@Roberta,
Awesome!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 07:36 am
@Roberta,
Quote:
I wanted a low, full philodendron...

I just cut a couple sprigs from my plant. It will take a while to root and a while longer to get full. Is this what you're looking for?

http://urbanext.illinois.edu/houseplants/photos/philodendron.jpg

The leaves in mine have a tiny bit of yellow in some of them. Sorta like this but not so much yellow.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:x1CdJ6GjMJHKRM:http://www-staff.it.uts.edu.au/~don/larvae/plants/arac/philodendron-oxycardium.jpg
Roberta

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 04:29 pm
@JPB,
Trying to control myself, JPB. Not good at that these days.

Looks perfect.

The spot over by the window awaits.

Thanks, thanks, thanks.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 11:11 pm
The frenzy is over. I slept 15 hours today. Didn't have the chance to make another ooky phone call. This one would be the ookiest.

Took on extra work. Not sure I'm gonna be able to do it.

Everest will have to wait.

Left a dish in the sink. Glad I got so much done when I was drugged up.

Not sure how far down I am. I have to sort things out. What's physical; what's emotional.

Found Stanley (the clay cat). All his whiskers fell off and one ear is gone. Not exactly catty anymore.

Gotta get rolling here.

dlowan

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 02:35 am
@Roberta,
Oh honey...thank heavens you got so much wonderful stuff done while you were manic!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 03:45 pm
Back from Bellevue. Trying to sort things out. Tres anxious over money matters. Not down, but not up. Better than I was, but not as good as the manic made me.

Basically, I'm semi-hanging in.
littlek

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 05:33 pm
@Roberta,
What was the trip to Bellevue for today?
Roberta

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 10:08 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

What was the trip to Bellevue for today?

Therapist and art therapist.
Roberta

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 10:40 pm
@Roberta,
PS: Art therapy continues to amaze me.

Both therapies are helping, but the art therapy is interesting.
dlowan

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 12:13 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

PS: Art therapy continues to amaze me.

Both therapies are helping, but the art therapy is interesting.

Love it if you felt like elaborating.
Roberta

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 12:24 am
@dlowan,
Don't remember what we were talking about, but the next thing I knew I was drawing. It started out as a lawn with two slight hills. I colored it green. Then I stared at it. Not a lawn. It's a woman swimming. Second hill--hips; first hill--upper body. I marked off the lines of a bathing suit and added an arm. the head and legs were not there, but it was clearly a woman swimming. (Me.) Then I added aqua colored water and land with a tree to suggest that the water was not an ocean but a lake (my favorite place to swim). I also added a swing next to the tree. Done.

I haven't swum in decades, but I loved splashing around in lakes and ponds. The therapist remarked on the fitness of the swimmer. Oh, yeah. In my youth I looked good in a bathing suit. She also remarked on the swimmer really moving through the water. I'm moving in my life. The tree was for the lake. The swings? My father used to push me on the swings till I was flying. Thanks, D.

Who knew a lawn would turn into me? In a green bathing suit. I love this stuff.

Izzie

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 03:09 pm
@Roberta,
<saunters in to the sugary thread and grabs Boida's hand> Wink

I love that you love this stuff... I was thinking about you on Sunday, Boida - I watched some people painting, creating - it was utterly remarkable - the creation of the art - not just remarkable - just too good to ever be able to describe. The palette - well, all I could do was watch and marvel. Blew me away.

I can picture you Boida - I would love to watch you create and to see that release of emotion... or whatever it is that makes you feel good after drawing / painting - but that is such a personal thing to you - it's not something that can be watched or seen really...

i love it that you love that stuff

(((((((((((((((((you)))))))))))))))))))) love x
Roberta

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 03:27 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie! Can't begin to tell you how good it is to see you. Well, I could begin, but it's getting late, and I have things to do.

Cried today in art therapy. Looked at a picture I did two weeks ago with new understanding. Started blubbering.

