Surgery--Again

Izzie

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 05:06 pm
@Roberta,
As long as he's the best gamma oily worm - that's what we'll hope and wish for. Ommming commencing and supporting you every step of the way Boida - love ya goil - heaps much bigtime.

((((((((((((((Boida))))))))))))))
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 05:30 pm
@dlowan,
I'll probably take a nap. But 5:45 a.m. is a time I see daily. Haven't been to sleep yet.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 07:18 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
The gamma knife procedure is scheduled for May 11 at 5:45 a.m.

I should be home by the afternoon.

Just re-checking that date, Roberta.

So, quite a few days for you to worry in, between now & then.

I wish this procedure wasn't necessary, too.

And just when the coast seemed clear ...

I'm glad that it's a (relatively) short procedure & that you won't be in hospital for a period after, Roberta.
Roberta

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 03:57 am
@msolga,
Me too.
dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 04:14 am
@Roberta,
Me three.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 04:16 am
@dlowan,
Me nine!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 04:17 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Me three.

HA! I trumped you by the power of square!
dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 04:31 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

dlowan wrote:

Me three.

HA! I trumped you by the power of square!

But I am your root, honey.

As such, I am the base upon which your excrescences rely for their stability.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 10:36 am
@Roberta,
Hey Boida - did you have your art therapy today?

If so, what colours were you... maybe a little red and a deep blue/mauve...

Thinking of you and as by your side as much as I can be...well, I'm looking West towards you and holding out a hand...

(((((((((Boida))))))))))
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 02:50 pm
Today I was bright yellow and magenta. Enlightenment. A sun. A volcano. Heat and light and understanding.

I have a mouse problem in my apartment. Don't want to go into it. Yech. Made a pouncing cat out of clay. It felt wonderful and empowering. I HAD to do it. The cat's name is Stanley. Stanley doesn't help me with the mouse problem, but he helps me cope with the mouse problem. Hard to explain.

Taking your hand from the East. From da Big Apple.
msolga

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 03:51 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
Today I was bright yellow and magenta. Enlightenment. A sun. A volcano. Heat and light and understanding.

Wow! I'm so impressed, Roberta! Very Happy

And good luck with the mice. (I hate it when stuff like this happens! )

Quote:
...Made a pouncing cat out of clay. It felt wonderful and empowering. I HAD to do it. The cat's name is Stanley. Stanley doesn't help me with the mouse problem, but he helps me cope with the mouse problem. Hard to explain.

I get that. Hard to explain, but I really do. Smile
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 03:58 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

The cat's name is Stanley. Stanley doesn't help me with the mouse problem, but he helps me cope with the mouse problem. Hard to explain.

http://amyletinsky.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/therapy-cat.jpg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 05:51 pm
I have a quick way to get mice (from my time in humboldt county) but it costs about $20.00. I had two of these devices, but I suppose I gave one away on the move and I want to keep the remaining one for here. Back with a link.

I speak as woman who likes mice. I just don't like mouse **** in my kitchen. And, yes, during the mice infestation time, I was ms. cleano.

This is it. It worked. Yikes, they show a cute mouse in the ad.
http://www.amazon.com/Victor-M252-Electronic-Mouse-Trap/dp/B000E1RIUU

This device and peanut butter worked well.

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 08:52 pm
My apartment is chock full of devices. I already caught three mice--one in hand-to-hand combat (don't ask). I can't invest any more money on this, but thanks for the recommendation, osso.

Herbie remains. I like this vonce. But he must go. Haven't seen him since an unfortunate episode a few days ago.

I used to have an irrational, insane overwhelming fear of mice. I'm past that--more or less.

I have to replace Stanley's whiskers. Two of them fell off when I schlepped him to Bellevue.

Art therapy is not art. Not worrying about what something looks like is very freeing. I'm dealing with the feeling, not the image. Stanley has catness and movement. You can see that he's about to pounce. Does he look like a work of art? No.

Creating him was a temporary obsession. I had to do it. I had to create a cat. Essential. And ultimately very satisfying.

dlowan

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 03:05 am
@Roberta,
Quote:
one in hand-to-hand combat

How can I NOT ask?
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 05:07 am
@Roberta,
Quote:

Fabulous - bright colours - illuminating. Exellent.

Roberta wrote:

Art therapy is not art. Not worrying about what something looks like is very freeing. I'm dealing with the feeling, not the image.

Gosh, I so get that, and also get why Clay Stanley has been created.

Gonna send ya the traps I told you about, when he's caught you (or someone) can take him outside and let him go - and you won't have to even touch him. I'd send Murphy and my Black Kitty over for a visit if I could - but they'd munch the mouse and that would not be pleasant.

When's Howie coming by next? Will you be seeing him soon?

((((Boida))))
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 01:29 pm
Bunny, Really don't wanna go into the hand-to-hand combat thing. I mean really.

Izzie, Herbie the mouse is still here. How do I know? He moved one of the traps out of his way. I'll welcome whatever you're sending me.

Howie is an innkeeper (among other things). This is inn season so he's keeping. I probably won't see him for quite a while.

I had dinner last night with my cousin Robin. She's gonna come and get me and take me home after the gamma knife procedure.
dlowan

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 10:32 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
She's gonna come and get me and take me home after the gamma knife procedure.

Good. A poison needs to be picked up after such a procedure, even if they feel as fit as a fiddle.

A poison needs another poison at such a time.
Roberta

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 11:34 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Quote:
She's gonna come and get me and take me home after the gamma knife procedure.

Good. A poison needs to be picked up after such a procedure, even if they feel as fit as a fiddle.

A poison needs another poison at such a time.

I guarantee you that this poison won't be feeling fit as a fiddle--just on general principal.

Robin is a good kid. Also, she has the time to do this. And a car. Poifect. I'm gonna need a prescription filled. (I really did ask a lot of questions.)
Izzie

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 12:58 pm
@Roberta,
Hey Boida...

How are you feeling? Few days to go... thinking about you and hoping you're alright.

The light is perfect right now - it's dusk and everything outside has yellow glow over the new green leaves - beautiful - it's raining a little, chilly, quiet outside, peaceful - going to go and sit by the river for a little bit under a brolly - sending thoughts westwards...

love love love
x
0 Replies