@Roberta,
Hi Roberta! Smile

This poor elephant deserves a break!
Enough already!

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz72/Riman18/catandbrokenelephant.jpg
sozobe

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 05:51 pm
@Roberta,
Is it a stripey cat breaking an elephant figurine?
msolga

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 05:55 pm
@sozobe,
It looks like some sort of nasty, overbearing tabby crane to me, soz! Wink
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 06:45 pm
@msolga,
http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz72/Riman18/catandbrokenelephant.jpg

I suspect we would caption it, "oops", whereas the cat is thinking, "okay -- now that I've got your attention..." Very Happy
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 09:32 pm
I'm sure that those who have cats have seen this. The cat is sitting next to something on a table. The cat takes one paw and very delicately and tentatively taps it. It moves a quarter of an inch. Then another tap. Another tap. Another tap. Eventually the thing falls on the floor. The cat invariably looks down in surprise. Gravity! Shocked What a concept. The cat head in the picture is the view you get if you're above the cat. It's the shape I pictured before I started drawing--a half circle and two triangles.

I was fantasizing about having a pet again. The last picture I posted showed me thinking about a bird and a bird sitting on an elephant. This is me picturing what would happen if I had a cat. The elephant collection would have to go back into the box. True. I can't even fantasize without finding the downside.

I am now reminded of our beloved parakeet (budgie) Billie. My mother had a porcelain cup and saucer collection. Billie loved to sit on the edge of the cups. One by one the cups broke. Things got especially bad when I would play Elvis Presley's Don't Be Cruel, Billie's favorite song. She'd start chirping and hopping around. Cup after cup--crash after crash. Until this moment, I didn't wonder why my mother didn't take away the cups. Very tolerant of a boid.

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 08:30 am
I had to cancel the throat appointment. I've having major asthma problems. I'm going to the emergency room at Bellevue. My friend Sheila will meet me there.

I don't know whether I'll be admitted or not. Just wanted you guys to know where I am in case I don't post for a few days.

Fie, phooey, and feh.
Izzie

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 08:37 am
@Roberta,
((((((((Boida))))))))

holding your hand goil, will be thinking of you and sending healing wishes across the poind x

<ditto fie, phooey, and feh>

0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 08:38 am
@Roberta,
phooey!

glad you're going to the ER though.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 10:20 am
@Roberta,
Oh yikes!

This extended dry spell has made for some really horrible air around here, I think you guys are in similar straits. Thanks for letting us know, hope it turns out to be easily solvable.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 10:29 am
@Roberta,
ick!

glad you're going to ER

nasty bad air out there
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 10:35 am
Be well, Roberta. Phooey on asthma.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 01:33 pm
Well, damn. Hope the ER has you feeling better quickly.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 04:09 pm
Back. I'm not sure I should have been released. But I was given a shitload of meds to take. Waiting for prescriptions to be filled.

Glad to be home. Believe it or not, I don't like being in hospitals.

Chest X-ray. Not pneumonia. Good.

I said a plain old cold with some kinda infection. I had a fever. A former doctor of mine told me that a cold could kill me. I don't think I was near death. But I was definitely near dropping dead. Huh? Took a bath this morning. I was out of breath and panting just drying myself off. I mean panting gasping for air. Sweating.

Managed to get dressed. More panting. Made some phone calls. No panting. Managed to get downstairs. Lots of panting. Had to stop three times to catch my breath just getting to the elevator. Doorman got me a cab. Sheila got me a wheelchair.

My art therapist met us at triage. Straight through.

A volunteer got me out in a wheelchair.

Could not walk two blocks from the drugstore to my building. Took a cab. Happy to be home.

Feh.

Thanks to you all for writing and expressing concern. I'm a colossal pain in the patoot. Whoever came up with the expression, "It's always something," had me in mind.

Another feh.
Izzie

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 04:17 pm
@Roberta,
glad you're back in the home comfort zone and had meds...

even moreso that you went to the ER and Sheila an therapy lady were there - what a great threegals you make.

will check in on you in the morning before i head out...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... yes, why is there always something - boring and no drama would be FAB for a while

love you goil xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ((((((((((((((((Boida)))))))))))))))

pls, if you feel poorly, call a cab and get you to that ER, pls.

love love xx
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 04:17 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:
...A former doctor of mine told me that a cold could kill me.

I am laughing my ass off at this line, Boida! Didja kick him to the curb for that?
littlek

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 04:22 pm
Glad you're home (I think). Keep us posted! Will Sheila be checking in on you?
Roberta

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 04:24 pm
@Eva,
No, Eva. I haven't kicked anyone in decades, especially petite ladies like my doc.

This was a cold. If I'd waited longer, it could have been far more serious. I think she was right in an exaggerated, don't ignore it, kind of way.

Sometimes a pig bladder bopping you on the head is not a bad thing.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 04:24 pm
@Roberta,
Feh indeed. If there's anything I can help you with, don't be shy to call.
Roberta

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 04:26 pm
@littlek,
littlek, I will keep you all posted.

I don't know if Sheila will be checking in. I expect so. Right now I gotta check in with her.

Then I'm gonna have breakfast.
Izzie

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2010 04:40 pm
@Roberta,
Following your lead... little step little step

http://www.ramblestrip.com/cheetah_02.jpg

night goil x