Surgery--Again

dlowan

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2011 06:52 am
@Roberta,
Sorry to hear about the boithday....you're a star...but fully understand.

Sounds like you are working miracles with the jobs. Though it must be hell.

Thinking good thoughts re the throat.

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2011 08:29 pm
Woke up at ten p.m. Late even by my standards. I may postpone the throat appointment till next week.

I'll letcha know.
msolga

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2011 08:35 pm
@Roberta,
Are you feeling OK, Roberta?
Or perhaps (understandably) just very tired from all the editing work in such a rush?
Roberta

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2011 09:23 pm
@msolga,
The breathing is a bit better. Just exhausted.

I'll finished one editing job tonight (almost there). Then I can pay attention to the other one.

I've decided to postpone the throat appointment. Aside from my crazy hours, I've been taking too much stuff that irritate my throat. I need some time for that stuff to calm down.

I'll aim for next week.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2011 09:52 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
I'll finished one editing job tonight (almost there). Then I can pay attention to the other one.

http://i53.tinypic.com/iw5bid.jpg
This lil guy's quite proud of you and your hard working through all your troubles Roberta. Smile
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2011 09:53 pm
@Roberta,
Sorry to hear that. It'll prolong the anxiety....but I certainly get why.

I hope the work makes a dent in your money worries!

0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 01:00 am
@Roberta,
Darling Boida

Quite understand the need to postpone, your exhaustion is tangible from across the poind.

Try not to wear yourself out with worry - day at a time.

I had a thought, well, a story about the steroids. My PaPa has been pretty poorly of late – a viral cough for many months and possible onset of asthma... at 73years old Shocked they’ve put him on 30mg prednisolone for 14 days to see if that will help and to eliminate some things…ie asthma or infection - he’s had many tests done – spiro somethings and has to blow into tubes morning noon and night to check his levels – which have improved somewhat. He's really OK tho - just a nuisance ailment.

Anyhoo – we were talking on Sunday and he said he noticed immediately how dry is throat was at night – since taking the steroids and his cough is now a dry cough…

My PaPa doesn’t believe in docs or hospitals – so… must be bad for him to go see a consultant – he rattles, as do we, with the amount of pills he’s taking - BP, gout... etc

So, I guess what I’m trying to say is even tho the inhalers can also act as an irritant for your throat, that perhaps the steroids may be having an effect too on the dryness. Could maybe ask the doc.

Just a thought.

I’m having a steroid injection today – my doc wants me to take some short term blast steroids – but I’m being stubborn. Was on them for many years – and don’t wish to go down that road again, even temporarily. Hopefully the bahookie injection will help me get the lupus under control. I can’t work… can’t even use my camera right now – not properly anyhoo – am just existing at the mo. I miss talking to Bob about pain and the 1-10 scale – he did make me laugh, cranky poopity head that he was, and still is, somewhere out there. It's nice still to see his and Noddy's words.

Anyhoo – rambling – but… ya know, I just needed to tell you that you are loved and I’m thinking of you querida.

Love you (((((((((((((((((Boida))))))))))))))))) x

Ps on a good note – MaMa is 70 in a few days and PaPa is 74 in a few more days… they’re vacationing in Wales right now – will be having a great time fer sure.

Glad you’ve got some of the work under control.

Love you again. x
Roberta

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 01:14 am
@Izzie,
tsar, I'm proud that the little guy is proud. I'm sorta stunned. Sick. Computer down for a week. On time on one project, a day late on another. Not bad. The third project will be a doozy.

deb, Yes, on the one hand it will prolong the anxiety, but on the other if I wait, the anxiety will be lessened because much of the irritation will have subsided.

Izzele, The dry throat thing from the steroids is masked by all the other stuff. The mucous formation from the radiation will, I think, prevent me from ever having a dry cough. But it appears that everything affects my throat.

Sorry I can't be a help in the one to ten pain scale department. I have an unusually high tolerance for pain. Didn't know this until I had a recent talk with a doc. I only once reached a ten. He was stunned. I was surprised that he was surprised.

Hope that dear old dad does not have asthma. Wishing dear ole mum a very happy birthday. Wishing you some peace with the lupus. Hope the damned shot helps.

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 01:40 am
Hang in there, Roberta.
(though I don't blame you at all for finding it all too damn much to cope with, from time to time!)
So much on your plate at any one time .... and for so long.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 02:28 am
@Butrflynet,
I remember using a straw. Decided to save some root beer for the juicey sound it makes right at the end, and go for the ice cream. What happens? The downward force turned the ice cream into a perfectly sealed piston. Huge stream of root beer from the top of the straw. Wonder why I outgrew stuff like that.
Roberta

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 02:50 am
@roger,
olga, I'm hanging. I had to put a few things on hold that I need to turn my attention back to now that I'm almost seeing the light of day workwise. Sigh.

Roger, Because I make my root beer float with chocolate chip ice cream, the chips sometimes get caught in the straw. I blow through the straw and release the chip. Then I slurp some more.

It's always something.
Roberta

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 07:16 am
So I called Bellevue to reschedule the appointment for next week. I'm told by the Bellevue appointment service that they can't deal with the appointment and that I have to call ENT directly. So I call, and there's no answer.

So I call the Bellevue appointment service and they reschedule the appointment, not for next week but for next month.

Fine by me except for one little thing. The doctor I saw scheduled a biopsy for me before the date of the next appointment.

Edit: So I called the hopsital and got the number for the ENT clinic (not the number I was given). I got a machine and left a message. What are the chances that the message will get through?

Dunno. Not sure I care.

dlowan

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 09:41 am
@Roberta,
Nuttin ain't easy.
Roberta

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2011 04:13 pm
@dlowan,
Well, you could knock me over with a feather. The hospital called and changed my end-of-July appointment to a beginning-of-July appointment so that I get to see the doctor before the biopsy is scheduled. (The feather part is that they got back to me.)

The appointment is for next week.

Noivois again. Sigh.

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2011 04:28 pm
@Roberta,
I'm glad they are being a little proactive in their care for you, Roberta.

Go ahead and be nervous. You earned it.

Me, I'll just think good thoughts and figure you've just not been kvetching enough and have stored up all the stress in your throat.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2011 05:09 pm
@Roberta,
Halleluljah!!!!

Of course you're noivous.

Better over than dreaded though.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2011 02:27 am
Ah, yes. The joys of steroids.

First they help me breathe--good thing.
Then I get hungry. I don't mean, it's time to eat hungry. I mean if it ain't nailed down, it's potentially food hungry.
Now I'm getting manic. This would serve me well if the energy were directed at work. But the energy is directed at moving around--like rearranging and moving my trees at 3:30 in the morning.

I'm still too short of breath to do much heavy lifting. Just as well.

Chemicals.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2011 05:04 am
@Roberta,
How far can you shoot those chocolate chips?
Roberta

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2011 05:46 am
@roger,
How far do you want 'em shot?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 12:47 pm
Back from Bellevue. Saw both therapists. Drew two pictures, one of which is a defining moment. The other one I'll discuss elsewhere.

It was and is a glorious day. Cool, sunny, one white puff of a cloud slowly drifting.

From the hospital I went to the bank, the bakery, the candy store, and the supermarket. Walked. Amazing. Bought way too much stuff. I think the steroids are not just affecting how I am physically, but they may be influencing my emotional state. I don't usually feel this good.

Wore a black pencil skirt (it fits), a shocking pink silk blouse (it fits), and a pair of earrings--black background with rounded stones of red, pink, orange, and gold.

Now I gotta get to work. I accepted another job. Thud.