Did an on the spot picture as well. We were talking about my grandpa, whom I adored and who adored me. I was remembering the roughness of his hands when he held my hand. I grabbed a piece of paper and drew a big hand. Then a little hand reaching up. I added to the big hand a wedding ring, finger nails, and black mark on one of the finger nails (he was a construction worker and always had one of those bruises on his fingernails). I added a little gold ring to the little hand (I still have the ring). Over in the corner I added a large orange stick figure dancing with a small stick figure. Grandpa and I used to dance the cha cha.

dlowan

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 04:33 pm
@Roberta,
Goodness.

0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 04:34 pm
@Roberta,
are you gonna sell prints?

(i want a low numbered one, i don't count so good...)

Wink
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 05:13 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Looked at a picture I did two weeks ago with new understanding. Started blubbering.

mebbe there's the fine line, goil... a balancing act - was the picture you drew 2 weeks ago one that you understood then...?

orange is a feature/telling colour for you Boida - could be a comfort colour or a conflicting colour - one to mix between the red and yellow, (methinks anyway- like your portrait orange earring drop...which further developed

The colour orange occurs between red and yellow in the visible spectrum ... The complementary colour of orange is azure, a slightly greenish blue.

rings are the neverennding circles - they are what bind us together. Your grandpa sounds like he was a wonderful man - how could he not adore you - that would be an impossible task - I reckon he adored you a tad more than you know. Smile Ahhhhhhhh... dancing a cha cha with sandpaper hands - beautiful memories - worthy of a cry, worthy to remember all the fond memoies - your art is giving you back memories - crying is not so bad... it's the release...

(i know, that could all be my tosh rambling)

however, everything you are going through is very real and personal for you - ups and down and bringing back memories and putting other feelings to bed when the drawing is completed or unfinished. Grandpa would have loved your drawing - I think he would be smiling at you both dancing the cha cha thoughts. Maybe he's leading your hand now, in a different way. Who knows. Just a thought.

<ha - late for me and medded up - need to go bed Razz>

a wee old man at a craft festival - loved him - i watched his masterpeice for a long time and thought of your oils.. x Breathaking.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/whatever/boidaoil.jpg
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 02:37 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

Philodendron? I've got a philodendron. It took over the family room at one time so we cut it back to a little sprout. Now it's back to taking over a corner. Happy to send you some. I should probably root it first. I'll start a baby philo and keep you posted.

Hiya JPB, How's the rooting coming along? Aside from wondering how the plant is doing, I have to wonder how you'r going to get it to me without it dying.

If you don't think this is going to work out, please let me know. I'll continue my hunt.
JPB

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 02:54 pm
@Roberta,
Looking good, actually. Both shoots have one root forming. I'll plunk them into some soil and make sure they are thriving before I ship them. I'll put the pot (not the exposed plant) in a ziploc bag and close it as best I can so the dirt doesn't get all over everything then pack it in a box with styrofoam peanuts and ship it two-day express. I get plants this way from the nursery I mail order from. It should be fine.

PM me an addy where you want me to ship it and I'll have it out to you later this week or early next.

Mr B walked by the cup they're sitting in and said I should start some more and keep them here in the office with me. It makes a nice addition to the piles of papers.
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 02:55 pm
@Roberta,
When I get seedlings delivered to me from mail order gardening catalogs, they use a plastic pot with lots of good soil and a collar of cardboard around the stem that fits snugly inside the rim of the pot. They then soak the pot in water until the soil is spongy and loosely wrap the plant and pot in a baggy with a few air holes punched in it and ship it in a box with a cardboard structure inside to keep the pot from moving around in shipment.

I've had plants take 14 days to arrive and they've arrived in good shape and are now thriving in the garden.

Edit: No fair, she typed faster!

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 03:58 pm
@JPB,
Very excited. And grateful. It's gonna look beeooteeful (as my mother used to say). All my greenery down by the window. Poifect. The porcelain dog gets sunlight too. If the damned 25-storey building wasn't in the way, more of the room would get sunlight.

Thanks.