Surgery--Again

Roberta

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 11:13 am
@vonny,
vonny, I'm glad the surgery went ok. But the cure can kill ya. Good that the bp is back where it belongs.
vonny

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 02:47 pm
@Roberta,
Thanks Roberta. How are you now - is the construction work outside of your window still driving you mad? And have you had another hospital appointment or do you have one coming up soon?
Roberta

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 05:37 pm
@vonny,
Haven't been feeling very talky lately. The construction work ended today. I think. I hope.

I saw the asthma doc last week. Didn't get the MRI. Will see the endocrynologist next week.

No work at the moment.

Finally able to cross the street without slogging though slush and ice.
abcdental

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2014 03:08 am
@Roberta,
Wishes for you Bro. Please get well soon!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 12:27 am
@Roberta,
Talk to us! We worry!!!!
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 04:48 am
@Roberta,
I try to drop in, but work prevails I read as much as I can.. But it's been a few days Roberta.. It's hard to feel down.. Thinking of you so dropped in.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 10:42 am
@Roberta,
Are you okay Roberta? Not like you to fail to post for such a long time. Worried about you, do please let us know how things are. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 12:13 pm
Sorry you guys are worrying. I'm eh, which is normal for me. Battling feeling down and working to resolve financial problems. I feel overwhelmed.

I have an appointment at Bellevue tomorrow to see the thyroid doc. Maybe this will resolve my being tired all the time--a medication adjustment. Dunno.

I'm worried that my computer is very slow. A sign of death? I have access to some kinda fixie-faster thing from AOL, but I don't know if I should use it. Is it reliable?

Still can't afford all my meds.

I'm usually on a2k--reading. Don't got much to say.

How's with all of you?

vonny

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 03:25 pm
@Roberta,
Glad to hear that you are okay!

I hope all goes well at Bellevue tomorrow when you see the thyroid doctor and that your problems with tiredness will be sorted out satisfactorily. Horrid to feel tired all the time.

0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 03:30 pm
@Roberta,
Sorry you are going through such a stressful time. $50 round trip is ridiculous and having to do it so often. Add financial problems that will stress anyone out full time.. I understand why you read and don't write, been there for a couple of years and just getting out of it, feeling safe, finally...

Nothing I can say other than best wishes and I hope things start improving very, very soon so that you can feel a bit more than eh... Rather, phew...
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 05:39 pm
@Roberta,
Next time Thomas is in town, have him take a look at your computer. My guess is that it just needs to be defragmented and have the cache cleaned up. Should take about an hour of his time.

It is basically what the thing from AOL does, but Thomas can be more selective in what gets done and make some backups as a fail safe.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 01:52 pm
Phooey and a half. I got up, washed, dressed, out the door, and in a cab. I looked for the appointment slip and other info in my bag. Not there. The envelope containing everything was not there. I told the cab driver to turn around and take me back.

I hunted, looked, searched. Finally found this important envelope on the floor. I missed the appointment. I rescheduled for May. Did I say phooey? Saying it again. PHOOEY.
vonny

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 01:57 pm
@Roberta,
Oh Roberta! What rotten luck.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 02:32 pm
@Roberta,
Well, damn. I agree re the defrag. You should have one and a disk cleaner in your computer.

Sorry you are feeling blah........are the financial issues looking as though there is light at the end of the tunnel?
Roberta

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 05:25 pm
@dlowan,
vonny, Not rotten luck. Carelessness on my part.

deb, Defrag? I'm mystified. As for the financial issues, yes, there appears to be a bit of light. Meeting with the social worker tomorrow to work out details--and to answer my questions.
Thomas

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 06:23 pm
@Roberta,
I'll be in town this coming Sunday. If you have time, we can take a lot at the hard disk.
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 07:16 pm
@Thomas,
Yay! Our hero! Thank you Thomas!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 11:39 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

I'll be in town this coming Sunday. If you have time, we can take a lot at the hard disk.

Or a look even!!! Go Thomas.
dlowan

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 11:39 pm
@dlowan,
Of course, that'll be Monday where I am.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 05:19 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas, I've said it before, but it bears repeating. You're a very good kid. However, it's supposed to snow on Sunday. Do you really want to do extra schlepping in the snow? Also my computer and its software are very old. You may not be familair with stuff. And my apartment is as much of a mess as it was the last time you were here. I know you don't like it. (I don't like it either.) Let me know if you're still willing. Or we can make it another time. I really don't like to impose.

The social worker was here for an hour and a half. We're trying to iron out the details of my financial future. It may be to my benefit to stop doing freelance work. Officially retire. She's gonna get back to me. Also on our list is getting someone to help me at home. A lower priority. If I can stop worrying about money, I may be able to do more for myself. Worry leads to depression which leads to inaction.

I really want this to work out.