said

Noddy24 wrote:

You've had hugs. Let me help you howl.

Awhooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I'm definitely getting that feeling now. Either howling or just saying something really rude.
dlowan

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 09:44 am
@ehBeth,
Of bloody damn. Hoping for best stage re type and grade.

Sending many hugs your way.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 17 May, 2015 03:24 pm
Oh, crap!!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 17 May, 2015 03:34 pm
Roberta, love.
I know monday is coming fast.

In the meantime, I posted for my own reasons a YTthing on the beautiful animals thread that I don't expect to buoy you up exactly, but maybe slightly. It's the last thing there right now.

http://able2know.org/topic/89445-933#post-5955188
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 17 May, 2015 04:24 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
I found out today that I have breast cancer.

Oh, no! Damn that cancer. Mad

I am glad they were able to get you a fast appointment with the doctor you need to see and I hope that they will have some encouraging news for you regarding treatment.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 11:49 am
Back from Bellevue. I will definitely have surgery. What's uncertain is whether it will be a lumpectomy followed by radiation or a mastectomy with no radiation. There are questions that need to be answered about my inability to have general anesthesia and my previous radiation treatments to my throat. Depending on the area that was covered by the throat radiation, it may not be possible for me to have radiation in that region again. My doctor is checking the old records, and I'll be meeting with a radiation oncologist either later this week or early next week.

I saw two doctors today. The cancer doc and the surgeon. They both independently of each other said that I'm like a cat. Nine lives. They were both appalled at the amount of bruising that resulted from the biopsy. No more appalled than I am.

Would it come as a surprise to anyone if I say I'm tired.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 12:26 pm
@Roberta,
You get to be tired.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 12:45 pm
@Roberta,
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ ((hugs))
http://i59.tinypic.com/pn8jn.png
http://thedoghousediaries.com/6005
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 01:02 pm
@Roberta,
Mikey would be proud of you, Robbie.

I think I'm understanding the decision making going on. Glad you have these sane docs that appreciate you.
jespah

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 01:27 pm
@Roberta,
Many hugs. We love you.
0 Replies

adventure

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 01:46 pm
@ossobuco,
Message for Roberta: Sane docs make all the difference! If you have sane docs, I'll bet it's because you demanded to have them. You've let them know your needs and they are listening. ...a good sign. It also helps if you can take an advocate-friend with you for appointments, just for extra eyes and ears (and then everything the docs say is witnessed by two.) I've recently fired my non-thorough, unprepared, and glib cardiologist and found a much better one. Best of luck for all good outcome, Boidy. Jeanne

Eva

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 01:48 pm
@Roberta,
I'm glad to hear you got in to see the doctors so quickly! I've been following this thread, and I'll be anxious to hear the answers about the anesthesia and radiation.

Of course you are tired!!! Hope you're lying down, eating Oreos while reading this.

(((((HUGS)))))

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 01:56 pm
@adventure,
I thought it was you!
Like your profile, natch.

0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 02:55 pm
@Roberta,
I had lots of bruising from my biopsy too, but my outcome was negative.
Sending you good vibes and hopefully you'll get that taken care of soon.

My quack opinion would be - mastectomy and no radiation. It cures one thing and destroys something else....

Hang in there, Roberta! We're all rooting for you!