Surgery--Again

Izzie

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 05:09 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

I made a boxing glove, a chicken, and a hammock out of clay.

Can you guess what we were talking about?

Hey Boida

Gonna punch the bad stuff away (boxing glove), not gonna be scared (chicken) and time to rest now, it's done (hammock) Razz

How ya doing goil? Physio starts soon right? Have you been able to walk a little further or are the legs still not co-operating.

as you know, been thinking of you, talking about you and taking your inspiration to FQsis - schmancers messing with the wrong gals! Very Happy

Let us know how you're getting on

Big love, big hugs xxxx
Roberta

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 05:43 am
@Izzie,
Well, I was talking about beating people up. Not considered civilized. Not the thing to do. Phooey. I get out my beating up feelings by pounding chicken. Take that you boid. (I loved beating people up when I was little.)

I actually starting hitting the person I drew (the one with the black eye) with the boxing glove. I hit the damned thing so hard I think I dented one of the prongs in my ring.

Violent? Angry? Who? Moi? Don't be silly.

Yes, Izzie. Physio starts soon. Also a friend of mine once had the same problem. She made a suggestion. I'm gonna follow her advice. We'll see.

Sending good wishes to FQ and you.

And if you see me coming, don't worry. I haven't hit anything but a dead chicken in a long time.
Izzie

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 05:54 am
@Roberta,
Hey, next time you beat up that chook, give it a slam for FQ too Wink

I know anger can be unhealthy at times, but ya know, it's kinda healthy too - I reckon we've all got a little anger on the inside and it's just how you let it out that matters - can be positive or negative - but your way is the right way...

me, I see me picking my camera up soon to go and get some of the inside crahp out... FQ got a little angry yesterday, there's prolly a lot more to come.

Part of the process so they say - I know you know more about these feelings - really tho Boida, you do inspire and that inspiration is reaching out to others in many directions right now - funny (not haha funny) how things happen tho!

I hope your friends suggestion will help you - will be egging you on thru physio - of course, did the chicken come before the egg or t'other way round - doesn't matter - we can throw eggs too if the legs won't work - but seriously hoping, with a high hoper that I borrowed from a goil, that we will egg you on with a positive vibe.

Love ya goil x
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 07:20 am
@Roberta,
I thought you might be expressing anger, but i was too scared to say anything!!~
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 07:25 am
If I was gonna hit somebody, it wouldn't be you guys. Unless you piss me off.
Izzie

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 04:14 am
@Roberta,
Hey Goil

How's things in Noo Yawk?

How ya doin?

Hugs ((((Boida)))) x
Roberta

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 06:29 am
@Izzie,
I'm going through a bad patch. Tired of being tired. Tired of having to deal with stuff, take care of stuff, handle stuff. Tired of being a grown-up.

Anybody want to adopt an overage orphan? I'm not gonna lie and say I won't be any trouble at all. I'll be a lot of trouble. But what else have you guys got to do?

I think this was one of my better kvetches. Kvetching in a semisypathetic way. Whaddya think?

((Izzie))

And a hug to everybody else ((Everybody else))
Swimpy

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 10:52 am
@Roberta,
{{{Roberta}}} Get some rest, Kid.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 09:57 pm
@Roberta,
Wunderbar kvetch!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 10:08 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
I'm going through a bad patch. Tired of being tired. Tired of having to deal with stuff, take care of stuff, handle stuff. Tired of being a grown-up.

I understand how you must feel, Roberta.
You've been doing this for so long now.
I marvel at your resilience & your spirit, really I do. You're incredible. I mean that.
Every now & then you're allowed to fall in a little bit of a heap.

Quote:
Anybody want to adopt an overage orphan?

OK!
You're on! Smile
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 04:00 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Hey Boida

If I could stomp my feet for you right now, I would.

Pants being a grown up all the time a? - it's all still there in your head, the kid side of you, the want to do something, but the body doesn't co-operate and maaaaaaaaaan, that get's tiring.

Kvetch away, querida!

When does the phsyio start - this week sometime?????????

Now, your physio will be used to lots of folk having a good gripe - tell 'em how you really feel - they are there to get your body moving again but oftentimes, they will listen too.

Did you go do art on Friday?

Thinking of you and wishing you stronger, less tired and more able.

Now, go stomp for a little bit.

