Surgery--Again

Izzie

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 04:40 pm
@Roberta,
Just wishing you g'nite ((((((((((( Boida )))))))))))))))) - hope you're OK hun. xxxx Catchup soon. x

xx

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 05:11 pm
Glad you're going to get your philodendron, Roberta. Didn't realize it could survive mailing or I'd have offered. (But would it survive customs, I wonder? Hmmm.)
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 03:42 am
'Night, Iz.

Tai. Customs? A plant can be arrested?
Tai Chi

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 07:14 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

'Night, Iz.

Well...some plants can certainly get you arrested...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 07:55 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

'Night, Iz.

Arrested and BURNED!!!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 05:33 pm
Back from Bellevue. Saw my internist. Went in with a list of complaints. My greatest fear was a chronic pain in my stomach. She thinks it's nothing but a pulled muscle. She's gonna check my liver anyway.

She thinks there's some kinda infection in my system, which is the cause of other symptoms. In addition to antibiotics, I'll have a chest X-ray next week.

I complained about my legs. I can barely walk. They feel heavy, especially the left one. She says that the left one looks bigger. Having some kinda vein-in-the-leg test next week.

I talked about other problems. She thinks I'm still dealing with the after effects of the steroid. Give it time. I mentioned the chemical smell I experienced when I was cleaning. Couldn't talk. She said that it wasn't good for my lungs either. I knew there'd be a downside to cleaning.

I found out she's leaving Bellevue. I'm pretty sure that tears welled up in my eyes when she told me. A good doctor--yes. But I've been seeing her regularly. She knows me. She called me when I had a question. She promised me that she would try to get me assigned to somebody who would be there for at least three years (a resident? intern?)

I hugged her when I left. Then I had to to make 9 zillion appointments.

Didn't realize how hard it would be to go to a doctor with new complaints. Fear. Worry. Uncertainty. If I was a drinker, I'd have a drink now. Had a bagel instead.

Izzie

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 06:15 pm
@Roberta,
(((((((boida))))))))) can't see for typing - just wanted to hug you and send you all love across the pond.

little fella came home - left a ships log of his adventures. Talk tomorrow - wasted now - but you'll be in my heart and prayers as I sleep. x nite goil. x
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 12:00 am
I'm getting all the side effects listed on the package for the antibiotics. How am I supposed to get all those tests if I can't be more than 5 feet from a bathroom?

Making a face. (not a nice one)
sozobe

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 07:52 am
@Roberta,
Oh yikes! Hope the antibiotics settle down soon. How long is your course?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 08:00 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

I'm getting all the side effects listed on the package for the antibiotics. How am I supposed to get all those tests if I can't be more than 5 feet from a bathroom?

Making a face. (not a nice one)

You eating those good bug replacers? Yoghurt at the very least!!!
dyslexia

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 08:09 am
@dlowan,
I take (currently) 7 meds, by reading the BOLD warnings re side-effects on every one of them, I should be dead by now. My favorite warning says "may cause fatal event.)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 08:33 am
Hmm. I wonder if that could be used as a legal excuse if you shot your doctor. Wink
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 09:46 am
Things seem to have calmed down a bit from last night.

So I go in with a complaint that I can't walk, and she gives me a medicine that makes me have to run. Another of life's little ironies.

Noivous about the chest X-ray. Maybe more noivous about the leg thing. A circulation problem can have all kinds of ramifications. Dueling noivousness. Like dueling banjos.

I gotta go to Bellevue today. Two therapists to see. I'll try to get my bloods done.

Making another face. The emoticons are inadequate to the occasion. Glad to report no thuds.

deb, Yup, I know about yogurt. Will pick some up on my way home.

dys, I'm impressed. Now THAT's a side effect.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 09:49 am
@Roberta,
no thuds rocks.

dueling banjos to accompany yours...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXyvCJlPgME
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 03:15 pm
Thanks for the musical interlude, RH.

Back from Bellevue. Got my blood test.

The antibiotics are working. I've been coughing a lot. Today, I cleared my throat once.
dlowan

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 07:09 pm
@Roberta,
Any effect on your voice?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 07:22 pm
@Roberta,
Lordie, Roberta. Listening.

There is a chance the new doc will be good. First, I typed bood.
At UNM clinics, two out of three have been. I'll pass you my dice.

Your second sentence is a sig line, but'll I'll tame myself and not quote it.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 10:32 pm
@ossobuco,
I should have added, that I understand.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 10:36 pm
@Roberta,
Not to be obnoxious and bald, but people in certain positions make choices right off the bat.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 04:30 am
My voice is about the same, deb. But other stuff that was bothering me seems to be fading. I guess my former doctor knew I had some kinda infection marching around my innards. (The leg is the same.)

Ordered my underwear. Found a major sale on slipcovers. Debated. Debated. Ordered new slipcovers for my couch and loveseat. Both combined don't add up to $100. Can't tell you what it will mean to have some brightness in here. But the splurging is OVER. Bills coming up. Come to think of it, even with the underwear it's under a hundred bucks.

What else is new? I got a call from my HR person at Bellevue. A doctor at NYU Medical Center (where I had the gamma knife thing) is writing a book about Bellevue. He saw me in the video and wants to interview me for the book. Not an opinion thing. He wants to include my story in the book.

I'm waiting for a phone call.

Such is the life of a superstar/physical wreck/poor person on a splurge.

BTW, Had art therapy today. Drew a gold bracelet. It was blue. Go figure.