msolga

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 11:08 pm
@Roberta,
So (my perennial question, Roberta) what was on the menu? Smile
dlowan

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 11:18 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

I'm camera shy. Had dinner with Stephen and Penny last week. No pics. I'm a pain in the ass.

So ain't. It's a poisonal thing. Man I am hungry...it's 2.47 pm and I ain't ate nuttin'.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 12:09 am
@msolga,
Stephen had a Greek salad and spinach pie. I had roast beef with mashed potatoes and spinach. Penny wasn't hungry.

Thomas and I are going to a jernt that opened recently in my neighborhood. Everything on the menu is steenkin' organic. But there are some interesting choices.
roger

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 12:12 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

I'm camera shy. Had dinner with Stephen and Penny last week. No pics. I'm a pain in the ass.

Keep standing your ground and holding your dominion. If you also have time to eat, so much the better.
Roberta

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 01:57 am
@roger,
Roger, ground stood. Dominion held.

No time to eat, but I'm eating anyway.

I'm on page 763 of a 1000 page book I'm editing. It has 500 tables. I'll eat if I wanna.
msolga

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 02:01 am
@Roberta,
That sounds pretty good to me, Roberta!
Good food & good company.
Is Penny not well?
I'd always thought she was a very hearty eater.

Quote:
Thomas and I are going to a jernt that opened recently in my neighborhood. Everything on the menu is steenkin' organic. But there are some interesting choices.

Ha, it'll do you good! Smile
Roberta

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 02:04 am
@msolga,
Penny is fine. I think she already ate. She and tsar were at the museum before they met me. She might have eaten there.

Organic. Like I care. But if it tastes good, I'm game.
msolga

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 02:21 am
@Roberta,
Hmmm ... it sounds like the tsar let her overdo the pistachio & chocolate chip ice creams during the afternoon & her appetite was ruined.
Well, you know about the tsar's thing about ice cream ...

Quote:
Organic. Like I care. But if it tastes good, I'm game.

I'll bet it'll be really good, Roberta.
Please report back, in full detail, after! Smile
Roberta

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 10:01 am
@msolga,
Olga, Some folks is mighty aggressive in the food info department. Not mentioning any names. Here's a link to the menu. I hope this tides you over until I'm able to report.

http://www.lepainquotidien.com/files/file/Core%20NY%20-%20Standard%20no%20price%20F.pdf

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 10:30 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Roger, ground stood. Dominion held.

No time to eat, but I'm eating anyway.

I'm on page 763 of a 1000 page book I'm editing. It has 500 tables. I'll eat if I wanna.

If this was the NY Marathon then Central Park is in sight! The end of the project is soon! Smile
Roberta

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 02:40 pm
@tsarstepan,
True, tsar. But the last part of the Central Park leg is uphill!

Back from linner with Thomas. What a good kid he is.

Ok, olga. He're what we had.

Thomas had carrot soup, a vegan vegetable quiche with mesclan greens, and a lemon tart. He also had three or four mint lemonades. He said they tasted like some kinda Cuban drink but without the rum.

I had a tartine of smoked salmon with cut leeks, sliced avocado and a small salad of meslan leaves, radishes tomato, and cucumber. For dessert I had a pistachio tart.

The service was good; the food was good. We'd both go back, especially now that our Italian restaurant has closed. Every time I turn around another neighborhood place is closing.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 02:52 pm
@Roberta,
Dammit on neighborhood places closing.

Pistachio tart.
Be still my heart.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 02:54 pm
@Roberta,
They changed their menu considerably since the last time I been there. The hummus and cheese platter I remember no longer exists.
Thomas

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 02:57 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:
He also had three or four mint lemonades. He said they tasted like some kinda Cuban drink but without the rum.

Mochito.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 04:31 pm
@Thomas,
Had a few of those while in Cuba. I Cuban I met in one of the squares took me to a bar he claims made the best mojito; I thought it was okay, but not the best.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 05:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
A cuban restaurant I used to frequent on Culver Blvd. in Mar Vista used to have "mojito" drinks, non alcoholic. Very risque..
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 05:32 pm
@Roberta,
Oh, that's a terrific menu, Roberta!
I could go mad there! Smile
And they include the number of calories in each dish! How enlightened.

(Me, I would have had trouble resisting the "Pain au Chocolat", even though it contained 300 calories. Some delicious indulgences are worth the pain. Wink )
msolga

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 05:40 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
Ok, olga. He're what we had.

Thomas had carrot soup, a vegan vegetable quiche with mesclan greens, and a lemon tart. He also had three or four mint lemonades. He said they tasted like some kinda Cuban drink but without the rum.

I had a tartine of smoked salmon with cut leeks, sliced avocado and a small salad of meslan leaves, radishes tomato, and cucumber. For dessert I had a pistachio tart.

The service was good; the food was good.

Thank you, Roberta.
Sorry for being such a nuisance about your eating-out adventures .... but your details are always so interesting!

Yum, that sounded very, very good!

Quote:
We'd both go back, especially now that our Italian restaurant has closed. Every time I turn around another neighborhood place is closing.

I hate it when that happens!
Especially when it's a favourite eating-out spot.
But losing quite a few of them is rather dismal.
A result of tough times & people eating out less, I suppose?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 05:43 pm
@msolga,
Hey, you're always welcome to come over here and try to resist. Your name tends to come up in people-I'd-like to-meet conversatons. A lot!
msolga

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 05:49 pm
@Thomas,
Thank you, Thomas.
Very kind of you to say such nice things. Smile

... and that Pain au Chocolat is very tempting! Wink
0 Replies