Schwarzenegger Announces : Running for CA Gov.

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 11:36 am
You mean senator Feinstein who left her mayors job in SF, leaving the city almost bankrupt, in order to go to Washington? She and Boxer should be recalled too. Feinstein is a cunning politician though, but Boxer is just a blowhard.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 11:39 am
cjh, All talk and no action?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 11:42 am
Fortunately, California's idiotic recall law doesn't apply to federal officials. Otherwise, some deep-pockets conservative would start more petitions. There must be someone else of Arnold's caliber to run. Maybe Leno...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 11:46 am
C.I., I voted against those two idiots every time I've had a chance, so you can't say I have taken no action. Boxer is a blowhard elistocrat from Los Altos.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 11:49 am
Not talking about voting here. We're talking about your idea of a recall for Feinstein and Boxer. Or did I miss some'n?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 11:50 am
I'm no deep pocket like Issa.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 12:01 pm
My that I suppose the Peter Principal works best in politics?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 12:03 pm
Yes, but cjhsa, it was Issa who got the ball rolling vs. Davis, to say the least.

Frankly, the initiative process has been totally subverted, IMHO, since the advent of paid signature gatherers. The same thing happens up here, only our recall process is a little more, shall we say, stringent...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 12:09 pm
Our is for overturning an election, not for any malfeasence in office. With voter referendums, it makes legislators and judges out of the members of our Mobocracy.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 12:30 pm
"Terminator III" which died at the box office and has not even made its cost is now coming out on DVD. It may eventually make its cost on DVD sales but I doubt that a "Terminator IV" would ever be a wise decision of the movie execs to put good money after bad. Hey, since "The Lord of the Rings" has made more money just in California than "T3," maybe a genius logician like Peter Jackson should be imported from New Zealand to run for office?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 12:44 pm
I'm hoping for Tony Blair next... Wink
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 01:01 pm
That would be fine with me, cjhsa. All he's known for nowadays is providing political cover for Bush...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 01:07 pm
Ahnold has held a press conference and pledges he won't be making any more films while in office. Promises, promises (his last three bombed).
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 01:12 pm
In fact, he hasn't been in what could be called a blockbuster since "True Lies" in 1994 -- nearly ten years ago. Had the studios believed he would bolster up second rate scripts along with more boring cliche stunts, throw away lines, etc.? Who is he sleeping with, anyway? Sounds like box office poison to me.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 02:42 pm
Now we have a cartoon character in charge of the 6th largest economy in the world to go along with the village idiot in charge of the largest economy. Oh wellllll...............
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 02:45 pm
I think Arnold will have a wonderful opportunity to appreciate the wisdom behind the advice to be careful of what you wish for.

If the recent history of Jesse Ventura hadn't happened, the California episode would make more sense. Ventura seemed more than glad to leave office, and the citizens of Minnesota seemed equally relieved.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 03:01 pm
truth
I lost a post. Let's see if I can reproduce some of it. I suspect that Arnold's age and the failures of his recent films have swayed him toward another career. One could predict that his new career would be politics. HIs first career was that of a body builder and his second a movie hero. He is the most likely possessor of what the psychologist, Murray, calls the Ascenscion Complex (the drive to be seen as rising/ascending above amazed others). As such, politics is his logical third option.I briefly saw an article in the Times that indicated the people of Austria, Arnold's home country, are proud of him but relieved that he is now an American. Arnold is now the governor of the world's fifth largest economy--tomorrow the world. I hope the Austrians are thinking: Hitler was enough.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 03:23 pm
http://cagle.slate.msn.com/news/ArnoldWins/ArnoldWinsGifs/THURSDAY-01.jpg
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 03:26 pm
Ahnold is going to ask Bush for help for California. It was refused before, let's see if partisanship can really sink to a new low.

I'm glad you said it, JL, as that was where I was headed. He was on the cusp of being a has-been "actor" as his vehicles were becoming boring retreads. "Collateral Damage" actually did some collateral damage to his movie career. That charisma and energy will certainly outshine the Davis lackluster personality but will it just stir up a hornet's nest? Cooperate with the Democratic legislature -- McClintock will raise a holy stink.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 03:57 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Ahnold is going to ask Bush for help for California. It was refused before, let's see if partisanship can really sink to a new low.

I thought the same thing about Bush helping California now that Davis is out. But let's face it, if the situation were reversed, would I mind? Not really. Though I can't think of a Democratic equivalent of Arnold to run for governor anywhere. Which is interesting, considering the constant BS we hear about Democrats running Hollywood...
0 Replies