Surgery--Again

roger

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 11:52 pm
@Roberta,
If you've got windows and IE Explorer, there's a little picture of a gear, way up in the top right of the screen. Click it any you will find an option to Zoom. Click on that and there will be an option to resize text (and everything else. It's an awkward way to navigate, for the most part, but good for occasional fine print.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2014 11:53 pm
I tried a bunch of times. Finally got it. I'm wearing my new jeans and shirt (which is much greener than it appears in the photo). Heaven is snuggling. This picture was taken last week.

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz72/Riman18/Heavenandme-1.jpg[/URL][/img]

dlowan

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 12:48 am
@Roberta,
Awwwwwwwwww.....such a look on both your faces!!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 08:01 am
@Roberta,
Now there's wonderful.. thank you for persisting in trying to post the photo.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 08:59 am
Thanks. I love the pic.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 09:54 am
@Roberta,
Pair of beauties Very Happy
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 02:43 pm
@Roberta,
That's a very lovely picture, of two happy friends. Smile

Thanks for sharing it, Roberta.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 02:57 pm
@Roberta,
Jeez, we still look alike.. re chins and glasses and, now, gray.
My eyes are weirder.

Seriously, major photo.

Now then, does Joan have an opinion on pit bulls? Not that that is our business.
I speak as someone who lived next to a very tattooed man (art director) and girlfriend who had a pit bull missing a leg. Scratch forehead time.

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 03:32 pm
@ossobuco,
So adorable, can see the love, beautiful photo Roberta.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 03:41 pm
@Roberta,
Very Happy
wonderful!
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 06:11 am
@Roberta,
I am not a friendly person and practically nothing removes my feelings or sympathy.

However, when watching the peaceful scenario of you recovering from surgery, and looking at you enjoying the company of your dog, I don't know how but you have made my day.

Thanks.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 06:42 am
@Roberta,
Dammit, somebody let onion-cutting ninjas into my house.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 10:40 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Now then, does Joan have an opinion on pit bulls? Not that that is our business.

osso, Joan most definitely has an opinion on pit bulls. So do I. She does everything she can to let people know that their bad reputation is unwarranted. I agree. IMO, most dogs with behavior problems have owners who don't know how to deal with dogs.

Joan and I agree that pit bulls are not for first-time dog owners. They need owners who know what they're doing. I would be a terrible owner. Not only am I not physically strong enough, but I'm far too permissive. Mischief amuses me. That applies to cats too.

semiotterly says hi back.

I have an appointment for the PET scan for this Thursday.
vonny

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 02:00 pm
@Roberta,
Heaven is beautiful. A super photograph, so much love there - thank you for sharing.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 02:09 pm
@Roberta,
Thursday, check!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 04:22 pm
I got a call yesterday confirming my appointment today at the PET scan place. Huh? I don't got no steenkin' appointment.

I called first thing this morning. (I stayed awake.) They can't make me an appointment without an order from a doctor. Huh? How did you make me the other steenkin' appointment? With an order from a doctor.

She's gonna get back to me. I told her I can't go until Thursday. She calls me back in about ten minutes with a Thursday appointment.

Two hours later I get a call from Bellevue asking me if I want an appointment for a PET scan on Thursday. Huh? I have an appointment for a PET scan on Thursday.

Insert dirty words.

When I saw the docs on Wed., they told me that if I didn't hear from them by Thursday, I should call them. Glutton for punishment that I am, I called today. I reached a living, breathing human. Why am I calling? Cuz the doc told me to call. They'll get back to me.

I got a call a few hours later. Why did I call. Cuz the docs etc. She didn't see anything in my file about calling me. She'll get somebody to call me tomorrow. I said not to call me in the morning. What's a good time? After one. Someone will call me tomorrow. I was skeptical. She assured me. Now I gotta set the steenkin' alarm clock.

Is this any way to treat a sick person? Hell, is this any way to treat a healthy person? Is this any way to treat a living entity? Well, maybe a plant. Flora ain't big on phones.

And the Kvetch Queen lives!!!

George

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 05:53 am
@Roberta,
Maybe this is how medicine really works.

They bounce you back and forth without ever really doing anything,
hoping you heal on your own.

Then they bill you.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 07:46 am
@Roberta,
FWIW, I was scheduled and had 2 PET scans (at the VA hospital) so far in my journey back to health over these last 12 months. For the next one (11/14), I'm sending my pet, JellyBean, miniature French Poodle.

The difficult (torturous) thing for me was lying still for 25-30 mins on this unpadded board. My back cramps up sitting still under good circumstances...lying still like that requires me to do meditate in order to keep from screaming. The good thing is the results have been very good. It takes the Onco doc about 5 days to get results.

Whereas the bone marrow biopsy test (ugh and ouch), they send the sample off to one of the few labs in the country over on the left coast in Cal. Takes them about 10 days to give those results.

I'm hoping the best news possible for your health results.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 01:28 pm
@Roberta,
Like the shirt! It has my favorite blue and green colors. I like that tab style of sleeve too.

Don't know why, but the first thing I thought of when seeing the dog, was she reminds me of the dog from Spanky's Gang. Must be the similar markings. I wonder if it was an early version of today's pit bull. We have a mixture of pitbull families come to the dog park. Some are big babies and just live to give love and get love, as Heaven seems to. Others have to have their own way in their own time and have tantrums when they don't. Just like humans.

http://1000words1000days.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Wally-Spanky.jpg
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2014 02:39 pm
@Roberta,
So...after all that...you have a steenking appointment for a PET scan on Thursday?
0 Replies