Surgery--Again

dlowan

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 07:15 am
@Roberta,
Quote:
Ordered new slipcovers for my couch and loveseat. Both combined don't add up to $100. Can't tell you what it will mean to have some brightness in here.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Quote:
A doctor at NYU Medical Center (where I had the gamma knife thing) is writing a book about Bellevue. He saw me in the video and wants to interview me for the book. Not an opinion thing. He wants to include my story in the book.

Not Surprised One Iota.

Glad some stuff is feeling better on the antibiotics.

Wish leg did.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 07:55 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:
He saw me in the video and wants to interview me for the book. Not an opinion thing. He wants to include my story in the book.

Did you tell him you need to talk to your agent in the back office about what price you can offer him?
Roberta

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 02:54 pm
@Thomas,
Some agent you turn out to be. I'm not paying him. If anybody gets paid (and I doubt it--until the royalties start rolling in), it will be me. Why in the world would I pay him?

You just wanted there to be a back room.
Thomas

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 04:16 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:
If anybody gets paid (and I doubt it--until the royalties start rolling in), it will be me. Why in the world would I pay him?

The words "let me call my manager" work magic on any side of any deal. Allegedly, it's what my late friend Diva replied when her husband asked for her hand in marriage. (On consideration, I think she said "agent", not "manager". She was an actor at the time. Same idea though.)
Roberta

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 04:21 pm
@Thomas,
Excellent point.

Haven't heard from anybody yet. Don't know if I wanna do it. It will depend. Don't know if they will ultimately want me. I assume that this will depend too.

I hope this person (a doctor) is capable of writing an actual sentence.
Thomas

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 04:25 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Are you sure you hope that? A doctor who can't write an actual sentence is a man with money who needs a proofreader---badly. I say bleed him dry.
Izzie

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 04:29 pm
@Roberta,
Hey Goil

left you a message on the yabber re this...

<waves to the Mensch and gold-seller-protector-extraordinaire - you're a bit special Thomas - so glad you are there in Noo Yawk> smoch x
Thomas

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 04:59 pm
@Izzie,
<Waves back> How come you passed us by on your last America trip?
Izzie

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 05:14 pm
@Thomas,
Ha... I waved from Newark - we had a few hours layover there... but I didn't think anyone would wanna come up to the airport - our next visit Stateside will include New York for sure... hoping we'll get to Brooklyn (as in A2K's Brooklyn Babbling Girl) next year for her graduation in O-hi-O.

Would love to meet you Thomas! That would be such a pleasure. Mebbe we could get Bethie down too...

I have something I must do before I move on from this life... one thing is to go hug Boida and you for real and to hear a real-life kvetch - and for one very special night I would love to sit with JoeNation on his roof and drink hot chocolate and marshmallows and talk or not until the sun comes up. I can dream - and strangely for me - dreams can come true.

Oh, that and dance down 5th Avenue to David Bowie and Mick Jaggers "Dancing in the Street". Razz One day...
ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 05:40 pm
@Izzie,
Great image, Iz. I wish that dance for you, or a facsimile. I know you have health hinderance, while I'm just a terrible dancer. Clutz, that's the word (that hasn't always stopped me.) But it's an image I take to heart.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 08:41 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Excellent point.

Haven't heard from anybody yet. Don't know if I wanna do it. It will depend. Don't know if they will ultimately want me. I assume that this will depend too.

Offer to edit the thing at a vastly inflated price!!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 08:42 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Roberta wrote:

Are you sure you hope that? A doctor who can't write an actual sentence is a man with money who needs a proofreader---badly. I say bleed him dry.

He'll be able to write them...but they'll be illegible.
Roberta

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 09:19 pm
@dlowan,
deb, If he doesn't write it on a computer, it will never see the light of day publication wise.

Thomas, I don't think I'd edit a book in which I'm discussed. I see an ethical problem there. I'm also very, very reluctant to edit anything for a person rather than a publisher. Nightmares. Ended friendships. Arguments. Disputes. Sigh. You need the publisher as a buffer. I don't know if there's enough money in an editing fee (even a high one) to pay for this kind of aggravation.

dlowan

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 09:20 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

deb, If he doesn't write it on a computer, it will never see the light of day publication wise.

Thomas, I don't think I'd edit a book in which I'm discussed. I see an ethical problem there. I'm also very, very reluctant to edit anything for a person rather than a publisher. Nightmares. Ended friendships. Arguments. Disputes. Sigh. You need the publisher as a buffer. I don't know if there's enough money in an editing fee (even a high one) to pay for this kind of aggravation.

Honey, I was joking.
Roberta

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 09:22 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Honey, I was joking.

Weally? Wabbit, you had me.
dlowan

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 09:23 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

dlowan wrote:

Honey, I was joking.

It's my poker face.
Roberta

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 09:24 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Roberta wrote:

dlowan wrote:

Honey, I was joking.

It's my poker face.

That musta been what had me fooled.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 09:29 pm
@Roberta,
My boss was just starting to write books and screenplays in the year or so before I left. I remember my friend, the secretary/tech, having problems re that as work, but not the details re all that, if I knew them.. I'm not sure which of them was right, probably her.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 09:30 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Roberta wrote:

dlowan wrote:

Honey, I was joking.

It's my poker face.

HOLY CRAP!!
Bunny is really LADY GAGA!! It all makes sense now!!
ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 09:32 pm
She certainly is NOT.

Are you?
0 Replies