By the way, one of the kitties bought a Hoibie in - Hoibie obviously got out of the jaws of whichever mousetrap on legs - coz there's some mice poop in the wine rack Shocked

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb248/dietje-bucket/drinken/drunk-mouse.gif

need to go and investigate.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... better than yesterday tho when my folks pulled the shed down at the bottom of the garden - it's right next to the river - **cking gert rat went for a dive (his choice).

Love and hugs goil ((((((((((((Boida))))))))))))) x

Roberta

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 06:28 am
@Izzie,
Deb, Glad you liked the kvetch. It's a gift.

olga, I appreciate your offer, but you're too damned far away.

Izzie, Not kvetching about my body so much as just having to deal with things. Problems with appointments at the hospital (don't wanna go into it) and other stuff that requires phone calls and just, well, dealing with stuff.

The physio starts in two weeks. In the meantime a friend of mine told me that the same thing happened to her a few years ago re walking. She told me what she did. I'm gonna try it. Can't hoit. I'll fill you in if it works.

I can assure you that the physio people will hear at least the same amount of kvetching as everybody else does.

Yes, saw the art therapist on Friday. I drew a yellow circle with yellow points coming out of the rim. A sun. Drew gray points in between the yellow ones. (It's never sunny all the time.) Drew a green dollar sign right in the middle of the sun. I liked the way it looked.

Good luck with your Hoibie. Dem voimins is everywhere. Your kitty reminds me of a poem I wrote about the late lamented Mikey. Duck. Here it comes.

Mikey's big
And Mikey's strong.
He's got lots of feline potential.
But I'm sad to say that Mikey's flawed.
The problem is rodential.
He catches mice
Then lets them go.
This makes my temples throb.
Cuz catching mice and keeping them
Is is one and only job.
So get your fuzzy butt to work,
You little feline creep.
Catch those mice and don't let them go.
At least try to earn your keep.

I'm hoping, Iz, that you'll be able to do a proper foot stomp in the not too distant future. Phooey.

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 10:48 am
Back from Bellevue. Saw the psychiatrist--not the two therapists, but an actual MD. Wise man. I'm in a funk. Not as funkified as I used to be, but not great either.

Saw the social worker. Found out that I'm eligible for dental visits under Medicaid as long as my provider takes Medicaid. My regular dentist doesn't. Also found out from this wonderful child (the social worker) that free transportation is available to me now that I'm a Medicaid patient. Home to hospital and hospital to home. Free! No walking. No cabs.

Saw the head of the Cancer Clinic. A wonderful woman. She fixed an appointment for me with the ENTs. I'm long over due for a throat check-up. The earliest I could get was December. The earliest she could get me was next week.

I need a nap.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 10:52 am
@Roberta,
Brava!

Now rest..
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 01:41 pm
@Roberta,
Good work!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 11:05 pm
Had my first free ambulette ride today. Unfortunate to be in the same car with an angry bitter idiot. The United States is the worst country in the world. He's entitled to his opinion. I disagreed. The only thing that's important here is money. He's entitled to his opinion. The Jews are behind it all. Not one Jew was killed in the World Trade Center. The driver and I disagreed. People of all religions were killed on 9/11. He persisted. I told the driver to stop. I wanted to get out. I'd take a cab the rest of the way. The driver told Mr. Wonderful to shut up. He shut up. I stayed in the car.

The social worker was concerned that I wouldn't want to use the service anymore. I assured her that free was worth some unpleasantness. There was always the chance of being in the same car with an idiot. Doesn't mean it will be unpleasant every time.

I requested the return of one of my drawings from a few weeks ago. The same week I drew the boid and the elephant. I made this drawing at home. This is a what-you-see-is-what-you-get kinda drawing. Of course, I'm assuming that you know what you're seeing.

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz72/Riman18/catandbrokenelephant.jpg

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 09:08 am
@Roberta,
The only thing you can do when an idiot imposes on you is to start singing America The Beautiful---loudly!

BBB
dyslexia

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 09:25 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
or simply ignore them.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 09:39 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz72/Riman18/catandbrokenelephant.jpg

It's got a Paul Klee or a Joan Miro vibe going on.
http://i53.tinypic.com/97tys3.jpg
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 01:51 pm
BBB, Singing is out of the question. I can barely talk.

dys, Ignoring went on for blocks. There's only so much a goil can take.

tsar, Thanks for the elevated comparsons. But this is a straightforward, representational picture. Nothing fancy.