how's them tenors working out, B...?

this has been a pretty good day.

mebbe I'm turning Jewish...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 02:52 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Andy, Thanks for the good wishes. Yom Kippur is over here in the Big Apple. I didn't fast. But I do view this as a special day.

Is yom kippur the day you eat yummy kippers?
Roberta

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 06:10 am
@dlowan,
Yom Kippur is the day you don't eat nuttin'--no matter how yummy.
dlowan

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 07:52 am
@Roberta,
Was there a plague of kippers in Egypt?
Roberta

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 01:46 pm
@dlowan,
There was a plague of everything in Egypt. But that's Passover.

Watered my plants last night. Nearly passed out from the effort. Had to do it in two shifts.

I think one of the reasons I have no appetite and am doing so much sleeping is that the steekin' hospital tried to reverse my inner clock. They expected me to be awake when the sun was out and asleep when it was dark. Hey, hospital. Don't be trying to boss around my inner clock.

BTW, No noticeable improvement today.

My art therapist sent me pictures of my drawings displayed at the art exhibit. Four in a row. I can't figure out how to show a photo here. If I do, you'll see the row.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 01:51 pm
@Roberta,
that would be verra cool.

if you do...

((B))
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 03:44 pm
http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz72/Riman18/DSC00984.jpg

I drew these four pictures, which were shown at the Art Therapy exhibit.

The first is a self portrait. My throat was on fire, and they were gonna cut open my head.

The second is a simple abstract of shape and movement.

The third (hard to see) is me swimming in a lake.

The fourth is me flying like an eagle.

dlowan

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 03:57 pm
@Roberta,
Wow!
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 04:43 pm
@Roberta,
Wow! Im super late!

Sorry Roberta! Im glad your out of the hospital and your okay!! Mr. Green Very Happy

(((((BIG HUGS))))) and xxxxxKISSESxxxxx!!!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2011 04:11 am
@Roberta,
Hey Boida

So glad you had your drawings shown for Cancer Awareness. Showing others your 'expression' is a great thing - it could make all the difference to another person who hasn't yet found an outlet and who isn't able to interpret their feelings.

How did you fare over the weekend? Has your breathing improved?

((Boida)) x

So sorry I didn't call you this weekend. Not too grand right now; it's just the lurgy which should resolve soon.
Roberta

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2011 06:49 am
@Izzie,
Gracie, Out of the hospital, yes. OK? No. But better than I was.

Izzie querida, My breathing has improved a bit. Kinda sorta. Don't worry about not calling me. Didn't feel like talking.

I was on edge all weekend because of the IRS. I planned to stay up this morning and call them first thing. I did. They're closed today. National holiday.

I will call tomorrow. Throwing in more dirty words than any of you have ever heard coming from one senior citizen--in more than one language!!

I'm gonna have my milk and two hostess cupcakes.

I was gonna call Medicaid. Worth the trouble? Are they open.

More dirty words. Then milk, cupcakes, and sleep.
JPB

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2011 09:15 am
@Roberta,
Quote:
More dirty words. Then milk, cupcakes, and sleep.

Sounds like the best use of this day to me!

I hope you get some relief from the anvils that are hanging over your head soon. In the meantime I approve wholeheartedly of dirty words, milk, cupcakes and sleep!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2011 09:44 am
@Roberta,
Well, ****.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2011 11:02 am
@Roberta,
I really like the abstract. That would look great in a kitchen with ceramics of the same colors.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2011 11:08 am
@Roberta,
How wonderful! A great honor and one that most assuredly deserved.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2011 01:45 pm
Wow! Paintings are interesting! They look good on display. Good story of your peoblems.

Iz - that ain't no lurgy - that's realisation and depression ..... Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2011 05:22 pm
Look at the abstract. The center sorta S shape moving horizontally is a shape that shows up in many, many of my drawings. If you could see it, you would see that the picture of me swimming has that shape.

I associate water with feeling peacefull. And flying with feeling light and happy.

Reminder: This is not art! It's therapy. How things look are far less relevant than what they mean.
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2011 07:02 pm
@Roberta,
I cropped and enlarged each of them so we can see them better.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-iYMRT59muXc/TpOS88IRjBI/AAAAAAAABxo/LJ2AGmxiwbA/s482/roberta1.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-KMFh9U0WY5E/TpOS9CwD65I/AAAAAAAABx4/kRIvkgSIxhg/s486/roberta2.jpg

I'm still liking the abstract. I see many different shapes in it. It is almost like one of those optical illusions where you see one shape, blink and see another shape. Sometimes it looks like sound waves emitting from red lips and other times it looks like strata layers in a sun-lit garden and sometimes it looks like a colorfully striped bottle turned on its side.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-mX-l83rTl0k/TpOS88x6YrI/AAAAAAAABxk/p-b8h4Ip-n8/s488/roberta3.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-hxVnzA8r27A/TpOS9AVxkxI/AAAAAAAABxs/URVHfbAfsd0/s508/roberta4.jpg
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2011 11:09 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Gracie, Out of the hospital, yes. OK? No. But better than I was.

Well Im glad your better and I want you to stay better so that you'll eventually be OK. Smile Still wishing you the best, okay? Take care of yourself. (please, I know you dont like orders Smile )

GoodNite Roberta! And Awesome Art! I like the one with all the colors! Smile

HUGS&KISSES Smile Wink
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 08:07 pm
@Roberta,
Wondering how you're going Boida.