Surgery--Again

Roberta

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 04:30 pm
Last night I went over the section of this thread when I was having the brain surgery. I remember almost nothing from that time.

I'm touched, moved, and overwhelmed with emotion at what was going on here. Scarves. Cat avatars. Daily messages of concern. Makes me tear up even now.

I don't remember the pain. The sleeping problems. The lack of appetite. Nothing. Must be the meds I was on. Washed away all memories.

I did notice that I kvetched about pain almost daily. Then someone asked me if I was in pain, and I said no. What pain. Yup, coherent as ever.

Thank you from the bottom of my kvetchy heart.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 04:37 pm
@Roberta,
Ah, love.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 05:46 pm
@Roberta,
Ahhhhh (((((((((((Boida))))))))))))) - sleep big tonight - night goil... x

night Osso - you too, big sleep later x
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 03:22 am
I'm having a brain MRI and seeing the neurologist Tuesday afternoon. Noivous.
Izzie

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 04:05 am
@Roberta,
Hey Boida...

yep, noivewracking ... have you got a list of questions written down to ask the neurologist?

Think colours when you have the MRI - lots of peaceful greens and pale blues, some hints of poiple - close your eyes and breathe deep and slow.

((Boida))
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 04:42 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

I'm having a brain MRI and seeing the neurologist Tuesday afternoon. Noivous.

Be thinking of you.
msolga

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 04:45 am
@dlowan,
As will I, Roberta.

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 02:25 pm
Back from Bellevue. Good news. My brain is doing well. No spreading of the tumor and no "friends" of the tumor.

I go back in six months for another check-up.

I saw two docs, and they both concur that the brain surgery and gamma knife thing have nothing to do with my legs being nonfunctional. The higher up doctor suggested it might be the thyroid. Of course the thyroid doc said it was the gamma knife.

What it berls down to is that nobody knows.

I'm gonna celebrate. Do I order in something tasty? Or do I run the air-conditioner for a while? I think I'm gonna go with the something tasty. The problem with the AC is if I turn it on, I may not be able to turn it off.

Sighing big time. Smiling too.
littlek

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 02:27 pm
@Roberta,
Congrats! How about you GO somewhere with air conditioning to enjoy something tasty?
Roberta

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 02:30 pm
@littlek,
That's an excellent thought, k. But I'm too tired to walk anywhere. At this point, that includes across the room.
littlek

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 02:33 pm
@Roberta,
Aw.... I hope you have something tasty nearby then.
Roberta

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 02:34 pm
@littlek,
Delivery. I have stacks of menus. I think I can make it to the door. I'll take a nap.
littlek

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 02:36 pm
@Roberta,
Oh nap! I want one!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 02:37 pm
@Roberta,
That's wonderful!

Tasty does it..
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 02:58 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Back from Bellevue. Good news. My brain is doing well. No spreading of the tumor and no "friends" of the tumor.

This is fabulous news Very Happy

Quote:
I saw two docs, and they both concur that the brain surgery and gamma knife thing have nothing to do with my legs being nonfunctional. The higher up doctor suggested it might be the thyroid. Of course the thyroid doc said it was the gamma knife.

What it berls down to is that nobody knows.

This is frustrating as heck! Confused

Quote:
I'm gonna celebrate.
Sighing big time. Smiling too.

Celebrate with something tasty and have a good rest Boida.

I wish you had the answers re. the legs - but for today, celebrate the good brain news. Very pleased for you... more than I could tell you.

<Talk about the leg thing tomorrow>

So glad you will be seeing the wabbit and other A2Kers soon too - that will hopefully give you a lift - wish i could be there with you - so long to meet you and sit a talk face to face - i think for once i would be quiet and just wanna listen to you Very Happy Going to take lots of pics of Mum&DadPads visit over here (if that's OK with them) and share a little of London Town with you...

Love

(((((Boida))))))
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 04:23 pm
@Roberta,
That's wonderful news, Roberta!
So happy to hear it!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 04:29 pm
@Roberta,
Wonderful!!!!! Frabjous!

So...what they gonna do about the legs already?

What you eating?
Roberta

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 09:29 pm
@dlowan,
Don't know what I'm gonna do about my legs, deb. Fact is, my arms are now starting to bother me. Sigh.

I begin physical therapy in September.

Food? I ordered Japanese.

Amazing fresh garden salad with a zingy, zesty dressing.

Tempura shrimp and veggies. My mouth was watering for the sliced sweet potato tempura style. Tres delish.

I have enough left of everything for another meal. I have to figure out how to reheat the tempura without it getting soggy or too dry. Should be my biggest problem.

I'm almost falling over from fatigue. I walked four blocks today (from the MRI place to the hospital). It took me almost 20 minutes. Maybe I'll go to sleep before the sun comes up. There's a first time for everything.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 09:34 pm
@Roberta,
Please yell about this extensively. I know it's scary, but protocol and politeness be damned.

Signed, west coast bitch.

Don't be timid.
Roberta

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 10:04 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Please yell about this extensively. I know it's scary, but protocol and politeness be damned.

Signed, west coast bitch.

Don't be timid.

osso, I have never been timid. Not in the past, not now, not in the future. I don't give a flying **** about politeness and protocol.

Whom do you suggest I yell at? Unnamed doctors I can't reach on the phone? On the rare occasions when I've had a name, I still couldn't reach them on the phone.

I'm starting physical therapy in a few weeks. If it doesn't help, I'll make an appointment ahead of schedule (if I can get one) with my internist.