Tai Chi

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 04:28 pm
@Roberta,
Good to hear some good news!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 09:15 pm
@Roberta,
I suppose you record and sell your whistling rendition of The Battle Hymn of the Republic on iTunes and Amazon's MP3 store Roberta.

Make a pretty penny by selling it for 99 cents a shot. Smile
Roberta

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 11:20 pm
@tsarstepan,
Sounds like a plan. Don't know if I could ever duplicate the glorious dulcet tones from that spontaneous rendition. It's worth a shot.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 04:17 pm
@roger,
I like your plan, Roger: anticipatory worrying. Makes sense to me.
I'm not worried about Roberta. It seems to me that if she had something serious they would have found it by now. I have had a strong "productive" cough since last June (a year ago), and they have been treating me for the consequences to my esophagous of gerd. This week I just stopped coughing. I'm feeling very optimistic now, and am spreading that positivity to Roberta. There's no reason to fear dying (see my signature line) but living is so good.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 10:26 pm
JL, I appreciate your optimism--even if I don't share it.

The steroids have worn off. Still not breathing right. Seeing the asthma doc on Wed.

Back to work.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 01:50 am
I have such a toothache you shouldn't know from it. Inevitable.

I have three hospital appointments this week. The tooth will have to wait.

Hope you all had a nice weekend.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 04:57 am
@Roberta,
HoPefully your week and medical appointments will be fruitful yet use eventful this week Roberta.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 06:52 am
@Roberta,
Well damn.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 07:05 am
@Roberta,
Yeah, what Deb said, Roberta.
Damn.
You might try some clove oil to numb the pain till you can get to the dentist.
Too many appointments for one week, that's what I think!
Roberta

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 10:37 pm
@msolga,
Headed for Bellevue Wed a.m. to see the asthma doc. Something is not right. Don't know whether it's asthma or a throat problem. I miss dem steroids.

The tooth pain has subsided.
dlowan

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 10:46 pm
@Roberta,
Damn and good. The good is about the tooth.

Glad you are seeking help about whatever is not right with the breathing.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 12:41 pm
Going back on the steroids. If I can't sustain the improvement this time, the doc and the doc's boss conjecture that I might have suffered a permanent loss with this last attack.

We'll see.

There goes my appetite again. Gained four pounds from the last round of steroids.

sozobe

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 12:44 pm
@Roberta,
What are the downsides of staying on steroids?

My husband was on them for a very long time for asthma (he has recently stopped, asthma has gotten much better for unclear reasons but probably related to exercise/ fitness), it certainly wasn't optimum but it was not BAD either.

Is expense the main problem?
Roberta

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 12:55 pm
@sozobe,
The side effects of the steroids are a consideration. Cost is not an issue. I'm on Medicaid.

I asked about having another amnesia episode. Not likely. Manic. Obsessive. Can't stop eating. Feel unnaturally good. What other side effects? Not sure.
sozobe

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 01:01 pm
@Roberta,
Yes, it's the energy and appetite and unnatural-goodness that make me wonder if it'd be better if you just stayed on it. (Not to mention the better breathing part of the whole equation.)

The obsessive part isn't so great but maybe worth it on the balance? But that's only if there aren't other, worse side effects. Might be worth looking into.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 02:24 pm
@sozobe,
I hope the improvement is permanant. For some people, what is normally good aerobic exercise turns into an almost instant asthma trigger when the weather turns cold.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 02:31 pm
@roger,
Yeah, I'm one of those. Not often now but it's happened.

I think I'm glad you are going back on the steroids, Robbie.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 03:17 pm
@roger,
"Recently" = about a year ago, after having been on them for a LONG time but I can't remember for sure how long. I'm tempted to say 25-30 years (since asthma was first diagnosed), but steroids may not have been prescribed right away. So far so good through several seasons. Fingers crossed.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 03:28 pm
@Roberta,
You sound good goil.

Steroids will increase appetite and blood surgars. They will give you energy, your nails will grow longer and stronger... if they help, it's a balance - you need (if that's your will) to choose quality of life over quantity - and right now, the steroids will enhance your life.

I don't advocate steroids as I was on them very long term

If you feel better and reconcile yourself with it - GO FOR IT.

It's a delight that you feel good. So happy. Love you much (((Boida)))) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx