Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 11:11 pm
@Thomas,
no offense...

you're a good egg.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 03:55 pm
Awake and about the same.

Feeling a little discouraged. I know this takes time. But I'd like to be able to walk across the room without panting.

Gonna try to get some work done later. I need a distraction--and money.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 03:25 pm
Foist, I'm feeling a tad better today. Not great, but a tad better is better than not a tad better.

Second, the kid supremo, the mensch, Thomas just left. I can't be without an answering machine. I need it for work. He said he couldn't find a normal answering machine, so he brought me a new phone system. Fancy shmancy. Wireless handset. I could walk around the room and talk if I could walk--and talk.

He fixed it up just the way I like it. Not only that but he brought his own refreshments. Diet Cokes. Even if I had diet, it wouldn't be Coke. This was after running four miles in some kinda race. What a guy.

I think I've got the answering machine part figured out. It's making calls that remains a question mark. I'm gonna practice.

Now I'm gonna take my morning array of meds (only four pills), wait an hour, and eat.

ehBeth

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 03:28 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta and the Kid Supremo.

Sounds like some kinda 1940's movie.
Roberta

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 03:35 pm
@ehBeth,
I get top billing? I like it.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 04:04 pm
@Roberta,
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_94wGm5Prdv0/SavyybiV_EI/AAAAAAAAA_A/ftfsYpECR30/s400/1748-Joan+Crawford,+Garfield+Humoresque.jpg

Roberta and The Kid discuss answering machine options.

Roberta is not convinced that new is always better.

The Kid looks serious.
Roberta

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 04:26 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_94wGm5Prdv0/SavyybiV_EI/AAAAAAAAA_A/ftfsYpECR30/s400/1748-Joan+Crawford,+Garfield+Humoresque.jpg

Roberta and The Kid discuss answering machine options.

Roberta is not convinced that new is always better.

The Kid looks serious.

Roberta is never convinced that new is better. The Kid looks serious and wants to take a whack at Roberta. But the old broad is tough. She might whack him back.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 07:33 am
@Roberta,
Quote:
Foist, I'm feeling a tad better today. Not great, but a tad better is better than not a tad better.

That's very good to hear, Roberta. I hope, by the time you read this, you're feeling even better still!

Quote:
Second, the kid supremo, the mensch, Thomas just left. I can't be without an answering machine. I need it for work. He said he couldn't find a normal answering machine, so he brought me a new phone system. Fancy shmancy. Wireless handset. I could walk around the room and talk if I could walk--and talk.

He fixed it up just the way I like it. Not only that but he brought his own refreshments. Diet Cokes. Even if I had diet, it wouldn't be Coke. This was after running four miles in some kinda race. What a guy.

Indeed. What a guy!
Thomas, you're wonderful. Smile
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 07:13 am
Still not significantly better. Feeling like a prisoner.

Today I was supposed to go for the physical therapy appointment I waited three months for. Can't go.

Sigh.

Hoping I can get another appointment before Christmas (of 2010).

Sigh again.
msolga

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 07:26 am
@Roberta,
Very sorry to hear this, Roberta.
Especially after your previous posts, which suggested you were (slowly) getting better.
Is this also causing problems with your sleep & your ability work?
(I'm sorry about you having to miss that appointment you've waited so long for, too. Sigh.)
Roberta

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 07:46 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Very sorry to hear this, Roberta.
Especially after your previous posts, which suggested you were (slowly) getting better.
Is this also causing problems with your sleep & your ability work?
(I'm sorry about you having to miss that appointment you've waited so long for, too. Sigh.)

olga, I'm better than I was but not sufficiently better to consider myself better. I still can't do most things without panting. Meal making is a challenge.

My sleep has been greatly affected. I can't breathe when I lie down, so I've been trying to sleep semi-sitting-up. Now have a stiff neck and a sore shoulder.

I can work in short spurts. I'm behind on both projects.

I'm hoping that the cold will simply run its course and be gone along with the asthma.

Thanks for the sigh. Missing that appointment is a biggie.

BTW, I'm starting to hear Gregorian chants coming from my Nebulizer (breathing machine). I think I've been inside a bit too long.
msolga

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 07:49 am
@Roberta,
Aw you poor thing.
This sounds much more serious than I'd realized earlier, Roberta.
Please don't push yourself too hard.
Roberta

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 08:37 am
@msolga,
If I haul ass to the emergency room, it's serious. Still amazed that I wasn't admitted.

Not pushing myself too hard. I can't. It ain't an option.

I got another appointment. End of October.

Thanks for asking and caring. I'm gonna try to get some sleep. With any luck, I'll lie on my other side and get a stiff neck and shoulder on both sides.

I always like to feel balanced.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 09:01 am
@Roberta,
Each time I check in for you, I hope you are getting better. Thinking of you.

BBB
Roberta

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 09:17 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Thanks, BBB. I'm hoping you're ok too.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 09:25 am
@Roberta,
After a year, I'm finally recovering enough that I can resume some of my usual activities---like getting ornery on A2K. Twisted Evil

BBB
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2010 02:37 am
Not 100 percent sure, but I think I'm a bit better. Not significantly better, but better than yesterday. Patience is not one of my virtues, but I'm hanging in.

May try to go to the market tomorrow. I need to eat something other than a samwich. Assuming I can prepare something other than a samwich. We'll see.

dlowan

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2010 03:17 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Not 100 percent sure, but I think I'm a bit better. Not significantly better, but better than yesterday. Patience is not one of my virtues, but I'm hanging in.

May try to go to the market tomorrow. I need to eat something other than a samwich. Assuming I can prepare something other than a samwich. We'll see.

Eat doll ink!!!!
Roberta

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2010 05:53 am
@dlowan,
Just ordered some prepared foods from FreshDirect. Expensive, but cheaper than ordering from a restaurant.

I think I can manage to turn on the stove. Also ordered stuff I was gonna get from the supermarket. Saved myself a trip--I think.

Thanks for stopping in amidst your travels. Always uplifting to see da bunny.
dlowan

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2010 09:49 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Just ordered some prepared foods from FreshDirect. Expensive, but cheaper than ordering from a restaurant.

I think I can manage to turn on the stove. Also ordered stuff I was gonna get from the supermarket. Saved myself a trip--I think.

Thanks for stopping in amidst your travels. Always uplifting to see da bunny.

Hey...hasn't the physical therapy supposed to have begun?

Not that that helps asthma

((((((((((((((((((((((((((Boida)))))))))))))))))))))