Surgery--Again

Roberta

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2010 08:57 am
@dlowan,
I'd still have to make the soup! I'm not turning the stove on.

And chicken soup ice ain't much of a comfort. But it's an interesting thought. Thanks.
djjd62

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2010 09:00 am
@Roberta,
maybe a nice gazpacho , with a dollop of sour cream

0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 05:45 pm
@Roberta,
Going to be now goil...

before I go, thinking of you

hoping you'll be artistic tomorrow and to catch up with you then...

love you Boida... xxxx

night (((R))) x

<yawns and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's)
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 05:57 pm
@Izzie,
Goodnight izzie! Sweet dreams.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2010 05:58 pm
@Roberta,
How about a big bowl of Kashi cereal and milk? No stove required....
Roberta

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2010 03:58 am
@tsarstepan,
Not exactly chicken soup.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 03:52 am
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:

Going to be now goil...

before I go, thinking of you

hoping you'll be artistic tomorrow and to catch up with you then...

love you Boida... xxxx

night (((R))) x

<yawns and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's)

I drew a couple of pictures, Izzie. One was a philodendron. On one side the leaves were large and dark green. On the other side the leaves were small and light green. There was a gigantic sun with beams hitting the plant.

I don't think I can really describe the second one. It's a fairly simple picture, but the context is personal. This is, after all, therapy. Without the context, the picture is meaningless. Sorry, kid. I will say that I loved it. Made me smile. And I ultimately looked at it and said, "HAH!"
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 04:46 pm
Time to get my brain checked. Got a call to confirm the appointment. Don't have an appointment. Did I get an appointment for the MRI? No point in seeing the doctor without the MRI. No appointment for anything. Does this sound familiar?

I have a few questions for the doctor, should I actually get to see him.

Then I gotta get my throat checked. Have an appointment to get my thryoid checked. This bodily maintenance is like a full-time job. The only thing that doesn't make me noivous is the thyroid.
Izzie

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 06:01 pm
@Roberta,
More appointments... do you have a diary? I use my phone... it's not often switched on tho.

Thinking of you too and "hang in there kid"

How'd you go? No details - but did you feel good - an awakening of any sort, a closure of anything... colours.

going to bed... very tired... worn

love you goil - hugs (((((((Boida))))))))
ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 06:10 pm
@Izzie,
Hi, you guys and goils.

I've just this year moved along to keeping my appointments in my online Calendar. The trick of course is to look at it, which some sixth sense makes me do once in a while. Of course, I don't trust myself, so I also tape them to the bathroom door.

But I take it this wasn't Roberta being remiss, it's the system again, right?

Not all that long ago I had to account for every second I spent on a design job, for billing/defense purposes, and also for future time estimates re similar projects.
That was one of my least favorite things to keep track of. Pffft.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 11:08 pm
Re the appointment, this is the same group that had a bunch of doctors waiting for me to perform the gamma knife procedure and never bothered to tell me about it. I am very careful with my schedule, and I've never missed an appointment. I don't keep a calendar on the computer. I have one made out of paper. It's with me wherever I go.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 12:23 am
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:

How'd you go? No details - but did you feel good - an awakening of any sort, a closure of anything... colours.

love you goil - hugs (((((((Boida))))))))

Had a bit of a breakthrough. Drew a few pics. We were discussing a variety of things, including feeling in control. Then I drew a doodle I used to doodle all the time (very complex and symmetrical--also very controlled). Then I drew a horse. Huh? Yup. A horse? I love horses, but that's not relevant to what we were discussing. A horse? When you're riding a horse, you're controlling a very big and powerful animal. Then I got off on a tangent of remembering the joy of riding in the mountains, through the woods. A glorious sensory experience.

This art therapy is amazing. I find myself thinking in images on occasion. They need to me drawn and analyzed. Powerful and pithy. A picture can replace a thousand words.

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 10:12 pm
Went to the hospital today for a checkup. Cholesterol--under control. BP--fantastic (without medication). Heart--OK. Legs--still not operational. I told the doctor that I had an appointment for physical therapy in September. He was stunned that I got one so fast.

Thursday, I'll be back at the hospital to have my thyroid checked. Also to get the results of my bone density test and my chest X-ray.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 10:54 pm
@Roberta,
Ok, cookie, keep us up to date..
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 11:42 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

The yellow/gold is not my intelligence. CHICKEN SOUP.

I bet there is something really deep in there, somewhere. Next time I take my cat to the therapist, I'm going to ask.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 11:50 pm
@Roberta,
This leg thing is weird.

A goil needs legs.

Roberta

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 05:17 am
@dlowan,
One of the things I'm going to ask the neurologist next week is whether my leg thing is related to my brain thing.

BTW, this is a relatively new internist. He told me that I was the most connected patient he's ever had. Quick and snappy as usual, I said, "Huh?"

He explained that I'm connected to more departments in Bellevue than any other patient he's had. I'm so proud.
dlowan

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 06:33 am
@Roberta,
Lol!!!

How don't the legs work?

Won't do as told?
Roberta

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 04:15 pm
@dlowan,
deb, My legs feel heavy and don't move well. Walking is a major chore. For example, when I wake up from sleeping, I can stand up ok, but to get moving, I have to hold on and take it very slow. In fact, I have to take everything very slow.

Pfffffft.
dyslexia

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 04:19 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

deb, My legs feel heavy and don't move well. Walking is a major chore. For example, when I wake up from sleeping, I can stand up ok, but to get moving, I have to hold on and take it very slow. In fact, I have to take everything very slow.

Pfffffft.
I hear that loud and clear.