Surgery--Again

dlowan

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 08:18 pm
@Roberta,
Yay...new underwear is good for the soul.
Izzie

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 02:29 pm
@Roberta,
Hey Goil

How was art therapy yesterday...? How are you today?

((Boida))
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 02:47 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Yay...new underwear is good for the soul.

Yes! Especially teddies!
http://daddytypes.com/archive/bear_underwear.jpg
Hubba hubbba!!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 03:58 pm
Izzie, The art therapist got her signals crossed yesterday. She didn't show up. I called her. We met briefly in the lobby. We talked. She gave me back the picture I drew that made me cry (mentioned it a few weeks ago).

tsar, Not my style, but I like the bear. There's a shock for you.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 02:51 pm
I had my first bout of cancer five years ago. Saw the doc today. I graduated!!! No more postcancer checkups. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Francis

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 02:56 pm
@Roberta,
So happy for you, Roberta!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 02:57 pm
@Roberta,
verklempt in tranna
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 02:59 pm
@Roberta,
Love that five year ok mark!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 02:59 pm
@Roberta,
nice
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 03:00 pm
@Roberta,
http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee326/brandon-buckner/clappingdog.gif
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 06:12 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

I had my first bout of cancer five years ago. Saw the doc today. I graduated!!! No more postcancer checkups. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Phew!!!!!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 07:10 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

so how soon you start the leprosy scans?
Roberta

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 09:10 pm
Thanks all for the good wishes and congrats. One down, one more cancer to go. And then there's the brain thing. That will take ongoing reviews.

dys, I'm lepping all over the place. What the docs and everyone I come in contact with don't know, won't hurt them. Well, maybe a little.
Thomas

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 09:15 pm
@Roberta,
So what are you planning to write about, now that you're running out of kvetching material?

EDIT: Okay, one more cancer to go and the brain thing. Your kvetching opportunities won't run out anytime soon.
Roberta

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 09:21 pm
@Thomas,
I don't need to be sick to kvetch, Thomas. What an amateur you are. I was kvetching on abuzz before a2k existed. I was kvetching on the phone before the Internet existed. I was kvetching in the womb before my birthday. Hey, ma. Don't eat that again. Urp. Hey, ma. It's dark in here. Let me out. Bronx Hospital? I gotta be born in Bronx Hospital. With the hundreds of hospitals in NYC, this is the best you could find?

Fact is, I'm hoping to see the end of this thread, except for an occasional update.

Edit:

Oops, while I was writing, you were editing.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 09:39 pm
@Roberta,
I just got edited, or I think I did, from a post I edited myself. Like, what?
But in any case, you know I love you.

Maybe a new thread, or maybe not. I understand ending a thread.

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 11:11 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

Roberta wrote:

so how soon you start the leprosy scans?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 03:34 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

oh Boida goil - that is the BEST news to wake up to - you've graduated with First Class Honours - verra verra happy for you. Tickled pink from across the Poind. Very Happy

Hope you manage to have your art therapy today - will be interesting to hear about what you draw/paint/make...

i love you Boida xxxx

(very happy for you... and another new day...)

Roberta

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2010 07:10 am
@Izzie,
Sorry for the major delay in responding. I had a none day somewhere in there. I slept and slept and woke up at night. Very disorienting. Also, I have a lot of work. Theoretically a good thing, but I'm tired.

I'm stewing over a problem I'm dealing with in therapy. Torn between a want and a should. Hate them shoulds. After the session with my regular therapist, I saw the art therapist. We were talking. I grabbed a paper and started drawing. A chasm made up of two wavy lines. On one side, lines that you might see in a cartoon with a magnet, pulling whatever it is in the direction of the magnet. On the other side lighting bolts. I stopped for a minute and then filled in the chasm with a yellow/gold.

Yellow and gold have usually represented my intelligence. I said to the therapist, I guess I'll figure things out. We talked some more. The yellow/gold is not my intelligence. CHICKEN SOUP. Major comfort food. Fills the body with warmth and smells wonderful. So maybe I won't figure things out. Clearly I was in need of comfort, not reason.

Amazing stuff.

I told the therapist that I am now occasionally thinking in pictures. Instead of thinking about something verbally, an image will pop into my head. Even if I don't draw it, it is usually illuminating.

Like I said. Amazing stuff.

If it wasn't so steenkin' hot, I woulda made the soup. When I drew the tomato sauce in the gold pan, I was cooking spaghetti sauce the next day.
dlowan

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2010 08:32 am
@Roberta,
Can you have ICED chicken soup?

Chicken soup iceblocks???