Surgery--Again

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 03:46 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
Wore a black pencil skirt (it fits), a shocking pink silk blouse (it fits), and a pair of earrings--black background with rounded stones of red, pink, orange, and gold.

Look out world! Roberta's out and about!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UgJT7XB2G0Y/TCAG7RRru4I/AAAAAAAAOdE/CE3j_9FGJ3o/s320/boop-ny15.jpg

The steroids always make BBB feel so much better and pain free too. It is too bad they are so destructive on the body with long term use. That's a difficult choice to ask people on steroids to make -- feeling good or being healthy.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 05:10 pm
Love Jimmy Durante, BBB. Hadn't thought of him in decades. Thanks muchisimo.

I mentioned that I would discuss one of the pictures I drew elsewhere. Here's the link (I hope).

http://able2know.org/topic/157944-13#post-4653996
dlowan

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 05:20 pm
@Roberta,
Wow!

Watch the money though.....we overspend when manic.

Man, you musta looked grand!

Good luck with the work!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 05:51 pm
Really wonderful to see you in such high spirits, Roberta.
And more work, too!
This has been a good day! Smile
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 07:39 am
Just finished a chapter that was 100 pages long and that had 100 tables. Bleary-eyed. I'm working too much. Getting something that may be a the equivalent of a bed sore. Ouch.

Tomorrow I get my throat checked. Noivous. In fact, I thought today was Monday, not Tuesday. When I realized that today is Tuesday and that tomorrow is throat day, I started to cry.

Yes, noivous, but I'm weary--of dealing with stuff. And dreading the wait. This was the place where I waited five hours.

Gotta try to sleep.

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 08:27 am
@Roberta,
Good luck with throat day.

Mind the tushie....you don't want a pressure sore!!!!

Hope you sleep.

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 11:47 am
Back from Bellevue. Wait time: 15 minutes.

I warned the young doctor that I was not going to be easy. I insisted that the head doctor see me, mainly because he's the only one who's seen me before. He knows what my throat looks like.

The young doctor said no problem. He then took me to see the doctor I saw the last time--the one who found the irregularity. It was agreed that pictures would be taken this time. Moved to another office. Mega production. The two docs already there. A student and another resident. Lights. camera. And when the head guy showed up, action.

Lots of activity. I had to do lots of stuff. Make noises. Sing, hum, whistle. I was choking with the camera down my throat. Coughing, coughing.

Verdict. No lesion. Things are not perfect. Swelling, irregular configurations. But the head guy says no lesion. I have to go back in six weeks. They're gonna take frequent looks at this.

I'm not going to art therapy this week. I may draw a picture anyway. Me with a thousand-pound weight being lifted off me.

Not officially cured yet, but I feel for the first time in a very long time that nothing is hanging over me.

I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I don't look worried.

Can it be?

JPB

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 11:56 am
@Roberta,
Wow! Great news, indeed. I can also imagine that your breathing is slightly improved with all that weight off your chest. Hurray for no hanging anvils!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 11:58 am
@Roberta,
Good re the short wait, good re their listening to you, good re the result.

<smiling>
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 12:44 pm
@Roberta,
That's a whole lot of good news packed into a shortish post. Hooray!
Roberta

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 01:27 pm
@sozobe,
Thanks, you guys.

soz, Shortish? I left out the part about the coughing, the sweating, the clamminess, and the head doctor insisting that they check my BP. Quite high. I waited, I rested. Lower, but still high for me.

Checked it when I got home. Higher than usual but well within normal range.

Coughing, tension, having a camera down my nose and in my throat, five people in the tiny room watching. Why should be BP be elevated?

Just as an aside, I had to hum. Then they asked me to whistle. I started whisling The Battle Hymn of the Republic. Why? Who the hell knows. By the end, they were all humming along.

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 01:45 pm
@Roberta,
Sounds like it was a song of victory!

Now, please take at least a few hours to relax, catch up on sleep and celebrate the good news before you go back to editing and crunching numbers in charts. (Not necessarily in that order.)
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 03:48 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Can it be?

Why yes, yes, IT CAN, it is, take your good moments and enjoy the most from them, darling Boida. So pleased for you. Love you goil. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Roberta

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 04:50 pm
@Izzie,
Butrfly, Whistled the Battle Hymn before I knew the results. Maybe I'm prescient. Thanks for the good advice. The numbers call. Those damned tables call. That thousand page manuscript calls. Hey, shut the hell up.

Izzie wrote:

Roberta wrote:

Can it be?

Why yes, yes, IT CAN, it is, take your good moments and enjoy the most from them, darling Boida. So pleased for you. Love you goil. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes, Izzie, it was a good moment. Looked in the mirror and looked a bit younger. It didn't last. I started worrying about money. I had to pay for the computer repair. I made sure to get one month of rent to the landlord (better than nothing). But I'm two months behind on my utility bills. Sigh. I hate this. HATE IT!

I'm going to take a Scarlet O'Hara approach to the bills. I'll worry about them tomorrow. Right now, I don't have cancer. Feels good.

(Yes, I know, I'm impossible. I'm genetically geared to worry. I drive myself nuts. But if I wasn't nuts, what fun would I be?)

dlowan

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 04:54 pm
@Roberta,
We worriers aren't happy unless we are worried about something.

Roberta

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 05:00 pm
@dlowan,
Debbele, A while back someone asked me if I was worried about dying. I said something like, "Worried about dying? When you're dead, you don't have anything to worry about. What kind of a life is that?"

I think that one made it to the Signature line thread. Not sure. But I remember saying it and making myself laugh and nod. I know whereof I come. And apparently you know whereof you come.
dlowan

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 05:13 pm
@Roberta,
Actually, I am better than I was. It's hard won, though. I had a good teacher, my father.....he was WAAAAAAAY woise than you.

And you have major stuff to worry about hinny......the worry don't help, but you got righteous cause.
Diane

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 07:06 pm
@dlowan,
And that's because she's a damn righteous woman.
Roberta

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 10:24 pm
@Diane,
Thanks, Di.

I doubt that I'll ever stop worrying, but I've learned to head myself off at the pass on occasion. I can actually anticipate what will make me worry and try to do something about it before it happens.

Mixed results.

Glad you've eased up a bit, bunny.

roger

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 11:03 pm
@Roberta,
Me too. I try to get at least half my worrying before there's even a reason. Saves trouble later.