Surgery--Again

Izzie

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2011 05:49 am
@Roberta,
Hello Boida

I would hazard a guess that they will be testing the adrenal gland function as you've been on a high dose of steroids for a while.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/hypoadrenalism.htm

So pleased you have a lovely dinner with your cousin Very Happy

Been thinking of you mucho

love ((((Boida)))) x
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 05:25 am
Violently sick last night. Vomiting, the runs, stomach pain, drooling, sweating to the extreme, and chills.

I threw on a jacket and fell on the bed. Not sure if I fell asleep or passed out.

I took my temperature this morning. 101.But I no longer feel sick.

This is the second time this has happened in a relatively short time.

I'll discuss it with my new internist when I see her.

Gonna try to relax for a while. Then I'm going back to sleep.

Took some Tylenol for the fever. Gotta take my regular assortment of meds before I hit the hay.

Out of kindness and sympathy to you readers, I omitted some of the more colorful moments. Feh.

And I'm out of ginger ale! Phooey.
sozobe

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 05:54 am
@Roberta,
Oy yikes Roberta!!!

When are you seeing the new internist?
Roberta

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 05:56 am
@sozobe,
November. But if it happens again, I'll go to the walk in clinic. A nightmare, but I'll get to see a doctor.
Roberta

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 06:18 am
@Roberta,
I'll also go to the walk-in clinic if this doesn't get better.
sozobe

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 06:51 am
@Roberta,
OK, good.

Hoping this gets better, quick.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 07:05 am
@Roberta,
Yikes!

Sounds brutal.

((( Boida )))
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 09:32 am
@Roberta,
Bugger. Hope you feel better when you wake up.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 12:01 pm
More yikes. Also, hard to deal with the walk in clinic when you feel well, much less when feeling like puking. Or when puking depleted.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 03:19 pm
JPB, It was brutal. Can't remember being that sick. What did I have to eat? Chicken. It looked good, smelled good, and tasted good. Don't know what made me sick.

deb, I woke up. I feel about the same. My temperature has plummeted to 100.2.

osso, No more puking. Just the hobbles.

I ate some crackers. No ill effect.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 03:37 pm
@Roberta,
Getting enough liquid now? (assuming you are dehydrated from all of the above, on top of the rest of it).
For once, maybe I won't mention chicken soup.
Roberta

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 03:51 pm
@ossobuco,
Getting a tremendous amount of liquid. Finished the ginger ale and moved on to water--by the bucket.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 03:55 pm
@Roberta,
Good..
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 03:59 pm
@Roberta,
Oh Boida - so sorry you are hobbling and been multi-coloured yawning. Nasty.

Yep, correlation between the two events? Hmmmmmm.

Can you get an appt with the new internist before NOV - that's flippin' otrageous!!!!

Lovin' you - <spraying you lysol as I hug you> (((((((((((Boida)))))))))))

so very sorry you are poorly x
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 05:11 pm
@Roberta,
Glad you're feeling a little better. Do you get bad results from the humidity? What with all the rain this past weekend I was wondering if that may have had any effect upon your health. The combo of the rain and then the lower temps can be torture on an already compromised health...or maybe just mine.

The other thing on the medical; although they don't like it and it can be a nuisance, just call and get an ambulance to deliver you straight away to the E.R.. Medicaid will cover it if I recall the matter correctly. Medicare covers partially, the balance ends up with a dunning service which will work a payment schedule. Either way, they get you in there and you can get the medical attention quicker if things turn worse.

Main thing is that you are feeling somewhat better and continue to improve.

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 08:43 pm
@Roberta,
Ginger ale is indeed soda of the gods! It's good that you are feeling much better Roberta.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 09:39 pm
@Roberta,
How's MIT du?

Hoping she's sleeping
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2011 11:30 pm
Sturgis, I don't know how the weather affects my health. I know for sure, though, that this summer hasn't been good for it.

I've been in ambulances and ERs. Just as soon not. Didn't think last night was the time. I could have been wrong.

I slept a little. Still have a fever.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with the throat doc. Not going. This is the doctor I waited five hours and 20 minutes to see. I don't think I could do it. And I don't think I should do it. I'll call to change the appointment. They'll probably give me something around November. Since the throat docs want to keep on eye on my "irregularity" every six weeks, my plan is to go to the front desk of the ENT unit and beg for a better appointment the next time I'm at the hospital (next week). I'm not a great beggar, but I can be persuasive.

No, Izzie, I can't get an appointment before November. If I coulda, I woulda.

I hate being sick all the time, but you knew that. I also hate being trapped in the morass that is a city hospital. No phone calls. No access to doctors. But I'm still alive (semi) and kicking (give or take).

I ate cottage cheese and eggs today. Not really interested in food, but a person has to eat. Neither had a bad effect. Out of ginger ale, tsar. Definitely missing it.

I'm trying to keep my work going. I'm falling behind. No energy.

I asked the company in India if they could do anything about getting me paid for the job I did last month. I'm guessing it will be October. Sigh.

Thanks for caring, guys. I'm grateful.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 03:03 am
@Roberta,
((B))
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2011 06:18 am
@Roberta,
((((((Boida))))))

yep, care much querida!

Hoping you are feeling better today and that you can get some more ginger ale, more energy... ya know...

love you goil x

(apols for late night spelling, again - effects of sleeping meds that aren't working) Embarrassed
0 Replies