141

Surgery--Again

Barry The Mod

5  
Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 12:06 pm
@Roberta,
Hey New York,sorry to hear your news.You are in all of our thoughts.Just let the Docs prod and poke you all they want.I'm sure they know what they're doing.
Anyway,i'm not too good myself.Seems that my poor old heart has been broken one too many times and didn't wanna fix itself.Needed heart specialists,a short stay in hospital where they slowed it right down to a near stop then shocking it back to "normal" sinus rhythm.Gotta take pills every day and get a hospital check every week.I don't think either of us is gonna run the Marathon again Wink .
Love and hugs from me and The Fredster in London (( you ))
husker

2  
Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 12:49 pm
@Roberta,
Keeping you in thoughts n prayers.

ossobuco

2  
Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 01:30 pm
Robbie, gadzooks and little fishes. It is my firm hope that they come up with a good solution. Where is Atul Gawande when you need him? (he's my favorite med writer).

Tsar, I've a similar photo, will have to dig it up. It's of my friend Richard's corgi mix duo. Richard has been through much, aids in the eighties.. wise person in many ways.

Diego and Lola worry:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/ossobuco/Diego--Lola-6-18-2005-2.jpg

vonny

4  
Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 01:35 pm
@Roberta,
Thinking of you.

http://moderndogmagazine.com/sites/default/files/styles/slidehsow-banner/public/images/articles/top_images/PitBull-hd.jpg?itok=U0Kk3wkD

Sturgis

3  
Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 01:37 pm
@Roberta,
Well that was discouraging news you received, however, there clearly is still hope. Just grab hold of the strength you get from those there dawgs and remember you have all of us here with you too.

dlowan

1  
Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 04:55 pm
@Barry The Mod,
Do you know when the PET scan is?
Roberta

7  
Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 05:25 pm
Thanks for all the good wishes and dawg photos. You guys help and have always helped. Long before the dawgs, you got me through some mighty rough times.

Husker, Que pasa, kid. Good to see you.

Deb, I don't know when the PET scan is. I'm supposed to get a call. One of the docs gave me the number. If I don't get a cal, I'll make a call.

My social worker left a little while ago. I'm staring at the cell phone. It will take me a while to get the hang of it.

This reminds me of a light bulb moment I had a few days ago. (Not a blinding light that weakened my knees, but a light in my head nevertheless.)

In the past I rarely had to figure things out. I would instantly know what the solution was, how to do something, what the answer was. Recently I've become panicky when I'm confronted with a problem and I don't know what to do. Panicky bordering on hysterical. HELP! I would ponder, muse, and stew. I would come up with the answer, solution, right thing to do. No longer instant. I have to remind myself not to panic. Time and pondering will help.

For a person with no patience, this is a helluva slow way for my brain to operate. As a matter of fact, I think I have no patience because I always knew stuff or had the answers before most other people. Come on! What's taking you so long?

Sorry to be rambling. I love dem light bulb moments, and I wanted to share this one.

(BTW, I'm serious when I say that a light goes on in my head. Honest.)
ossobuco

2  
Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 05:25 pm
@Barry The Mod,
Barry, I'm sorry about your stuff going on. And, that was in the middle of your taking Stacey the red baron around your environs. Oy vey.

ossobuco

1  
Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 05:33 pm
@Roberta,
Glad about the phone. Is it one of the smart ones? They scare me, not to put that on you. (I remember my first iMac, that I got through some newspaper ad for not much money - I was plotzed that if I would touch the wrong key, I'd break it. That is probably the wrong adjective usage for plotz.)
I have an old dumb cell phone. Tap on wood.

1  
Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 05:59 pm
@dlowan,
Something like a cat scan or lab report, I would assume.

Butrflynet

1  
Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 07:35 pm
@Roberta,
I suspect some of the brain fuzziness may be from the medications you are taking. When BBB is in a lot of pain and taking hydrocodone like candy, her dementia symptoms worsen a great deal. When she is pain free and off the hydrocodone, it improves a great deal. She had similar effects with her blood pressure meds. Her doctor cut the dosage in half and it helped.

margo

2  
Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 09:03 pm
OH! Pooo!

Sending you energising and heart-lifting thoughts.

dlowan

4  
Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 12:50 am
@Roberta,
you have a cell phone?

These problems don't have a solution...that's partly, at least, why you can't come up with them.

They have medical options that may or may not be s0lutions.

I don't think the human condition has a solution. I wish it did.

JPB

3  
Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 03:55 am
@Roberta,
Sorry to hear you're going through all this, Roberta. I think Deb nailed it re solutions for the human condition. Keeping you close and praying the options you get are workable and doable.

Roberta

4  
Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 11:45 am
Bob (dys) and I used to talk about how our intelligence was changing and diminishing. He said that I was the only person who understood what he was talking about. I said that he was the only one who understood what I was talking about. Sigh.

butrfly, My thinking is not fuzzy. I'm not taking pain killers. My thinking is slower and different.

bunny, I'm not trying to come up with answers to things that don't have answers. I'm talking about practical things. Things that were once obvious that now require a bit of thought. And yes, I now have a cell phone--to be used exclusively for Access-a-Ride stuff. It doesn't come with instructions. Even though my social worker gave me a lesson in using it, I'm gonna see if I can find written instructions on line.

Barry, Sorry you're not well. Hang in with the heart business. I'm rooting for you, kid.
firefly

2  
Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 02:40 pm
@Roberta,
Oh, Roberta, I'm so sorry you still have so much uncertainty, on top of everything else. It's one thing when doctors tell you, "You have X and this is what we'll do to treat it," and quite another when you're left hanging in limbo about it, where you know what you have ain't good, but they're not sure how to treat it yet.

Your friend Sue means well, but she knows you won't stop thinking about it. Trying not to obsess about it seems more reasonable, but uncertainty does make that very difficult, and panic more likely.

If any of us can help you, in any way, please let us know. We're all here for you.

Enjoy your time with Heaven today. One of the wonderful things about dogs is that they are fully present in the moment and, experience that, and are able to enjoy that, without worrying ahead, and I wish we could all do that.

3  
Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 02:57 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

It doesn't come with instructions. Even though my social worker gave me a lesson in using it, I'm gonna see if I can find written instructions on line.

Not to worry. If it came with instructions, they would be written for those who already knew how to use the gosh darn things.

ossobuco

2  
Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 03:46 pm
@firefly,
"One of the wonderful things about dogs is that they are fully present in the moment"

So true, so true.

ossobuco

1  
Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 03:57 pm
As an aside, give my regards to Sue/semiotterly - have always liked her, woman of wit and much else good.

dlowan

2  
Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2014 04:50 pm
@Roberta,
Well, new technology is hard. What kind is it? What you having trouble with? Maybe we can help?

Hey.....it must be Friday over there....them dawgs coming?

the first time I ever used a mobile phone was when I was given it because I was on call every night that week for our rape and sexual assault service. Nobody thought to tell me how to use it.

It was Friday night at 5.45 and I had a client. The automatic building alarm was due to come on at six.

The damn thing rang and I didn't know how to answer it....but I knew it would have very grumpy detectives on the end of it who would have no sympathy if I kept them waiting.

I did everything possible with the damn phone and finally I did something that made the call accessible to me, but I had no idea what.

Then I had to tell them I'd have to call back as I had to get the client and me out of the building before the alarm went off and I was knee deep in uniformed police!

Got out to the car to make the call...and realised I STILL had no idea how to make the phone work. Not a happiest moment.