Just sittin' here carin' and stuff.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 06:15 pm
Happy to hear Roberta got some sleep!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 06:51 pm
Oops. Missed the responses before Izzie.

jes and soz, Yup, glad to have a little work and a little diversion. This project (almost done) was not ooky. But the author got sloppy toward the end. Tsk, tsk.

msolga, Good onion soup? Great melted cheese on top. Slightly salty taste, rich, oniony. The rest of the meal? I had crepe forestiere--ham, cheese, mushrooms, bechamel sauce--in a well-cooked crepe (slightly crisp and browned). My friend had a salad. I had chocolate mousse. The restaurant is called La Bonne Soupe.

osso, littlek, Yup, sleep. Don't feel exactly rested, but don't feel exactly not.

deb, Caring back atcha.

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 07:00 pm
@Roberta,
We're all here rooting for you, Roberta, and come Tuesday we will keep
our fingers crossed that everything works out well for you.

Onion soup is what I want now too!!

Izzie, you haven't made your 17th anniversary, but you're still entitled to
a glass of wine celebrating the 16 long years you've had together, especially when considering that lots of people don't get past the 5 year mark.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 07:04 pm
@Roberta,
OK, kid, we need to go there together sometime..

The blog, with the pics, of someone who agrees with Roberta..
http://nibblenewyork.blogspot.com/2007/08/onion-soup-lovers-beware.html

(I can't link the pictures..)
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 08:02 pm
Oooooommmmmming in Houston.

(((((Boida)))))
ehBeth

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 09:05 pm
@mac11,
I hope you get a bit of good sleep, Roberta.

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 10:27 pm
Jane, Thanks for the rooting. Tuesday is just pre-op. I anticipate a loooooong wait. Last time (pre-biopsy) they sprung a few surprises on me. I'm hoping that doesn't happen this time.

osso, I'd love to go there with you. Thanks for the blog. I agree with the most of it.

mac, Thought I felt something hit here from the southeast. Was that your om?

Beth, I too would like some good sleep. To wake up and actually feel rested. But I'm happy to get any kind of sleep that lasts for more than an hour.

BTW, If any of you are in da Big Apple and don't mind spending $6.50 on soup, dat onion soup is da best. Mouth waters every time I think of it. Slurp.
jespah

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 05:50 am
@Roberta,
Ommmmmmmmm

We have the fixings for a version of such soup. Grilled vidalia onion pieces, monterey jack cheese and low sodium chicken broth, plus whole wheat bread.

Hmmmmmmmmm

Hmmmmmmmmm
Ommmmmmmmm
Hmmmmmmmmm
Ommmmmmmmm

I should stop putting those together; I sound like the Winkies in The Wizard of Oz.
Joe Nation

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 06:16 am
@Roberta,
Quote:
BTW, If any of you are in da Big Apple and don't mind spending $6.50 on soup, dat onion soup is da best. Mouth waters every time I think of it. Slurp.

The question, which I shall get answered, is "Do they have delivery?" Followed by the question, which you shall answer, where do they take it?" And
When do you want it?

Joe(or I will schlep it over myself. Say when)Nation
msolga

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 06:46 am
@Roberta,
OK, Roberta. It's a date. Meet you for onion soup at La Bonne Soupe .... eventually. (Now all I need is the airfare!)

(Hoping you are all tucked in and fast asleep as I type this.)

Roberta

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 07:05 am
@Joe Nation,
The answer to your question is no, they don't have delivery. And if they did, it wouldn't be as far north as I am or as farther north as you are.

When do I want it? Daily. But how about a post-op survival celebration? Did that sound uncharacteristically optimistic for me? See what happens when you dangle great onion soup in my face?

Ro (like Gloria Gaynor, I will survive)berta

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 07:07 am
@msolga,
msolga, You gonna let a little thing like airfare and being half a world away stand in your way? I'm very disappointed in you.

From osso's link:

http://bp3.blogger.com/_NI0xIqrM2Qk/RsJgp3mMB6I/AAAAAAAAAF4/RnQcrTj5N10/s400/2.jpg
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 07:12 am
@Roberta,
http://www.loringcafe.com/images/menus/OnionSoup.jpg

onion soup for the soul

R(chicken, schmicken)P
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 07:12 am
I'm looking up at that soup.
Roberta, that picture should be rated R.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 10:44 am
@Roberta,
I loved onion soup as a kid. I wonder if I'd still love it now.
dlowan

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 11:03 am
@littlek,
I make great onion soup...drop by next weekend and find out if you still like it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 12:59 pm
@jespah,
I just picked up some vidalias and cheese - the low sodium chicken broth is on standby. I need the temps to go down a tiny bit - then I'm makin' soup of the onion. Yum.

Onion soup's been a bit of a celebration food among a group of my friends. I think it'd be great to have a celebratory onion soup with Roberta. Get on that saving plan, msOlga.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 01:28 pm
@ehBeth,
If I can't get there in time (money, money), I'll make onion soup here the same day..
lessee, spanish onions, chicken broth, lots of pepper, ital fontina (or whatever's around, mebbe monterey jack), california cracked wheat sourdough..

0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 02:43 pm
Okay, you've all got my mouth watering. So post a good onion soup recipe so I can enjoy some with Roberta et al.