Surgery--Again

Roberta

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 12:24 am
butrfly, Yes, Petey from the Our Gang comedies was a pit bull. In the late 1800s in England, pit bulls were called nanny dogs. Why? Because they're so good with children.

Ragman, Thanks for the PET scan info. Please bear in mind that I've been scanned up the wazoo. PET, CAT, MRI, etc. I know what's coming.

To my surprise and amazement, I got a call from Bellevue today. Someone with a bit of info. Not a lot but enough to calm me down a bit.

1. Get the PET scan. Scheduled.
2. Go see the pulmonologist. Have an appointment for next Wed.
3. The pulmonologist will schedule an appointment for me with a medical oncologist. The other cancer doc I was seeing is a surgeon. She's out of the picture.

At least now I know what I'm supposed to do. Hey, medical oncologists! Get the steekin' thing outta me.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2014 10:02 pm
I had the PET scan today. Everything went smoothly. Used my cell phone. I'm very proud of myself. I'm not good with new technology.

Looking forward to the dogs tomorrow. The only way I'll be able to spend time with Holly is if Joan holds Heaven back. It's nice to be fought over.

vonny

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 03:16 am
@Roberta,
Glad everything went smoothly and PET scan done - fingers crossed for everything to go well now.

Great that you've mastered the cell phone - not easy!

As for the forthcoming visit from Holly and Heaven - lucky you! Hope you have plenty of tissues ready!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 04:05 am
@Roberta,
Yay dogs! When do you get results?
Roberta

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 08:04 am
@dlowan,
deb, I asume I'll get the results when I see the pulmonologist on Wed.

dlowan

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 03:57 pm
@Roberta,
Crikey....it all just creeps along doesn't it?

Don't these people know you have cancer?

How you coping with all this delay?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2014 05:46 pm
@Roberta,
Lovely to see you and your little slice of Heaven!
dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2014 02:16 am
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

Lovely to see you and your little slice of Heaven!

She lives!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2014 01:13 pm
@Roberta,
****, Boidy, you are an amazingly strong woman, but all this stuff happening is too much even for Wonder Woman.

Have you read The Art of Racing in the Rain? It is one of the loveliest books I've ever read. I just borrowed it from Osso for a book group I've joined. It is beautifully written, in the dog's voice. His name is Enzo, for the race car driver. It is full of love and tragedy and humor, as is life.

If you've never read it, I'll send you a copy.

Love you.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2014 01:07 pm
Double thud! First soz. To paraphrase one of the romantic poets--Wordsworth, I think--My heart leaps up when I behold sozobe on my thread. How you doin', kid?

Then Diane. No poetry lines come to mind. Just damned glad to hear from you. And thanks mucho for the book.

Such good kids.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2014 04:24 pm
I've had this picture for a while. I was reluctant to post it because my neck makes me look like a toikey. Now I say phooey. Holly is entitled to some attention.

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz72/Riman18/Hollyandme.jpg
ossobuco

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2014 04:39 pm
@Roberta,
Please, that is so beautiful.

Most really good people have chin droop: that should be a website, and in some minutes, probably will be.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2014 04:55 pm
@Roberta,
I love that you and Holly have matching top and scarf. Sweet portrait.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 04:32 am
@Roberta,
Another super picture with another lovely dog. Thank you so much for sharing.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 09:36 pm
@Roberta,
Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!
firefly

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 09:45 pm
@Roberta,
Lovely photo! Smile I'm glad you decided to post it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2014 05:39 am
@dlowan,
So....now waiting for news from medical appointment....I'm guessing it is Wednesday there by now?
Roberta

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2014 01:36 pm
@dlowan,
Yes, deb. It's Wed. and I'm back from Bellevue.

The latest PET scan revealed that the thing is there, but it's not larger. Also, it's less active.

So what now. As I had guessed a while back, it's a wait and see situation. They can't proceed without knowing what it is (kind of cancer, if it is cancer), and they can't know what it is without getting in there, which they can't do--now.

If it stays the same, there will be nothing they can do. If it gets smaller or goes away, good riddance. If it gets larger or changes its shape, they'll be able to do a biopsy.

I mentioned to the doc that the radiologist suggested it might be some kinda infection. He consulted with the higher up doc, and they decided to give me an antibiotic. Can't hoit.

I'm feeling frustrated, but at least I can make plans since I know that nothing will be happening for a few months. I can resume work on my teeth and take care of other medical stuff I put on hold.

I'm debating with myself. Do I say something or don't I? I do.

Please don't offer me medical advice or make negative remarks about the care I'm getting. I believe it's good care. And frankly it's all I've got. I don't want to be any more upset than I already am.

You guys are da best, and I know you have my best interests at heart. Now I wait for Friday and the dogs.
Sturgis

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2014 02:08 pm
@Roberta,
I'll join in on the good news part that the thing hasn't increased in size, may be treatable with antibiotic and that you can get on with the teeth and other things now, and even more it means more enjoyable visits with the dogs!

Thoughts are with you.
dlowan

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2014 02:13 pm
@Roberta,
Behave Thing! Good news that you can get moving with the teeth etc.

How often they going to do Thing monitoring?
0 Replies