Schwarzenegger Announces : Running for CA Gov.

Sofia

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 09:48 am
It will be interesting to watch.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 09:58 am
I listened to NPR this morning which said there were (did I hear this right?) 300 people on the ballot? Davis has just signed on, too.

According to NPR, the recall has to pass by a simple majority. The new governor (I can't believe, btw, what a travesty the initiative process has become, but), who is to take office immediately, will be the one of many who gets the most votes.

So Davis could lose the recall by 49.99%, then win his seat back by less than that, probably a lot less. How silly can you get?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 09:59 am
Butrfly,

May I ask what is wrong with accepting contributions from Lockheed (now Lockheed Martin, unfortunately), and the NRA? I mean, the guy is a Republican after all.

Lockheed was one of the greatest companies ever, until it got swallowed by Martin Marietta (don't be fooled, that was no merger of equals). The NRA does an admirable job of defending the rights of gun owners, like me.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 10:02 am
There is science, logic, reason; there is thought verified by experience. And then there is California
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 10:08 am
Someone on NPR joked that if anymore people file as candidates, the filing fees would cut the California deficit in half.

California has now become the symbol of Republican greed and over-reaching. The heat's off Texas (at least in that respect!).
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 10:14 am
Yah. Hear me now, believe me later. You girly men will vote for mee....and don't forget to see my moovie!!! Yah. I here promise the day I become govenor there will be no more flab in the state of CA. You girly men with your flabby excuses for triceps will be shunned. No more illegal juice, hey.
DBOL WILL PREVAIL!
SEE MY MOVIE!

http://www.pathguy.com/lectures/arnold.jpg
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 10:14 am
Well, at least Arnold won't be able to use the California governor's office as a stepping stone to the presidency as did another famous actor. Arnold isn't a native American...

Re Ventura in Minnesota: He won, if memory serves, because of a three-way race. Which come to think of it, is how Arnold may win this time, except it will be a 50-way race.

You Californians make our politics seem so dull here. We're all mildly excited because three City Council members are turning back donations from a strip club owner. Yee-hah!
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 10:18 am
I heard excerpts from Arnold's speech on the radio this morning and I thought as I heard him, This guy may be planning some surprises...
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 10:49 am
I guess Gary Coleman is running, too. Should be an interesting race. It might have made more sense to have a run-off between the two highest vote-getters (assuming Gray is turning out of office), but what would be the sport in that?
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 10:59 am
You left out Ariana Huffington, who has a following. And Larry Flynt.

After all, this is California, entertainment capitol of the world. From now on Italian politics will look serious.

And none of these people will have to pay for expensive tv ads. The free publicity will grow and grow. I have already seen more bare rear shots of Arnold than I ever wanted. I wonder if Issa thought he'd get a free ride when this started.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 11:02 am
Someone on local Republican Radio said, I'm mad at Arnold. He's going to take votes away from Issa who after all paid for this whole thing and deserves the governorship...
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 11:04 am
Yeah, that's downright unAmerican!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 11:12 am
Tart, links please. Hearsay doesn't count.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 11:20 am
Can't give you a link to a remark made on a talk show, Cjhsa. Check with KTSA, San Antonio.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 11:23 am
At last broadcast tv has something good to watch. Maybe there's the makings here for one really big reality show.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 11:24 am
I don't have a link but just a few minutes ago on the Dennis Prager radio program, the Rev. what's his name Shelton was ranting because Arnold "Supports the GAY AGENDA". Yes, he used those actual words.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 11:26 am
The Gay Agenda=Equal Rights.

Why is this simple truth so hard for some people to grasp?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 11:36 am
Arnold is being attacked by the Religous Right? Perhaps he's too closely associated with their favorite bete noire: the dreaded Hollywood axis of evil.

This is getting good!
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 11:47 am
Sofia wrote:
I can't believe he's going to do it. Shocked
I don't think anybody can beat him.

I was worried he wouldn't run. Glad he chose to step up, and I agree with you that he will be California's next governor.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 11:50 am
Apart from the fact that he'd be a Republican replacing a Democrat, what is it about Arnold that you like, Scrat? Just curious...
0 Replies