Surgery--Again

Roberta

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 12:32 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas, I can follow my threads now. The change has helped. But that's not what I was kvetching (correct spelling, caribou) about. I'm kvetching about the fact that when you're responding, you can't see the previous few posts as you could on the old site.

Can't stop worrying about money. Haven't paid my rent and utilities for August. Cause for worry. Not worrying about the hospital money--as much.
littlek

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 12:42 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
Can't stop worrying about money. Haven't paid my rent and utilities for August.

Ah, that's a different story!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 04:56 pm
Nothing much is new, gang. (Someone asked.)

Working on a rush editing job. I now have the concentration span of a hyperactive sea slug.

Had to turn down another rush job. There's only so much not concentrating a person can do.

Anticipating Olympics withdrawal symptoms. I get addicted. Yes, I watched race walking at 5 a.m. or therabouts. It looks silly, but it's a helluva challenge. Watched some rowing stuff. Still don't know the difference (by sight) between a kayak and a canoe. Also not sure about those scull things either. In one event the rower used only one oar on one side of the boat. To my surprise this person did not row in circles. The announcer explained how this was possible. I didn't get it.

Am I becoming stoopid? Is there a cure for stoopid? If there is and if someone explains it to me, will I understand it? Probably not.

And how's by you?
dlowan

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 06:34 pm
@Roberta,
At least you're a HYPERACTIVE sea slug, dollink!!!!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 07:44 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:
Can't stop worrying about money. Haven't paid my rent and utilities for August. Cause for worry. Not worrying about the hospital money--as much.

So please let us help you, Roberta! What is a community good for, if we can't
help the ones who need it right now. I wouldn't say (write) this if I wasn't
sincere in helping you out. There are times one needs a helping hand, and
you shouldn't feel shy about taking the help.
Roberta

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 11:08 pm
@CalamityJane,
I'm too desperate to be shy.

I appreciate your kind thoughts and desire to help.

Don't know what else to say.
0 Replies

Borat Sister

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 02:15 am
@CalamityJane,
CJ....if you email me at the email addy in my profile....(Borat Sister's) it would be good.

Izzie

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 02:19 am
Hey Bertie Gal

You not sleeping either a?

Whatcha doin? Editing?

Thinking about you

Hugs to you. x
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 08:52 am
@Borat Sister,
Borat Sister wrote:

CJ....if you email me at the email addy in my profile....(Borat Sister's) it would be good.

Okay, I've done so!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 05:49 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:

Hey Bertie Gal

You not sleeping either a?

Whatcha doin? Editing?

Thinking about you

Hugs to you. x

Editing--one paragraph at a time. Can't concentrate on more.

And sleeping--one or so hours at a time. Hey, they add up!

Izzie

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 05:50 pm
@Roberta,
Good girl - one hour at a time is better than none - do what you need to do to get by.

Hugs hun (((x)))
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 07:02 am
@Roberta,
How goes it girl? How are you feeling?

Hugs to you. x
Roberta

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 07:30 am
@Izzie,
Hiya Izzie,

Thanks for the hugs. Nothing much is new.

I'm gearing up for my pre-op visit to the hospital on Tuesday. Getting noivous about the surgery, which hasn't been making me nervous up until now.

Why am I up at this crazy hour (for me)? I tried sleeping. No luck. I'll try again soon.

Had dinner out with a dear old friend a few nights ago. Went to a restaurant I used to love that I hadn't been to in many years. Remembered the onion soup with great fondness. I was not disappointed. Still the best onion soup I ever had.

Finishing up my editing job, which is nothing short of a miracle considering that I edited the whole thing one paragraph at a time. Stop start stop start.

Recovered from my Olympics withdrawal.

Had an unpleasant conversation with my landlord.

That's the complete report. Was that exciting or what?

sozobe

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 07:36 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:
Finishing up my editing job, which is nothing short of a miracle considering that I edited the whole thing one paragraph at a time. Stop start stop start.

This is exciting! I'm impressed that you're working in the circumstances, and also happy about anything that will bring in a bit more income.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 07:38 am
Work and diversion are good indeed.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 07:50 am
@Roberta,
I'm not Izzie, Roberta, but I did find your complete report exciting. Wink

So, the pre-op appointment is on Tuesday. Is there a definite time for the operation yet? (I'd be getting nervous, too.)

Sorry to hear you're having landlord problems on top of everything else, Roberta. That you don't need. Sigh.

(If you have the time & energy) please tell us more about this fabulous onion soup & your dinner out. What makes an onion soup "the best"? I know little about these things, but always enjoy reading about the details of your NYC dining experiences!)
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 07:57 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

I'm gearing up for my pre-op visit to the hospital on Tuesday. Getting noivous about the surgery, which hasn't been making me nervous up until now.

Why am I up at this crazy hour (for me)? I tried sleeping. No luck. I'll try again soon.

Had dinner out with a dear old friend a few nights ago. Went to a restaurant I used to love that I hadn't been to in many years. Remembered the onion soup with great fondness. I was not disappointed. Still the best onion soup I ever had.

Hey, strange isn't it - when you have a fond memory of something - what's exciting is when that memory then doesn't disappoint - so glad you enjoyed your dinner with your friend - fond memories are the best.

What's also strange is how the days just pass by.... yep, Tuesday is looming, and of course you're gonna be noivous.... but in a few days, that will be done too. Not soon enough - but it will pass by and you will get thru. I have passed by 10 long months - it felt like a lifetime, it feels like yesterday. It'll be done soon enough - but seems strange to will the days away, just so they are passed by.

Meantime, you are living all hours (that, I understand) - when you are ready to rest, you will (even if you are tired now - it's not your time to sleep right now).

Well done on the editing job - hope the next one will be less kvetchworthy - and more stimulating. Anything lined up?

Mmmmm - landlord - yep, tough conversations I imagine - but for now, just focus on you - and try not to have unpleasant people bring you down lower.

It's a stunning day here today - the sun is finally shining and it's warm and bright (better than grey and mizzy which is what is has been since I got home) - it's also my 17th wedding anniversary - darn shame we are about to be divorced in a few weeks Wink and I think I may have to go and do something to stop my brain from overthinking cr*p. How bout you? Can you get to go out today and do a little people watching... is the sun shining? Any plans to meet up with Thomas or anyone?

Take care.... keep distracted if you can and sleep when you are able. xox
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 08:05 am
The best thing about the time drawing close, Roberta, is that it will soon be behind you. That's much better than anticipation in these things. Your friends will wait it out with you and be here when you get back.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 04:53 pm
Izzie, Hard to accept, that anniversary/divorce. Keep on hanging in. Yep, it was a nice surprise to have a pleasant memory and an expectation that didn't disappoint. I slept the day away (finally). No plans. No work lined up. How could I take on work with surgery looming? Not that there's much work anyway--one of the reasons I'm broke.

Foxfyre, Thanks for the kind words. You're right about anticipation. Too much time to think. Consider the possibilities. Stew. I'm good at all three. It's a comfort to know that you'll be here when I get back.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 05:15 pm
@Roberta,
Checking in, joining in the wait. Glad you got some sleep.