Surgery--Again

dlowan

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 11:53 pm
@Roberta,
More power to the improvement. How much do you think things can improve out of 10?

Moi? It's Friday afternoon. This is good. I didn't get enough paperwork done, but I got some done. That is eh. It's very hot. But one has airconditioning. I need to make my exercise more of an iron clad habit. Politics both state and federal is so depressing I can' bear to look. This is affecting me a lot...which is dumb because I am doing everything I can to fight bad stuff, and what good does fretting do?

Glad you asked?

I have a lot of curtain hemming to do on the weekend. I suspect it will be more like curtain tacking. What they can't see won't hurt me.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2014 01:19 am
Eventually, if all goes as it should, improvement could be to 8 or even 9. Sigh. I should live so long.

Bunny, I never pictured you as a masochist. I always pictured my deb as a big stwong goil--and sane. Why are you bothering with curtains with two felines in the house. So we can listen to you conplain about how they're wrecking your curtains? So you can kvetch about Sebastian climbing the drapes? So you can carry on about Viola pulling down the window covers. You're a meshugina--but lovable.

As for the other posts, mostly "huhs." Especially to the beer commercial ear worm.
dlowan

Reply Wed 5 Feb, 2014 06:29 pm
@Roberta,
They actually haven't thought of destroying curtains.Thank you for putting it into the ether. Not.

8 or a 9???!!!!! My wisher is on full boil!
Roberta

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 02:04 pm
@dlowan,
Back from Bellevue. I went for an MRI of my brain. No record of my appointment. Returned home un-MRIed. (Insert dirty words of your own choosing.)

Deb, If I live long enough to see things actually happen, yes, an 8 or a 9.

I'm very disappointed in the woollies. Maybe they need a little time to assess the situation.

Fed up.

vonny

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 02:11 pm
@Roberta,
Poor you! When that happens it always makes me feel incredibly deflated - like a punch in the solar plexus.

Hope things get better for you soon.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 05:11 pm
@Roberta,
So, were they on the ball enough to give you another appointment or to see if it was already scheduled for a different day?

With you making the extraordinary effort to trudge there through the snow and stormy weather, I pity the fools if they did not do that. It is certainly a kvetch-worthy event.
Roberta

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 01:22 am
@Butrflynet,
Gimme a break, Butrflynet. This is me we're talking about. I have one appointment scheduled for every remaining week in February, so I wanted an appointment in March. Not schlepping down there twice in one week. Those days are over. I couldn't move it to March because the doctor ordered the MRI in November, and his order would expire in March. I delicately brought up that it costs me $50 for a round trip. We agreed that I could come next week after my appointment with the asthma doc--any time after eleven. Very accommodating. I made them laugh. Now they'll remember me.

While I'm still in kvetch mode (when am I not?), my watch band broke. Had to wear a tiny delicate gold watch. What's the kvetch? The damned thing is so small that I can't see what time it is without pushing up my distance glasses and sticking my eye very close to the watch face. No casual glances. I tried safety pins to keep my pants from falling down. Not a thoroughly effective tactic.

There is some kinda construction going on under my window. Drilling all day. When the work is done for the day, the workers put a gigantic metal slab over the drill hole. Every time a car drives over the slab it makes a thumping clackety noise. Grounds for justifiable homicide. But who am I gonna kill?

dlowan

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 06:42 am
@Roberta,
Boida, is there any kind of time frame on this possible improvement? Need to keep my good viber on the boil!

Don't be disappointed in the woollies.

Latest antics:

Somehow broke into my fish oil capsules and scattered them all over the house.

Suspect....both.

Broke a favourite teapot.

Sebastian.

Ignoring multiple scratching posts and attacking new sofa and lovely second hand chair.

Both.

Landing on what I swear were my ovaries after a four foot leap in the air after Da Bird, which we were playing with while I lay in bed. Ouch.

Sebastian.

Attacking my ankle when I used my foot to stop him tormenting Viola. I have scars.

Sebastian.

Trying to wake me up when they KNOW the morning rules.

Both.

I can go on...

dlowan

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 06:43 am
@Roberta,
Good kvetch!
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 03:56 pm
It seems impossible that it is over ten months since I had the skin cancer removed from my nose. Tomorrow I will go to have scar revision surgery - multiple z-plasties to rectify trapdooring and pin cushioning - or that's how they describe it. Wish me luck! Still scared witless! But I have a brilliant plastic surgeon - and a lot of faith in him - so, fingers crossed, my nose will soon be back to normal.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 05:58 pm
@dlowan,
I think that could be a set to a musical interlude, something like Allegre: Miserere.

Not that I remember what that sounds like - I just like the name.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 11:50 pm
@vonny,
Wishing you the best, vonny. Please let us know how you're doing.
vonny

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 02:38 am
@Roberta,
Thank you. It's 08.36am here now - have the op at 2pm. So not long to wait. Soon be over!
ossobuco

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 10:24 am
@vonny,
Just saw this - you'll be glad to get it over with. (hugs)
vonny

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 03:43 pm
@ossobuco,
Well, for better or worse, it's all over now. I am desperately tired and I hurt, but it wasn't too bad. Nowhere near as bad as the one I had last year.

I was only on the operating table for 30 minutes - it seemed to go smoothly, and my surgeon seemed to be very satisfied with the result.

At the moment, the hard part is sitting upright - mustn't lean forward or backward, and have to try to sleep propped against a pile of pillows tonight. I have to keep that up for 48 hours - not easy!
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 03:43 pm
@vonny,
Hoping for the best in this Vonny. (yas yas yas I'm late to this well wishing too)
vonny

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 03:48 pm
@Sturgis,
I have a dressing on this time - strangely naked wound last year - so I haven't seen the end result yet, but my darling plastic surgeon said he'd revised the scar enough to thin/remove the excess from the bulkiness left from the last op. Hurrah - it will be good to have my nose back to normal again.
Roberta

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 01:07 am
@vonny,
vonny, How's your nose?
vonny

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 09:30 am
@Roberta,
I had the second lot of surgery last week. My surgeon was brilliant and has totally revised and improved the marginal scar. I was only too grateful to have the BCC excised last April, so having the slight bulkiness removed is a big bonus. The stitches were taken out today - looking good!

The only fly in the ointment was my reaction to the antibiotics. I've had a lot of problems - culminating in my blood pressure rising to somewhere between 212 and 220 over 140 or so and having to be rushed in an ambulance to A&E - big dramas, but they did an ECG, took multiple blood tests - generally poked and prodded and examined every inch of me - and all appears to be working okay. They finally allowed me home when my BP was down to a normal reading and I stopped being on the verge of passing out.

I saw my doctor today, and it appears that the reaction to the antibiotics caused such a nasty bilious attack that all the salts were leeched out of my system, causing the big fluctuations in BP and blood glucose. Hopefully that is all over with now, and this will be an end to it! I do hope so. Thank you for your support.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 10:44 am
@vonny,
Gees, glad you're ok!!!!!!!!!
(oh, and some more of those !!!!!!!!!)
0 Replies