Surgery--Again

Sturgis

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 03:26 pm
@Roberta,
Good to read there's no need to be taking out a scalpel on you, sorry about the tooth trouble, glad it's not at its worst though (suppose that must be some limited relief).

Nice news on the foreign chocolate too. Enjoy!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 03:36 pm
@Roberta,
Yay! Enjoy.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 05:49 pm
Ran some errands today. Wore different pants. These fell down farther than the ones I wore yesterday.

It's always something. And I wish this were my biggest problem.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 06:11 pm
@Roberta,
I have this caftan, one of a few (2?) items I ordered from the smithsonian site back in the whatsits when I thought I had a little money - I loved it, still do. It's a wallow to walk in it, still love it. I tend to belt it.

I ordered another more sparkly one. Long time later, thought a friend might like it, though I still did. Friend donated it. So it goes.

Life time lesson number 422, make sure you get your books (et al) back if someone doesn't care about them, if you do want them. (Don't get me started)
This was a long time lesson, but I don't learn yet.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 08:21 pm
@Roberta,
You need some suspenders to keep her britches up, young lady?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gPheYrw_AAE/TwIVcdQLnoI/AAAAAAAAFVk/YREf2QKnJ5M/s1600/132.JPG
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 12:12 am
Oh, no. I ate one of the candies. Got suspicious and checked out the ingredients online. Nuts. I'm allergic to nuts. Waiting to barf. Waiting to be sick as a dog.

Maybe one candy won't make me that sick. Ever the optimist.

PS: The candy tasted damned good.

Lesson learned: Check out the ingredients before eating. Sigh.

PPS, Thanks for the suspenders, b.
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 02:16 am
@Roberta,
I hope you have your asthma meds near by just in case. Making yourself vomit might be a good thing to get most of it out of your system.

How bad a reaction do you usually have?

Do you have any antihistamines in the house?
Roberta

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 02:54 am
@Butrflynet,
1. This isn't the kind of allergy that has to do with breathing. This is a barf allergy. And I can't make myself barf. Either I do, or I don't.

2. Last time I was sick for a few days. Nearly passed out.

3. Don't need any antihistimines. I took an antacid. I'm hoping it will soften the effects.

So far, so good. It was a smallish candy. Glad I decided to check after I ate just one and not all. So far, so good.

The pain killers (OTC) I've been taking for the toothache triggered an asthma attack. I'm now on steroids.

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 03:10 am
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:

Hallelujahing for good news on cysts...

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Boida)))))))))))))))))))))))))

You take a Hallelujah bavk, I'll give youze another ... Razz

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjY9TVTwap8[/youtube]

relating on tooth... having a molar with a nasty wavy root out under general on 19th; he may be going in through the jaw. UGH YEUCH. On the positive - I won't be able to eat over Christmas so wooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooo for weight loss even though I iz gonna be sporting a black, blue, green and yellow hamster face! Mr. Green

http://www.swanimalhospital.net/_img/02_animals/hamster400x400.jpg

Thinking of you goil - love you Boidaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Through the jaw??!!! Shocked Hoper in high gear for you. I'll stick with the toothache. Feh.

Don't be so keen on not eating over Christmas. What if your pants fall down.

Thanks for the additional hallelujah. You're a good kid. Love you too.
vonny

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 03:23 am
@Roberta,
Sorry to hear about the toothache - but glad to hear other medical procedures seem to have gone well lately.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 04:00 pm
Report: Only a mild reaction. No barfing, but a definite stomach upset.

I have a negative reaction to some foods. Is it officially an allergy? Dunno.

I nearly died from eating goose one Christmas. Can't eat duck or goose big time. I can't eat Mexican or Indian food. I don't know what's in these cuisines that makes me sick, but something does. Not as powerful a reaction as to the duck/goose. The nut problem arose fairly recently. Violent reaction. Barfing, drooling, the runs, sweating, panting, and near fainting.

Rockhead

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 04:28 pm
@Roberta,
I wonder what part of mexican food bothers you...

and I guess, how mexican is your mexican...

I have a love hate relationship with my food, too.

(((B)))
Roberta

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 11:14 pm
@Rockhead,
Senor Cabeza de Piedra,

Are you suggesting that NYC doesn't have authentic Mexican cuisine?

I have no idea what it is in Mexican food that makes me sick. The same applies to Indian food. Not a clue.

I don't have a problem with any other cuisine that I'm aware of.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 11:23 pm
@Roberta,
Rockhead is on to something, we could figure this out.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 11:24 pm
@Roberta,
Do you remember any of the particular dishes that sent you into trouble?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 11:35 pm
@ossobuco,
Folks can have reactions to cumin, curry, chili, msg and if these spices are produced in the same facility that handles various nuts, there could be transfer contamination. The older I get the less tolerant I've become to very rich food. Too much sugar, butter, cream and I'm sick as a dog. Getting old is not for sissy's.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 11:50 pm
@glitterbag,
I live on most of those and have for years. I fart like the rest of the world but not much, except today. Almost never burp. I've had a sense of esophageal tightness off and on - years ago, and figured I was dehydrated and sipped water, which fixed it then.

This week I had it again, and it lasted. Seems to be passing.
Knock on woody pencils.

Could be useful if rockhead can get to the source of the ingredients.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 12:12 am
It's been so long since I ate Mexican or Indian food that I don't remember what I ate. I love them both, but they're off my list. Is there a shared ingredient? Something that shows up in both?

It doesn't matter much anymore. I can't eat spicy foods. They make me choke (radiation on my throat). The same applies to very sweet foods. No milk chocolate or maple syrup. And some citrus fruits. Dem's da breaks.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 12:27 am
@Roberta,
Agh. I won't pester you about ingredients.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 08:37 am
@Roberta,
According to FARE - Food Allergy Research and Education -

'Some Unexpected Sources of Peanut
- African, Asian and Mexican dishes'

And, of course, peanut allergy is one of the most common food allergies. Peanuts can cause a severe, potentially fatal, allergic reaction (anaphylaxis).
0 Replies