Yes, deb. It's Wed. and I'm back from Bellevue.
The latest PET scan revealed that the thing is there, but it's not larger. Also, it's less active.
So what now. As I had guessed a while back, it's a wait and see situation. They can't proceed without knowing what it is (kind of cancer, if it is cancer), and they can't know what it is without getting in there, which they can't do--now.
If it stays the same, there will be nothing they can do. If it gets smaller or goes away, good riddance. If it gets larger or changes its shape, they'll be able to do a biopsy.
I mentioned to the doc that the radiologist suggested it might be some kinda infection. He consulted with the higher up doc, and they decided to give me an antibiotic. Can't hoit.
I'm feeling frustrated, but at least I can make plans since I know that nothing will be happening for a few months. I can resume work on my teeth and take care of other medical stuff I put on hold.
I'm debating with myself. Do I say something or don't I? I do.
Please don't offer me medical advice or make negative remarks about the care I'm getting. I believe it's good care. And frankly it's all I've got. I don't want to be any more upset than I already am.
You guys are da best, and I know you have my best interests at heart. Now I wait for Friday and the dogs.