Surgery--Again

Ragman

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2014 08:17 am
@Roberta,
I hope these problems find a speedy workable solution for you...and soon. Social worker pathway sounds like a good one. Many times they can act like a hospital sub-contractor and help you 'vector' some of these problems to better solutions. At least, that's working for me with the VA hospital.

Round #2 of chemo (out patient) for me. Round#2 for me...late morning at 11am...home at 5pm. My sister is great at my side being wing man. The process yesterday went well. however the pre-meds, particularly the Benadryl, caused a huge head rush that lasted about an hour. It fogs your head totally and makes you feel like your on an LSD roller coaster. My sister was entertained while I tried to say anything to her that required concentration. We're a weird bunch and find humor almost anywhere. Glad it didn't last any longer than that.

Oh and Leslie contacted me again by email...to help us find a better 'landing point'. I suggested she call me at some point and I could talk to her. I'm empathetic. i think she must have felt trapped and freaked out.
dlowan

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 09:20 pm
@Roberta,
Checking in to find out how da Big Boid is?
margo

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 12:38 am
@dlowan,
Yeah. Me too
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 01:51 am
@dlowan,
I'm eh. Having trouble staying awake. I haven't slept this much in a long time.

I'm going to see the asthma doc on Wednesday. I'm having insurance troubles and can't pay for my meds.

I've fallen behind in my work. And I'm supposed to get stuff to the social worker. Can't work or get stuff together if I'm sleeping.

Hey, me. Wake up.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 05:24 am
@Roberta,
Glad to know somebody is sleeping, though I get that the timing isn't good for you with things to done get. Wondering if the asthma is being complicated by the cold.

Anyway, hope things start getting back on track for you and that you syay awake long enough to finish the at hand tasks. (Was getting concerned as you hadn't posted since the "harrowing..." post the other day.)
Roberta

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 06:07 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis, I don't know if my asthma is affected by the cold. I haven't been outside in a while. But I will be later today. I'll see.

My theory on the sleeping is that I was experiencing enormous stress. Some of it was relieved, and my body relaxed. Ergo, sleep. Or it's my thyroid. I see the thyroid doc in a month.

Roberta

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 09:28 am
@Roberta,
Back from outside. It felt wonderful! Stimlating! I love the cold. To hell with the asthma.
Roberta

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 04:28 am
@Roberta,
Speaking of to hell with the asthma, it's snowing. Not sure I want to navigate the city in the snow. I may postpone the appointment yet again.
Roberta

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 08:22 am
@Roberta,
Yet agained. Although there was just a sprinkling of snow, I didn't want to have to schlepp around in boots while trying not to fall down.
Rescheduled for two weeks.

I also scheduled an MRI (brain) and an appointment with my internist (for May). When I go to the hospital for the asthma appointment, I'll see if I can move the internist appointment up.

I don't know which is harder. Navigating the city or navigating Bellevue.
dlowan

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 12:07 am
@Roberta,
How's the inner Boida? Worried about the bad phone call.
Roberta

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 03:10 am
@dlowan,
The inner me? A mess. Constant worry about money. Constant fear about my health. What's wrong with my health beyond the usual? Don't know. I panic over every pang. Not typical of me.

The last time I saw my psychiatrist he said I was frenzied. I think I still am--when I'm not asleep. This sleeping business is driving me nuts.

In short, I'm just peachy. Thanks for asking.

BTW, the harrowing phone call may have resolved some things. Got through the harrowing part. Waiting to see what happens.
vonny

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 04:25 am
@Roberta,
Not surprised you are panicking over every pang. You'd had far more than your fair share of health problems.

You seem to be caught up in a vicious circle - money worries, health worries, sleeping too much, worries about being worried - you're bound to be stressed.

Spring is on the way - I hope, with the improving weather, there comes an improvement in your finances. Any more work on the horizon, or are you struggling a bit to finish what you have now?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 05:54 pm
@Roberta,
Any suggestions from psychiatrist?
Roberta

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 07:32 pm
@dlowan,
He gave me a prescription to help calm me down. I did not get it filled. For one thing, it is very expensive. For another, I didn't agree with the chemical approach to this situation. I'm already taking an antidepressant. It helps (far fewer panic attacks). I'm trying to improve things. That will defrenzify me.

How's mit da bunny?

ehBeth

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 08:15 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

It's been so long since I ate Mexican or Indian food that I don't remember what I ate. I love them both, but they're off my list. Is there a shared ingredient? Something that shows up in both?

coriander/cilantro is a common factor

(this may have already been covered off but I'm catching up)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 08:19 pm
@Roberta,
I highly agree with you on that, Robbie.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 08:22 pm
@vonny,
vonny wrote:
I'm having another operation on my nose on 13th February. Plastic surgery to remove the 'trapdooring and pin cushioning' - something like that! Guess who's scared stiff - even more so this time. What a coward!

I'd be panic-stricken. Which is worse? scared stiff or panic-stricken
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 08:24 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:
My sister was entertained while I tried to say anything to her that required concentration.

still entertaining friends and family Raggeleh?
ehBeth

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 08:40 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:
I'm trying to improve things.

for some reason this has caused a beer commercial ear worm

fie!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 11:48 pm
@ehBeth,
ummm...? I'd ask them but I'm trying to recall their names again.
0 Replies