Surgery--Again

ossobuco

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 05:38 pm
Roberta - I'm mixed on trusting stuff. We have foot coverers at universities. Keep your skeptic eyes open.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 12:33 am
First preadmission appointment tomorrow. I don't wanna go.

Nothing from the tax person. I called a few times.

Finished the ooky book.

Tried lumping today, but I'm too uncomfortable to relax. You can't be a lump if you can't relax.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 12:35 am
@Roberta,
you need a foot rub.

how well do ya know yer nebbors...?

(((B)))
Roberta

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 01:02 am
@Rockhead,
Not at all, and I'ld like to keep it that way.

Even if I knew them better, I wouldn't let them touch my feet. If my tootsies need rubbing, I'll rub 'em myself.

I appreciate the thought though. This puts me in mind of my late lamented cat Mikey. He loved to rub his head on the bottom of my feet. It made me laugh--because his ears would boing up and down.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 01:04 am
@Roberta,
Stinky won't rub my feet. (he lays on them)

He will rub my back. but only just before wet food time. and only if he wants to.

he's kinda independent like...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 01:50 am
@Roberta,
Glad you've finished the ooky book. Sorry you're uncomfortable....is it the breathing?

Hoping for good lumpagement.

Of course you don't want to go to the pre-admission thing.....you're sane, remember?

Viola ATTACKS my feet. She's some cat.

Roberta

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 02:14 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Sorry you're uncomfortable....is it the breathing?

It's anxiety.
dlowan

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 02:17 am
@Roberta,
You need a pill. And a lot of money.

And for the damn irregularity to straighten up and fly right.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 06:48 am
@Roberta,
Glad you finished the ooky book, Roberta.
I hope the next one's a lot less ooky!
And I'm sorry you're feeling so anxious about tomorrow, though I can certainly understand why. (I must check the world clock to see if it's "tomorrow "in NYC yet.)
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 01:04 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

First preadmission appointment tomorrow. I don't wanna go.

Does sorting through the anxiety help you or make you more anxious? I'm happy to play 20 (or 30 or 40) questions with you about your anxiety if that would help. I'm equally happy to leave it alone and simply say that I know how glad you'll be when all is said and done, but getting there can be awfully hard sometimes.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 01:55 pm
@Roberta,
((((Boida)))) x
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 02:37 pm
@Roberta,
checkin' in B...

(((B)))
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 03:18 pm
Back from Bellevue. It was a l-o-o-o-o-ng day. My first appointment was with the psychiatrist. I like him a lot. And he was very helpful. Thanks for the anxiety help offer, J. But I think I'm sorted. Although I admit I'm curious about the questions.

So my appointment with him was at 11:15. I was out by noon. I then went to the preadmission appointment. I was there at one and got seen at four. YAAAAAAARGH>

My blood pressure has been dangerously high. I kept records, cuz I knew that it would be lower at the hospital. I was right. I argued with the doctor. Look at these reconds. But you're blood pressure is only . . . He finally agreed to check it again. It went up. He gave me a prescription for a very small dose. Then he wants me to come back in a week to get it checked again. Never mind that I'm having a biopsy on Tuesday, and they'll probably check my BP. He wanted the appointment for Wed. I refused. We compromised on Thursday.

I dropped off two prescriptions at the drug store and came home. I had two hours of sleep last night. My appointment tomorrow is at 7:30 a.m. I might have to go to sleep tonight while it's still dark out.

Tired and hungry.
Izzie

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 03:27 pm
@Roberta,
I'm so glad you like the psych... so sorry about the long waiting for the pre-adm stuff tho.

oh, I know it's a struggle Boida, frustrating and annoying, wearying - that's the word of the moment... weary, ya get that

I moved my hoper into the highest gear for you

I know you will get through this and we'll be here to support you through the results and whatever happens from thereon

I am sending you and JPB every last bit of strength to fight the ailments and medical crahp.

You mean so much to me, to all of us... your our family, we're your herd.

Love you so much. x
Roberta

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 03:40 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

So my appointment with him was at 11:15. I was out by noon. I then went to the preadmission appointment. I was there at one and got seen at four.

Mistake. I was there at noon and out by four.

Thanks for the kind words, Iz. Can't really think of this group as a hoid. But I'll give it a try.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 03:57 pm
@Roberta,
http://www.thehandswork.com/products/cards/images/RoshHashanah--MayOurPrayersbeHeard-front.jpg
ehBeth

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 03:58 pm
@ehBeth,
Your merits are already top-notch Miss Boid of the Hoid.

Now, to get rid of your adversaries!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 04:07 pm
@Izzie,
We're your herd.. I like that.
Or maybe we're your corgis.
Roberta

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 05:24 pm
@ossobuco,
Thanks, Bethie. I enjoyed that. But my adversaries are within--except for the ones that aren't within.

Don't think of you guys as a herd. And if the herd is made up of corgis, osso, it's your herd.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 05:37 pm
@Roberta,
Well that was a failed effort at consolation and support. I just knew one corgi who would stay by your side, or mine in that actual case. Listen, I'll send you a german shepherd. A little large for the apartment, but since he's virtual, he won't need dog food and so on.