Surgery--Again

Roberta

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2010 10:38 am
@dlowan,
It was supposed to have begun yesterday. But I couldn't go. Rescheduled for October.

What's the pernt of walking if you can't breathe?
Roberta

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2010 08:31 am
So, with the stimulants I'm taking (inhaler, nebulizer), my blood pressure went up--from normal to borderline. Found my BP meds and popped one.

With the steroids I'm taking, I'm becoming manic again. Except I can't do anything without panting. I'm about to jump out of my skin.

Breathing is not significantly improved, but I feel that the cold is breaking up.

Food will be delivered Wed. evening. Looking forward to something that isn't a samwich.

Gonna try to get to therapy on Friday. Not just cuz I need it, but cuz I gotta get outta the steenkin' house.

Working on two jobs. One is an update on tax stuff. Gotta check many tables with numbers. Thud. The other is a book about a company in Japan. The artwork is in Japanese. I'm skipping the artwork.

C'est tout.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2010 10:44 am
@Roberta,
Roberta, I admire women who will never never never give up. You are one of them.

BBB
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2010 03:53 am
BP back to normal. Dem pills is magic.

Had an actual meal--Greek salad. The first vegetation I've had in almost two weeks. No stuffed grape leaves, but good anyway.

More real food tomorrow. I got shepherd's pie and curried chicken salad.

Coughing less. Still panting.

Sigh.
sozobe

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2010 06:08 am
@Roberta,
Thanks for the update... hooray for magical pills. And vegetation, vegetation is good.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2010 07:53 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

It was supposed to have begun yesterday. But I couldn't go. Rescheduled for October.

What's the pernt of walking if you can't breathe?

Blood oath!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2010 05:21 pm
Noticeable improvement.

Last week, after I took a bath, I was so out of breath from trying to dry myself off that I thought I might pass out in the bathroom. Doubled over and panting for air. Sweating like crazy.

That's when I thought it was time to go to the ER.

Took another bath today--with some trepidation (I'm going out tomorrow). Managed to get myself washed and dried with only a little panting. No sweating. No doubling over. No fear of passing out. Very short recovery time.

Just read what I wrote. I marvel at how our standards change. I'm worrying about recovering from taking a steenkin' bath.

Clean. A mecchiah.

Gonna see two therapists tomorrow. Also good. Aside from Thomas being here with the new phone/answering machine, I haven't seen or spoken to another human in over a week.

I hope dem therapists are taking their vitamins tonight.
JPB

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2010 05:23 pm
@Roberta,
Good news all around!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2010 06:58 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
Noticeable improvement.

Excellent news, Roberta! Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2010 05:51 am
@Roberta,
Well....gooder

Not poifect butgooder
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2010 02:09 pm
@Roberta,
Hello there Goil

how are you today?

love Boida... lots of it across the poind for you with MAHOUSIVE hugs xxxx
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2010 02:45 pm
Back from Bellevue.

All day yesterday I worried that I wouldn't be able to make my way up the exit ramp. Today I was out on the street before I realized I had walked up the exit ramp,

I left extra time to recover from getting dressed. Didn't need it.

So not only am I back from Bellevue, but I appear to be back back. I'm breathing in both directions again. To celebrate, I bought a pepper plant for three bucks.

I drew a couple of pictures today. Maybe I'll share them next week. (They take them to be photographed.)

Speaking of pictures, here's something from before I got sick.

This was a profound experience for me, so it takes a bit of explaining.

On the Beautiful Animals thread, I posted a photo of a South American condor soaring. Osso came along and posted a video of El Condor Pasa. I was moved my it. I decided to watch a video of a bird soar.

I poked around on YouTube and randomly selected a video of a bald eagle. I started to watch, and I gasped. Why? Because the eagle, on a high rock, spread it's wings and was airborne. No flapping. Instantly in flight. Gasp-making. I couldn't recall seeing that before. Usually a bird makes a directional flap. Something. Not this boid. Just spread your wings and fly. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDl9sefb2E4

I reacted powerfully and deeply. An epiphany. I wanted with all my heart and all my soul to give that eagle human consciousness--to enable it to understand what it was doing. What it could do. Float on the air. I was moved. Overwhelmed.

I drew a picture. The eagle and I are one. I am that bird's consciousness. I understand what it's (we are) doing. I drew a Roboida boid.

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz72/Riman18/RobertaBird.jpg

On the conscious level, this is what I wanted to do. On the unconscious level, this is how I wanted (and continue to want to feel). I'm having my throat checked next week. I want to walk out of Bellevue and soar.

Izzie

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2010 03:11 pm
@Roberta,
You sound good goil Very Happy

raising a cuppa to the Raboida Boid

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/whatever/DSC01797.jpg

from th'iz boid Wink

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/whatever/DSC01798.jpg

((((Boida))))
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2010 05:10 pm
@Roberta,
Wow. I love that eagle connection.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 01:05 am
Getting my throat checked Tuesday a.m.

Terrified. It's been too long.
msolga

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 01:33 am
@Roberta,
That's tomorrow, Roberta?
Let me know the NYC time & I'll be focusing extra hard on a really good outcome for you ... at the exact time of your consultation.

(I'm not in the least bit surprised you're very apprehensive. Good luck!)
JPB

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 07:37 am
@Roberta,
Thinking good thoughts for some good news!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 10:51 am
Me too, me too.
Izzie

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 10:53 am
@ossobuco,
me three, me three...
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 12:22 pm
@Roberta,
Here's some lunch for when you get back home:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b8/Bowl_of_chicken_soup.jpg

and for dessert, some chocolate honey cake.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v479/dknywbg/october%2005/chocolatehoneycake.jpg

There's enough so you can share with others or keep the leftovers for dinner.
0 Replies