Surgery--Again

Miller

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 06:56 am
@Roberta,
Roberta, you're in good hands at that hospital.

If you need sedation to get through this, be sure to speak up and tell you Doctor. Something mild will help you to cope.
Roberta

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 05:45 pm
@Miller,
Quote:
Roberta, you're in good hands at that hospital.

I know it, Miller. I've been impressed with the medical care I've received there from my first encounter with them in 2005, when the people there saved my life. If you count the biopsy, this will be my fourth surgery there.

Did I say fourth? Thud.

msolga

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 03:31 am
@Roberta,
Yes, you did say the 4th, Roberta. Thud indeed!

I've now caught up with all posts on this thread. I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so flat, but it's perfectly understandable.
I'm hoping you are managing to sleep a bit more now. It helps a lot - but you already know that.
I'm very relieved that you have such confidence in the medical folk who are working with you. Phew, that's really important.
Congratulations on having all your teeth! (Lots of folks don't, you know!) Who would have thought this could ever be a problem? Confused I think those doctors need to do a bit of creative thinking to find solution, a way around this "problem". How very strange that it should be.
Any chance of any more work? Though do you feel up to it at this stage? I imagine concentration could be difficult, given the worry & also lack of sleep.

Please keep us informed, Roberta. I'll be watching closely for any updates along with everyone else here.
Crossing my fingers that this will be behind you before too long. Hang in there!

Much love from me to you,
- Olga

0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 04:27 am
Finally found this thread again!

Lot's of so much hugs, Roberta. Hooray for numbers without commas for paying and numbers with commas for income.

Don't worry. The surgeons will do the laser stuff very well. They will.

I will make two predictions:
1)next year we will have forgotten all the agita caused by this new format.
2) we will sit in the park and sing a duet.

Joe(you get to pick the music)Nation
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 03:51 pm
msolga, Glad you finally caught up. I had terrible problems with concentration on the last two jobs I had. Couldn't focus. Maybe didn't do a good job on one of them.

joe, Glad you found this thread again. I don't know where the hell anything is. As for sitting on a park bench with you--love it. As for singing, love that too. May not be able to. Part of my larynx is coming out. You'll sing; I'll croak along. I get to pick the music. I will ponder this. Probably an oldie but goodie. Since I'm older than you, my oldie but goodie will be from before your time. Don't worry. I'll provide the lyrics. And we can fake a tune.
Izzie

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 11:49 pm
@Roberta,
Hey Bertie

How you doin' girl? Been thinking of you and hope you are as k as can be expected.

Hugs to you hun x
Roberta

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 03:14 am
@Izzie,
Izzie!!!

Thanks for the delish caramels. I said thanks somewhere else, but I don't remember where.

Good to see you, kid.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 09:38 pm
Hi, Roberta...
Thinking of you.
Roberta

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 05:53 am
@caribou,
Back atcha, kid.
Thomas

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 05:59 am
@Roberta,
Roberta, I'm surprised you're up at this time of the day. Are you okay? (Dumb question. I'll settle for okay-ish.)
Roberta

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 06:02 am
@Thomas,
Haven't been to sleep yet, Thomas. Hope that makes you feel better.
Thomas

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 06:27 am
@Roberta,
Actually it doesn't, but thanks for letting me know. Smile Sleep well if and whenever you do!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 10:06 am
Hey Bertie - thinking of you - have been a little on and off here lately - but back to normal on Saturday - will be flying in briefly to your part of the world tomorrow - will be waving....

hugs to you girlie - giving you strength xox xxxx
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 07:26 pm
Hi Roberta, I just found this thread again. I've been thinking about you and hoping you're feeling better.

((((Boida))))
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 07:48 pm
My young neice is going through chemo now for lymphoma. She had wicked trouble sleeping for months even before she was diagnosed. Since she started treatment, she's been sleeping better. Seems the tumor was hitting a nerve, so to speak.

Is this a possibility for you Roberta? Or is it all stress?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 10:52 pm
How am I? Hanging on by a cuticle. Thomas, sorry that didn't make you feel better. I tried, kiddo.

Izzie, You amaze me. Do you ever rest?

mac, Good to see you kid. Glad you found the thread. Hell, glad I found the thread.

littlek, I'm sorry to hear about your niece. Oy. Hope that has a happy ending. No, nothing is touching a nerve with me. Just worrying, tense.

The doctor told me to stop worrying about money--I have enough else to worry about. I can't seem to control where my worry goes.

I said somewhere on the old a2k that if worrying and kvetching were Olympic events, I'd be on the winner's platform--worrying about falling off and kvetching that the gold medal ain't 24 karat. C'est moi.

Sorry if I left somebody out of my response. I can't see what's there. Thomas told me that there was a way to make previous responses visible and that it would take about an hour for me to set things up. If it took Thomas an hour, it would take me until somewhere in the 2020s.

Mr. Green
littlek

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 10:54 pm
@Roberta,
Stop worrying about the money: Doctor's orders!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 12:55 am
@Roberta,
Hey Girl....

Wouldn't it be great if we could just flick a switch and turn off the worry - or turn a dial and silence all the cr*p that floats around our heads banging on the brain when we want to forget everything. No-one said life was going to be easy tho a?

Keep hanging on hun - you will get a platinum medal when you get through this hun - and you will get thru - with a little help from your friends and a whole heap of strength that you'll find from somewhere. Will be waving to you and Thomas as I fly in to Newark tomorrow - and back out again.

Will be back on Staurday sometime - 'til then hun - take lots of care - kvetch away and you don't gotta be big and brave. Hope you sleep soon. Hugs and love to you xox xxxx
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 06:15 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:
Sorry if I left somebody out of my response. I can't see what's there. Thomas told me that there was a way to make previous responses visible and that it would take about an hour for me to set things up. If it took Thomas an hour, it would take me until somewhere in the 2020s.

You're better off not having listened to me on that one, because my advice was bad. (Craven enlightened me a few hours after I posted it.) Fortunately though, they have now fixed the problem. "My posts" is now thread-by-thread, like it was before the switch. So go to "My Posts", select topic age: "all time" and sort by "new posts". You should have no more trouble following your threads anymore.

And on a different note, the doctor is right: Stop worrying about the money.
caribou

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 07:44 am
I don't know what to say... as usual.
But listening in sympathy
and admiration for your kletching.

Is that how it's spelled?
0 Replies