Surgery--Again

dlowan

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 08:33 pm
@Butrflynet,
Are they biopsying the damned irregularity?
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 08:41 pm
@dlowan,
Oh, maybe that is what she was referring to when she said she was going back in the hospital. Found this in an earlier post of hers here:

Quote:
I have a biopsy schedule for Oct. 4.

I already had a reservation with my good vibes machine for that day. Hopefully, I won't have to turn it up to full volume in order for the universe to hear it.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 12:17 am
butrfly, I always report in here first.

Yes, the biopsy is scheduled for October 4.

Glad your good vibe machine is operational.
Izzie

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 04:24 am
@Roberta,
((((Boida)))) thinking of you across the poind - always x
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 05:31 am
How are things with you, Roberta?
You seem rather quiet the past few days.

(Most likely you have your hands full with your latest not-so-wonderful editing project.)
Roberta

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 01:40 pm
@msolga,
Yes, busy with work. But mostly I don't feel much like talking. Finished a little project. Still working on the horror. And I have another project coming in today.

Finally reached at free tax help place. Have an appointment for next week.

I decided to resume my volunteer work. Tutoring in ESL. I made this decision before I knew about the biopsy. I meet my students this coming Monday. I'll do it as long as I can.
msolga

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 07:16 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
busy with work

Yeah, that's what I figured.
Commiserations on the ordeal ahead with the "horror".
This is not going to be fun, I know.
Good luck!

Thanks for responding when it doesn't sound like you felt much like posting, Roberta.

Good luck with the free tax place. I hope they're good at what they do & can give you the help you need.
Fingers crossed.

Quote:
I decided to resume my volunteer work. Tutoring in ESL. I made this decision before I knew about the biopsy. I meet my students this coming Monday. I'll do it as long as I can.

I remember, from ages ago, Roberta, when you posted quite a bit about the student you were tutoring at the time.
Lots of very interesting stories.
Has s/he (sorry, it's so long ago I can't recall the gender) kept in touch?
So I'm rather excited that you decided to begin tutoring again.
But don't feel badly if you can't do it for too long because of the many demands on you, OK?

Thinking of you, Roberta.
Roberta

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 10:24 pm
@msolga,
I tutored for a long time, olga, and had many students of both genders. Some kept in touch for a while, but the sicker I got, the less inclined I was to keep in touch. Rotten to the core--c'est moi.

Thinking of you too, kid.

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2011 03:41 pm
Met with the tax person. She's an advisor, not an advocate. But she's putting me in touch with an advocacy group. A free one. She was outraged at what's going on. She said she'd be with me all the way. I teared up.

I'm turning into an old softie. How humiliating.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2011 03:43 pm
@Roberta,
nahhh, if she'da said something bad aboot the Yankees, you'da been on her like a chicken on corn...
sozobe

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2011 03:44 pm
@Roberta,
I'm so glad you are able to marshal this army of People Who Can Help! That is a skill, itself. (Finding 'em and then getting 'em firmly on your side and willing to go the extra mile.)

Hope this gets sorted out and quickly too.
0 Replies

Roberta

@Rockhead,
True, RH.

Thanks, soz. The faster the better. Surgery on Oct. 4.
0 Replies

djjd62

@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:
I'm turning into an old softie. How humiliating.

Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2011 03:50 pm
@Roberta,
Oh, Robbie, that's good to read.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2011 03:58 pm
@Roberta,
Yay for supportive advisers who know the ins and outs and whos and wherefores! It's good to have outraged folks on your side.
Roberta

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 11:43 am
@JPB,
Back from Bellevue. Saw the asthma doc. Expressed my EXTREME concern about the anesthesia affecting my breathing permanently. She gave me steroids to be taken before and after. I can't take 'em during, cuz I'll be unconscious.

I had an hour of sleep. Maybe I should get some more. Whaddya think?

My art therapist had an exhibit of work by the 9/11 victims. Powerful and heart-breaking stuff. Raw emotion. I was especially taken with the drawing by a woman who'd been buried under the rubble for 26 hours. Also saddened by those with breathing problems. And several pictures of the Statue of Liberty covered in dust.

Rockhead

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 11:44 am
@Roberta,
one can't sleep too much.

that's my theory, and I'm stickin' to it...
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 02:46 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Back from Bellevue. Saw the asthma doc. Expressed my EXTREME concern about the anesthesia affecting my breathing permanently. She gave me steroids to be taken before and after. I can't take 'em during, cuz I'll be unconscious

Hey Boida, how long do they estimate the surgery to take? In a majority of mine I've had IV steroids immediately after surgery - but obviously not for breathing problems... wondering if that's possible for you.

Quote:

I had an hour of sleep. Maybe I should get some more. Whaddya think?

More is definitely worth it if you can...

Quote:

My art therapist had an exhibit of work by the 9/11 victims. Powerful and heart-breaking stuff. Raw emotion. I was especially taken with the drawing by a woman who'd been buried under the rubble for 26 hours. Also saddened by those with breathing problems. And several pictures of the Statue of Liberty covered in dust.

I would imagine that this was extremely weighty... do you know if there is anything online with the images, or was it a private exhibit?

(((((Boida))))))x

ossobuco

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 03:02 pm
@Izzie,
I like your art therapist.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 04:53 pm
glad it's done, too, B...

what lovely teeth you have.

((B))
0 Replies